Options

Smashing Pumpkins!

Comments

• Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,030
    It would be cool, if they play Starla.  I love that jam!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 883
    Yeah two tickets in the lower bowl are almost 300$ 
    noooooo way. I realize that’s not too much higher than other acts now a days. I just don’t believe this show to Ben worth it...maybe I’ll find some on stubhub week of the show. 
  • Options
    chadaw76chadaw76 Indianapolis Posts: 289
    I snagged a floor single for the Indy show. F2 Row 3. Pumpkins on Friday PJ on Saturday!
    2000: Noblesville, IN
    2010: Noblesville, IN
    2011: PJ20 Night 1
    2013: Wrigley Field, Baltimore
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Fenway I, Wrigley I, Temple of the Dog - NYC
    2017: EV solo - Louisville
    2018: Wrigley 1
    2022: St. Louis
    2023: Austin 1 & 2
    2024: Vegas 1, Noblesville, IN
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,915
    Got 2 for the Atlanta show. Lower level facing stage. $53 ea plus fees. Didn’t feel like splurging on these. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,185
    Scored floor tix to Indy.  and a 2nd row ticket to Atlanta. meant to buy 2 tix to ATL but the site was very confusing.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    What a joke TM is. Failing to put the best available again. I went in saying I'd only buy if I had killer seats. Almost bit the bullet but passed.
  • Options
    lolobugg said:
    Scored floor tix to Indy.  and a 2nd row ticket to Atlanta. meant to buy 2 tix to ATL but the site was very confusing.
    What spot on the floor did you get for Indy?
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    edited February 2018
    Have been watching the TM Maps for Boston and Mohegan Sun since 10, the tix in Boston would disappear and then reappear in such large quantities its laughable.
    Had 3 good seats in Loge 14 for Boston, but couldn't pull the trigger for $460.00.

Just now they raised the top ticket price from $125 to $134.50 in Boston....unreal as there's tons of seats unsold. 
    They also finally released some good lowers in CT and grabbed 3 there at the face value of $95.00 plus fees, used 2 of my stupid $2.25 vouchers to boot (that just offset the cost of the $4.50 to mail hard tix), seats right next to stage, cost me $118 less all in than the Boston tix I almost bought and show is a Sunday vs. a Tuesday.

Post edited by Poncier on
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Ha, just checked again, they dropped the price back to $125.00

TM sucks.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    chadaw76 said:
    lolobugg said:

my wife and I got F-2 row 6. looks like awesome seats!!

You gave me the idea of stopping off at this show on the way to Wrigley.

It's gonna be one crazy week of concerts!!!

Post edited by lolobugg on

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    TM sure does suck. they had that stupid map where you click to buy tickets and it was INFURIATING. every time i clicked on seats next to each other  it'd say "sorry! another fan got those tickets here's an alternative row!" sometimes they'd be better, sometimes comparable, so i'd click "ok buy" and it'd give me the same spiel all over again. i eventually gave up, went on my phone, and scored 2 decent tix at Mohegan Sun. i'm still "on hold" with the 2 floor seats i managed to click on for MSG. :lol:
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    TM sure does suck. they had that stupid map where you click to buy tickets and it was INFURIATING. every time i clicked on seats next to each other  it'd say "sorry! another fan got those tickets here's an alternative row!" sometimes they'd be better, sometimes comparable, so i'd click "ok buy" and it'd give me the same spiel all over again. i eventually gave up, went on my phone, and scored 2 decent tix at Mohegan Sun. i'm still "on hold" with the 2 floor seats i managed to click on for MSG. :lol:

my wife said it was a pain in the ass for her to secure tix thru TM for INDY.

ATL uses AXS tickets and they were a little better but confusing to someone like me who is used to the TM app.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Doink317Doink317 Indianapolis Posts: 84
    Got tickets for the Indianapolis show and Louisville show. Didn’t have any issues getting them with the app, but I had a few friends tell me they were having issues when trying on the actual site. 
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,422
    I looked at tickets for the Los Angeles show about 30 minutes after they went on sale.  I was able to pull up 9th row floor, as well as the best possible lower level seats.

Looks like they guessed wrong in terms of venue size and ticket price.
  • Options
    I was ready at 10am to buy tickets for Nashville. Never seen the Pumpkins live so I figured why not. Spent 35 minutes selecting the GA option thinking that would be the way to go. No luck......Called the venue in Nashville to ask if any GA tickets were still available and was told it was a reserved seat show only. Why in the world did Ticketmaster have GA floor & GA pit tickets listed if they wasn't available to begin with? jeez........  
  • Options
    washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078
    edited February 2018
    I was ready at 10am to buy tickets for Nashville. Never seen the Pumpkins live so I figured why not. Spent 35 minutes selecting the GA option thinking that would be the way to go. No luck......Called the venue in Nashville to ask if any GA tickets were still available and was told it was a reserved seat show only. Why in the world did Ticketmaster have GA floor & GA pit tickets listed if they wasn't available to begin with? jeez........  
    check now. I'm pulling up floor seats for MSG after being told the show was sold out. actually, i'm pulling up a TON of tickets after being told it was sold out.

EDIT: oh shit my brain read "floor" and not GA sorry about that! but there's still tons of tickets if you want seated
    Post edited by washedinblack91 on
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    lolobugg said:
    chadaw76 said:
    lolobugg said:

my wife and I got F-2 row 6. looks like awesome seats!!

You gave me the idea of stopping off at this show on the way to Wrigley.

It's gonna be one crazy week of concerts!!!

Yeah, gonna be a great weekend! I'm F2 Row 3
  • Options
    check now. I'm pulling up floor seats for MSG after being told the show was sold out. actually, i'm pulling up a TON of tickets after being told it was sold out.

EDIT: oh shit my brain read "floor" and not GA sorry about that! but there's still tons of tickets if you want seated
    yeah i got a floor seat after finding out that the GA wasn't available. 
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    I looked at tickets for the Los Angeles show about 30 minutes after they went on sale.  I was able to pull up 9th row floor, as well as the best possible lower level seats.

Looks like they guessed wrong in terms of venue size and ticket price.

They guessed way wrong.
    Looking at the TM map for Boston I'd guess they sold 35-40% of the available seats (weren't selling side or rear stage seats either)
  • Options
    DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 635
    Grabbed a seat in Sec 110, Row F for the first night of the tour in Glendale/Phoenix.
    Never got to see them back in the day, so I'm stoked. 
    It will be interesting going to the first show on a tour. I usually scour setlists beforehand, so I appreciate the experience going in completely blind.
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • Options
    timdwillitimdwilli Los Angeles, CA Posts: 294
    they just dropped some "platinum tickets" for LA if anyone is looking to throw down $750 for front row
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,140
    edited February 2018
    DC29940 said:
    Grabbed a seat in Sec 110, Row F for the first night of the tour in Glendale/Phoenix.
    Never got to see them back in the day, so I'm stoked. 
    It will be interesting going to the first show on a tour. I usually scour setlists beforehand, so I appreciate the experience going in completely blind.
    Well whatever they play when you see them is exactly the set they’ll play at every other show.  That was pretty much what Billy Corgan said in those texts to D’arcy 

Edit- now that I think about it, if i parascope any of the shows, I can save like $300 and see the same set
    Post edited by RoleModelsinBlood31 on
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,908
    How is Jerry not in their setlist?

weird.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,099
    wow for shits and giggles, I went to see what was left for the closest show to me (Seattle).  Most of the upperbowl is available, loads of seats in the lower bowl.   I thought it might not sell very good, but holy crap.
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,915
    Zod said:
    wow for shits and giggles, I went to see what was left for the closest show to me (Seattle).  Most of the upperbowl is available, loads of seats in the lower bowl.   I thought it might not sell very good, but holy crap.
    I got Atlanta tickets and started looking at other shows on the tour. TONS of tickets available in all cities. Even the show at MSG in New York still has a lot of tickets left. I think they might have bitten off too much on this tour. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    Zod said:
    I got Atlanta tickets and started looking at other shows on the tour. TONS of tickets available in all cities. Even the show at MSG in New York still has a lot of tickets left. I think they might have bitten off too much on this tour. 
    Chicago seems to be the exception. Scraps here and there.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    JojoRice said:
    Zod said:
    Yah, sales aren't going well, when even the bots/resellers don't want them... lol.   

To me it feels like the Marvel vs. DC movies thing.  Bands like Metallica, Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, U2.  They're like Marvel.  They all started small.  They've all kept touring.  They've all kept putting out albums.   They treat their fans well.  They don't generally air their dirty on laundry in public mediums (Some kind of monster withstanding).  They've basically spent their entire careers building their brand and building an audience.   For a career of hard work they sell out big venues and can charge a far amount of tickets.

Pumpkins seem to think they're DC.  Go right to the big box office numbers without doing the legwork.   Big Venues with big ticket prices right away.   They haven't earned brand loyalty yet.  Seems crazy to me.

GNR pulled that off, but that's GNR.   

I do wonder how much of an impacy D'arcy could of had.   Not that a bass player can't be substituted, but instead of being superstoked about a band reunion, it feels more like Billy doing the same thing he's done since the Adore era.... it lost the big shine of excitement.

We'll see how good the shows are.  He can turn their fortunes around by going out their and placing kickass concerts every night.  Work on developing a good reputation and brand.
  • Options
    I'm always surprised for the demand for Darcy (since the first reunion in 06 or whenever). While maybe she was a voice of dissention to Billy in the studio, she was non existent on their best album (SD) and her skills were fine but not unbelievable. Do people just want her there because she was an original despite not really adding much other than her name/face on stage?  
  • Options
    I'm always surprised for the demand for Darcy (since the first reunion in 06 or whenever). While maybe she was a voice of dissention to Billy in the studio, she was non existent on their best album (SD) and her skills were fine but not unbelievable. Do people just want her there because she was an original despite not really adding much other than her name/face on stage?  
    I would say it's because the best era of the Pumpkins had her on bass.   You associate that era of the band with their best music.   I guess technically they were already waning before she left, but the era after she left isn't nearly as memorable (when she was replaced by melissa auf de maur).   Then after that, everyone got replaced.

Sometime's I think Billy doesn't really get that the parts add up to more than the sum total of the pieces.  Whatever magic they had, it was the four of them.   He was never really ever able to recapture it.   Hence the question.. can he recapture it now?
  • Options
    I've just always figured when the band was good or bad was dependent on how good Billy was writing the tunes (in addition to Jimmy on the drums). I've never thought James or darcy were really important to what made the band great. It all came down to Billys song writing.