Made In America Festival

Comments

• 63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    And I think overall the lineup is way better than last year.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,819
    Yeah but the stages are close by though if its like last year. Both days have some early acts I want to check out in Haim and Wavves. It's going to be a long weekend for sure. Gaslight is on pretty early as well.

true, shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Def, agree with you. think this year's line-up is overall better. Gonna try and find cheap parking.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • I was watching the stream from home and enjoyed the remainder of Porter Robinson's set, Phoenix and Deadmau5 (gone for golf for most of the afternoon). I was actually looking forward to see Beyoncé, but after just two songs, it got cut off. I then went on the Facebook page of Made In America Festival and said that they would only show two songs of Beyoncé. I don't know why: could it be Beyoncé requested it? Hopefully, they will show all of Nine Inch Nails tomorrow night.
  • Phoenix was great. I had no idea they were that good live. After last night I need to really dig into their older stuff as I only know their hits. The lead singer killed it.
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '18- Fenway
  • Phoenix was great. I had no idea they were that good live. After last night I need to really dig into their older stuff as I only know their hits. The lead singer killed it.
    While I'm not a big fan of Phoenix, I like the part where the singer went on the barricade to get closer to the crowd. That's always cool, especially if fans are super close.
    While I'm not a big fan of Phoenix, I like the part where the singer went on the barricade to get closer to the crowd. That's always cool, especially if fans are super close.

Well at one point the cameras lost track of him because he ran all the way through the crowd out to the statue and then surfed his way 100+ ft back. It was pretty wild.

I can definitely see why Nine Inch Nails get so much love. Trent can still bring it big time and they put on a hell of a show. Also, Miguel and Macklemore were really impressive. QOTSA with another solid set as well.

Overall the weekend was jam packed with great music. And also, the Arcade Fire "REFLEKTOR" campaign was in full swing in the form of handout little stick - fans that you can wave. Idk the name of them but you know what I mean.

Can't wait to see who will be here nexxt year already since they get some top notch acts.
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '18- Fenway

Well at one point the cameras lost track of him because he ran all the way through the crowd out to the statue and then surfed his way 100+ ft back. It was pretty wild.

I can definitely see why Nine Inch Nails get so much love. Trent can still bring it big time and they put on a hell of a show. Also, Miguel and Macklemore were really impressive. QOTSA with another solid set as well.

Overall the weekend was jam packed with great music. And also, the Arcade Fire "REFLEKTOR" campaign was in full swing in the form of handout little stick - fans that you can wave. Idk the name of them but you know what I mean.

Can't wait to see who will be here nexxt year already since they get some top notch acts.
    I saw NIN's set. Great as always. Only downside was the stream had issues during the final 4-5 songs. Love the reworked versions of some of the songs. Visuals and light show were sick, I believe it would be even sicker if I was at the festival. I can't wait to see them in Toronto on October 4.

As for who could play at next year's MIA: not everyone's cup of tea, but I could see Coldplay headline the festival, since Chris Martin is such good friend with Jay Z. And possibly Kanye West or even Eminem or Lady Gaga (for a rapper/R&b singer)
    My recap:
    Day 1 was waaaaay more crowded than Day 2. I saw Haim, Empire Of The Sun, and Phoenix. Heard/sat throguh A$AP rocky who sucked. Luckily he came on about 20 minutes late and so didn't play too long and 2 Chainz ehich wasn't as bad i guess. Empire Of The Sun was the highlight for me. Amazing visually and the music was fun and upbeat. I would have enjoyed Phoenix more but i was nowhere near the stage so couldn't get a feel for them, but i liked what i heard. Left right after them, didn't care for Deadmau5 or Beyonce who i heard was real good though.

pics: https://www.facebook.com/david.mooney.7 ... 733&type=3

Day 2 started off real great with Fitz and the Tantrums then Gaslight Anthem right after that. I though Gaslight was gonna cover State of Love & Trust or Sweet Lew. The drummer had Kareem Abdul Jabbar (Sweet Lew) on his drum kit :lol: Then it tapered off for a few hours, so i was bored and sat. Went back to the main stage before Wiz Kalifa (?) took stage. He was ok. all his songs were about weed though. Most of the potheads seemed to like him. After he was done half the people left so i moved way up front. QOTSA were next and they were the highlight for me that day. Rocking set! Nine Inch Nails came on and did their thing which was great. Unfortunately about halfway through their set I somehow lost my phone :fp: I must have went to look at it and when i went to put it back in my pocket I must have missed it. I'll get back to that later though. So after that I just couldn't get too much into the show cause i was more worried about my phone. The new songs sounded great. I also wish they would have mixed up the setlists a little excpet playing most of the "hits". Lighting and visuals were awesome though.

So after they were done I desperately was lookign for my phone on the ground but didn't see it. I asked one of the secrutiy guards if anyone turned in a phone but he said no. I then asked if it would be possible to call my number and see if anyone has it or if i hear it rinig. So he did and thank god someone had it! So i met him at his hotel on 18th and Market (took awhile for me to find it cause i thought he said 16th and market). So I evantually got my phone back and thanked the guy.

Overall i thought the 2 year had better artists, but the first year it was a little better music wise. Jay-Z was great and of course Pearl Jam was spot omn. Don't get me wrong this year was cool and all. I didn't see Jay-Z at all during the festival. There were no collaborations of importance. I thought someone may come out with NIN but no. There were rumors that Jay-Z would and someone said Dave Grohl was in town :lol: I thought if anyone it would be Josh joinng Trent at some point or vice versa.

pics from day 2: https://www.facebook.com/david.mooney.7 ... 733&type=3
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • My recap:
    Day 1 was waaaaay more crowded than Day 2. I saw Haim, Empire Of The Sun, and Phoenix. Heard/sat throguh A$AP rocky who sucked. Luckily he came on about 20 minutes late and so didn't play too long and 2 Chainz ehich wasn't as bad i guess. Empire Of The Sun was the highlight for me. Amazing visually and the music was fun and upbeat. I would have enjoyed Phoenix more but i was nowhere near the stage so couldn't get a feel for them, but i liked what i heard. Left right after them, didn't care for Deadmau5 or Beyonce who i heard was real good though.

Day 2 started off real great with Fitz and the Tantrums then Gaslight Anthem right after that. I though Gaslight was gonna cover State of Love & Trust or Sweet Lew. The drummer had Kareem Abdul Jabbar (Sweet Lew) on his drum kit :lol: Then it tapered off for a few hours, so i was bored and sat. Went back to the main stage before Wiz Kalifa (?) took stage. He was ok. all his songs were about weed though. Most of the potheads seemed to like him. After he was done half the people left so i moved way up front. QOTSA were next and they were the highlight for me that day. Rocking set! Nine Inch Nails came on and did their thing which was great. Unfortunately about halfway through their set I somehow lost my phone :fp: I must have went to look at it and when i went to put it back in my pocket I must have missed it. I'll get back to that later though. So after that I just couldn't get too much into the show cause i was more worried about my phone. The new songs sounded great. I also wish they would have mixed up the setlists a little excpet playing most of the "hits". Lighting and visuals were awesome though.

So after they were done I desperately was lookign for my phone on the ground but didn't see it. I asked one of the secrutiy guards if anyone turned in a phone but he said no. I then asked if it would be possible to call my number and see if anyone has it or if i hear it rinig. So he did and thank god someone had it! So i met him at his hotel on 18th and Market (took awhile for me to find it cause i thought he said 16th and market). So I evantually got my phone back and thanked the guy.

Overall i thought the 2 year had better artists, but the first year it was a little better music wise. Jay-Z was great and of course Pearl Jam was spot omn. Don't get me wrong this year was cool and all. I didn't see Jay-Z at all during the festival. There were no collaborations of importance. I thought someone may come out with NIN but no. There were rumors that Jay-Z would and someone said Dave Grohl was in town :lol: I thought if anyone it would be Josh joinng Trent at some point or vice versa.

I was reading earlier today how it wasn't packed for Nine Inch Nails. Smart move you made by seeing Wiz Khalifa and afterward, staying for QOTSA and NIN. And looking at your pictures, I was wondering: did you have VIPs or regular tickets? I was looking at the map and noticed the VIP section was in the front area closest to the Rocky stage. If you had regular tickets, that's awesome. I'm sure you used zoom though. I know Wiz was scheduled to take the stage at 6:00 PM. What time were you there for him?

That is crazy that you lost your cell phone. At least you had a happy ending. This is why I take pictures with a camera (my camera has a strap) instead of my IPhone at festivals or shows where I do GA Floor. At the end of last year, I saw Alexisonfire at Sound Academy and the crowd and the mosh pits were really intense. I had my IPhone with me (I normally have it on my belt), but I decided to put in my jeans pocket for Alexisonfire. I would have lost it for sure if I had not put it in my pocket.
    My recap:

I was reading earlier today how it wasn't packed for Nine Inch Nails. Smart move you made by seeing Wiz Khalifa and afterward, staying for QOTSA and NIN. And looking at your pictures, I was wondering: did you have VIPs or regular tickets? I was looking at the map and noticed the VIP section was in the front area closest to the Rocky stage. If you had regular tickets, that's awesome. I'm sure you used zoom though. I know Wiz was scheduled to take the stage at 6:00 PM. What time were you there for him?

That is crazy that you lost your cell phone. At least you had a happy ending. This is why I take pictures with a camera (my camera has a strap) instead of my IPhone at festivals or shows where I do GA Floor. At the end of last year, I saw Alexisonfire at Sound Academy and the crowd and the mosh pits were really intense. I had my IPhone with me (I normally have it on my belt), but I decided to put in my jeans pocket for Alexisonfire. I would have lost it for sure if I had not put it in my pocket.

I had regular tix. There wasn't really any VIP section for the Rocky stage, least not where i was. I was on the McCready side and was about 5-6 people from the front rail. I got there in between the dude (Schoolboy soemthing?) before Wiz and him. I thought the VIP sections were throughout the festival (tents and all). Same thing last year you could get as close to Pearl Jam as you wanted.

Yeah i had my digital camera and my iphone with me. Was mostly taking pics with the camera, a few on my iphone. But yeah def, got lucky with the guy who found it was nice. :)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    So Philly and LA are getting made in America this Labor Day! Pretty cool, tic are on sale now. Unfortunately they haven't announced the line-up yet though.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • jason_bouchard88jason_bouchard88 Posts: 220
    edited April 2014

So Philly and LA are getting made in America this Labor Day! Pretty cool, tic are on sale now. Unfortunately they haven't announced the line-up yet though.

I saw that. I wonder if both cities will have the same line-up or not. If it's the same as the last two years, it would have a rock artist and a hip-hop/R&B artist headlining the festival. I think for the rock guys, I wouldn't be surprised if either Jack White or Coldplay headlining. I don't know who could be the hip hop/R&B artist headliner.
  • FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    I need this lineup to be announced haha

I'm going to call Outkast and Jack Johnson, and if that's the case, then I won't be going. Hoping for a solid headliner that doesn't necessarily need to be a favorite of mine, but a solid undercard of bands that I would enjoy.

If it's the same weekend, I don't see how both festivals (Philly and LA) could have the same lineup. There wouldn't be enough time to fly everyone/everything aross the country in a couple hours.

2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
    Yeah that sucks that it's the same weekend... Pretty stupid honestly. If LA gets a better lineup I'll freak out. And if I'm guessing, the only big enough rock band with a new album coming out later this year would be the Foos. I would love if they headlined as they are always a great show.
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '18- Fenway
  • jason_bouchard88jason_bouchard88 Posts: 220
    edited April 2014
    According to a comment I found on the Facebook page of Made in America, the person claims that Kanye West and Coldplay will be the headliners in Philadelphia.
    Post edited by jason_bouchard88 on

According to a comment I found on the Facebook page of Made in America, the person claims that Kanye West and Coldplay will be the headliners in Philadelphia.

Oy vey! I do have a feeling la will get the better line-up.

Don't know who they can get but most likely might skip it. Unless they get either daft punk, rage against the machine, Metallica, tool, or the strokes. Don't need to hear/see coldplay, foos, or black keys.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD

Don't know who they can get but most likely might skip it. Unless they get either daft punk, rage against the machine, Metallica, tool, or the strokes. Don't need to hear/see coldplay, foos, or black keys.
    I would give my little toe on my left foot for a Rage set....

The Strokes would be awesome, I forgot that they are touring this summer!
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
    Intersting thing I found:
    THIS Facebook Post says:
    60 performances. 6 stages. Two cities. One unforgettable weekend.
    Last year they had 44 performers (22 each day). So does that allow you to safely infer they will have some performers play in both LA and Philly?
    FrankieG said:

Well so far I think they are only doing the Governor's Ball.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD

FrankieG said:

Well so far I think they are only doing the Governor's Ball.
    Yeah I haven't herd anything, but I'm really hoping to catch atleast one show. :D
    If they got RATM to come back and play Philly of all places, I would have a goddamn fart attack between that and Ryan Adams coming out of the woodworks for the Xponential fest.

But the Rage thing will not happen at all.
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '18- Fenway
    If Coldplay came I would honestly think about selling my ticket.
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '18- Fenway
    I'm waiting to hear the line-up before i buy any tickets.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Yeah I figure for $100 it's a steal anyway instead of waiting for something I'll go to no matter what. Even if damn Coldplay is there, which I don't see happening.
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '18- Fenway
    I can see possibly Kings Of Leon playing Made In America festival in philly. off that weekend and they playing the day before in pitts and the day after in VA.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD

I can see possibly Kings Of Leon playing Made In America festival in philly. off that weekend and they playing the day before in pitts and the day after in VA.

That would be sweet! I would definitely go if they headlined.

If this is true, then the headliners in LA/Philly are gonna be different, which I agree with and couldn't see the logistics to pull it off.
    line-up announcement in 2 Days! :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD

I highly doubt that PJ will headline.... but the timing of the announcements are very suspicious.

If MIA is PJ's only Philly show, I will be happy, but I don't particularly want them to play there since they played only 2 years ago.

(I'm kinda worried the East Coast is going to miss out this tour...)
    No way... They won't leave the East Coast high and dry. And yeah there's no chance they play it again and honestly I'd rather see someone else headline just to mix it up. Can't wait to see who will be there.
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '18- Fenway
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,781
    FrankieG said:

I highly doubt that PJ will headline.... but the timing of the announcements are very suspicious.

If MIA is PJ's only Philly show, I will be happy, but I don't particularly want them to play there since they played only 2 years ago.

(I'm kinda worried the East Coast is going to miss out this tour...)
    I'm leaning towards no NE show. Texas-Nebraska-Northeast does not seem like an agenda the band would put together at this point in their career.

I hope I'm wrong though
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2