Options

Sending the person you are talking about an IM

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
edited March 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Happened to me at work this week.
The most embarrassing and awkward experiences in my professional career.
Felt sick when I realised what I did.

At work we have an IM program.
I typed ''I don't know if it's just me but I think Jason is pissed off at me''.
Instead of sending that to who it was intended for it was sent to Jason.
He replied with ''You do realise you sent it to me''.
I tried to save my self by replying "it was meant for you, typed your name is instead of 'you are'.
I spoke to him a few hours later (we are in separate offices on the same level of the building), went over there and apologised and told him I feel he is pissed off at me but he said he isn't and he admitted he chuckled at my error.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Funny thing is you said you feel that he is pissed off at you. You didn't say "He is an asshole and he should get fired" or something. So you kind of uttered that you feel something is wrong in the way you two get along, but you didn't say it's his fault. So I think you shouldn't feel abad about it. Or do I understand that wrong?

Reading IM reminded me of the Stasi, IMs were the Inoffizielle Mitarbeiter, the inofficial employees, who would spy on people and report whatever they got to know.
    Be glad your only problem is that you mentioned that you are having a weird feeling about what somebody might think about you ;) You even apologized!
    And I think it's good to let people know how you feel. But that might just be my German nature :lol:
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Don't talk shit about coworkers

Don't use company systems to do so
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Funny thing is you said you feel that he is pissed off at you. You didn't say "He is an asshole and he should get fired" or something. So you kind of uttered that you feel something is wrong in the way you two get along, but you didn't say it's his fault. So I think you shouldn't feel abad about it. Or do I understand that wrong?

Reading IM reminded me of the Stasi, IMs were the Inoffizielle Mitarbeiter, the inofficial employees, who would spy on people and report whatever they got to know.
    Be glad your only problem is that you mentioned that you are having a weird feeling about what somebody might think about you ;) You even apologized!
    And I think it's good to let people know how you feel. But that might just be my German nature :lol:

Yeah that is what my colleagues told me, it's probably a good thing because then he can realise his attitude has been different lately.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Don't talk shit about coworkers

Don't use company systems to do so

Lesson learnt.