Options

Corned Beef and Cabbage

Comments

• Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,781
    badbrains said:

It was delicious! Sauteed the leftover corned beef and potatoes with a little onion this morning for hash with over easy eggs on top.

Every patient I visited yesterday (home care) was cooking their cabbage and corned beef. I smelled that smell all day long.

And I didn't get any? Thanks Jen. I appreciate it very much. Haha
    What the hell? I still have some. Feel like brunch? I have to warn you though it's not a halal corned beef. I have yet to find a halal butcher who knows what the hell corned beef is.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    i vvanna make reubens
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    edited March 2015
    ooh I love a good reuben. :relaxed:
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

badbrains said:

It was delicious! Sauteed the leftover corned beef and potatoes with a little onion this morning for hash with over easy eggs on top.

Every patient I visited yesterday (home care) was cooking their cabbage and corned beef. I smelled that smell all day long.

And I didn't get any? Thanks Jen. I appreciate it very much. Haha
    What the hell? I still have some. Feel like brunch? I have to warn you though it's not a halal corned beef. I have yet to find a halal butcher who knows what the hell corned beef is.
    Wouldn't matter to me Jen. I've done worse then eat non halal meat haha. Thanks tho
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,796
    WOO HOOO!!!

That time of the year!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Just bought mine today, Speedy. It's in the refrigerator. I'm feeling very Saturday about it. My kiddo and I can have it Saturday and Sunday. YUM!
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    deadendp said:

Just bought mine today, Speedy. It's in the refrigerator. I'm feeling very Saturday about it. My kiddo and I can have it Saturday and Sunday. YUM!

I will probably go tomorrow morning and pick up my corned beef. Have to go with the flat cut, a little pricier, but a better cut of meat. My wife will eat one meal, and she is done with it. So I end up with 2-4 days worth of leftovers. WOO HOOO!
  • Options

deadendp said:

I will probably go tomorrow morning and pick up my corned beef. Have to go with the flat cut, a little pricier, but a better cut of meat. My wife will eat one meal, and she is done with it. So I end up with 2-4 days worth of leftovers. WOO HOOO!
    I bought the flat cut. I have a lovely head of cabbage. I have the potatoes. I'm all set!

And 2-4 days of leftovers? YUM!
  • Options
    deadendp said:

deadendp said:

I bought the flat cut. I have a lovely head of cabbage. I have the potatoes. I'm all set!

I could/would eat corned beef once a month, except it is always so damned expensive.
    I love cabbage too. Just simply boiled, then topped with butter and salt.
    Plus ya have to have the RED potatoes. No other potatoes will do.
  • Options
    oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

I could/would eat corned beef once a month, except it is always so damned expensive.
    I agree, was just thinking about it and said "Woohoo" out loud when I realized the day is only a week away!
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

Hanging my head in shame. I bought . . . the OTHER potatoes. I like Yukons better. Don't hate me. I didn't even consider the red skins! :yikes:
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

Picked up my corn beef & RED potatoes today. Better check to see if I got the flat cut, lol.
    Looks like I chose wisely.
    Marching in the Delrey Beach parade Saturday. Will be looking forward to the leftovers from tomorrow.
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I got the thick cut. I'm not sure what "better cut" means.
    I forgot to get carrots. Mañana.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    i'm fairly decent at creating quite the reuben
    got some steaks being cut to order on order. when i go to gather up my meats from the butcher shop i am sure as shit picking up a corn beef & two ox tails
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    At 5am the corned beef, potatoes, and carrots are all going in to the crock pot. 6 hours later I add the cabbage. Then at noon I am packing it all up and bringing it to my mommy and daddys house.
    Probably pick them up an apple pie too.

Damn, I am a good kid! hahaha
  • Options
    Had ours yesterday. Leftovers today!
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626

Such a simple, easy delicious meal. Turned out absolutely perfect this year. My only regret?

Wishing I'd gotten a bigger corned beef, not nearly enough leftovers.

Nice shirt.
  • Options
    For some reason I had it in my head that St Paddys day was tomorrow. I dunno if I can wait till freaking Thursday to make that corned beef.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

For some reason I had it in my head that St Paddys day was tomorrow. I dunno if I can wait till freaking Thursday to make that corned beef.

Then don't! You can always purchase another! :smiley:
  • Options
    That shit is $5/lb unless you spend $25 on other stuff, even then it only comes down to $3/lb. I'm not made out of money.
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

That shit is $5/lb unless you spend $25 on other stuff, even then it only comes down to $3/lb. I'm not made out of money.

Gotcha there. I buy just one a year.
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    thank god my buddy owns an irish pub... i just show up and pig out ... :)

although i will say the cabbage and carrots are way optional ;)
  • Options

thank god my buddy owns an irish pub... i just show up and pig out ... :)

although i will say the cabbage and carrots are way optional ;)

Will I be seeing you at Wrigley this year?
  • Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    Thursday. St. Paddy's. Manny's. Yum
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,458
    mine will be ready to go (defrosted) by thursday morning. it's a year old but will be delicious. :smiley:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

mine will be ready to go (defrosted) by thursday morning. it's a year old but will be delicious. :smiley:

Just well aged. :wink:
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Wobbie said:

So this is like yogurt, eh?
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Wobbie said:

So this is like yogurt, eh?
    Exactly what I thought! :rofl:
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Codie :peace: