Corned Beef and Cabbage

Comments

• Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    I like to layer the ingredients in a crockpot and cook them for seven hours or so in beer and water. When the Corned Beef is finished smear it with coarse brown mustard and stick in/under the broiler for 4 or 5 minutes then slice it nice and thin.
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,788
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    what time should I arrive?
    My corned beef and cabbage will now be served on Sunday.
    My boss decided I needed a 70 hour work-week.
    :|:|:|
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    what time should I arrive?
    My corned beef and cabbage will now be served on Sunday.
    My boss decided I needed a 70 hour work-week.
    :|:|:|

crap. I just put mine in the crock pot.
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    gty_corned_beef_cabbage_jp_120315_wb.jpg

Making a mustard, horseradish cream sauce to serve with mine.

:P
    Nice shirt.
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

fuck...i think i got the wrong taters :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

what kind did you get? I got the little red ones - don't have to cut then up. same with the carrots, got a bag of baby carrots, just dump them in
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:

what kind did you get? I got the little red ones - don't have to cut then up. same with the carrots, got a bag of baby carrots, just dump them in

just regular taters. gonna have to cut them up.

never turns out like i think it should...guess i should dig up a recipe. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    i'd be better off grilling the meat and baking the taters :think:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    this is pretty much how I am doing it, except without the beer and I will add the veg halfway through, then the cabbage when there is an hour to go:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooke ... NextRecipe
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    81 wrote:
    i'd be better off grilling the meat and baking the taters :think:

Throw it all in a pot. Boil until all items are 30 seconds from falling apart. Drain. Serve.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    T minus 2 hrs
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,409
    I'm going to have a Reuben at a decent deli. There ya go!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    almost done. I've got the crock pot stuffed to the lid
    over cooked the taters a bit, but the rest was excellent...now we wait for cabbage farts. 8-)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Oh man. Want more corned beef now!!!

Choice soda bread this year too. Noms
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • jbarbianjbarbian Posts: 991
    Put mine in the pot this morning :D Husband has to go up north this afternoon for the week, so this yumminess will be my meal ALL week!

I love it when I don't have to share good food!
    Corned Beef and Cabbage will be ready to eat in 15 minutes.
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,765
    Mine is simmering away. Smells so good. Mmmmm! Sirius is playing Melbourne 3/17/95. Good way to celebrate st Patrick's day
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
    leftovers being heated now. 8-)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    After the long day of drinking yesterday in NYC :shifty: , I'm off to a friends house for a nice pot of corned beef & cabbage :mrgreen: .

Happy Saint Patrick's Day everyone 8-)
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
    it turned out really good, first time I've ever made it.

there was shrinkage, the meat was a lot smaller when it came out

it was salty

my son thought we were eating ham
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

it was salty

I have made corned beef brisket before, but this was the 1st time I actually made the typical corned beef, cabbage, potato, and carrot dinner. I was kind of surprised at just how delicious it turned out.
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

it was salty

I have made corned beef brisket before, but this was the 1st time I actually made the typical corned beef, cabbage, potato, and carrot dinner. I was kind of surprised at just how delicious it turned out.

How hard can it be, just use beer instead of water :ugeek: . It's the only meal my Irish friends can make well :fp: . That's why they always ate at my house ;)
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
    is there a remedy for failing to have this meal on St Pats day?

Seem to be running in to some bad luck.
    Lets see, last wednesday I jack knifed the truck. This week I dropped the front drive shaft. Yesterday I had the headlight wiring repaired on the loner truck they gave me while mine gets fixed. Tonight , I'm starting my day and the lights ALL lights will flash on and off intermintently. Dash lights too. WTF!!!!

Never EVER piss off a SAINT!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:

Lets see, last wednesday I jack knifed the truck. This week I dropped the front drive shaft. Yesterday I had the headlight wiring repaired on the loner truck they gave me while mine gets fixed. Tonight , I'm starting my day and the lights ALL lights will flash on and off intermintently. Dash lights too. WTF!!!!

Pics of the Jack Knife?
    mickeyrat wrote:

Pics of the Jack Knife?
    momentum helped to break it. hit a patch of ice @60mpf w/cruise on, on a small bridge in Michigan on US127 about 30 miles north of Lansing. Veered left into the dirt. Was able to limit that to just the drivers side tires in the dirt.Bent the pass side wings around the exhaust.Then I came to a stop back in the right lane. Stalled it of course. Thank GOD that absolutely no one was around (0430). Started it up and kept going to my first stop. Road got real shitty as I continued. Settled in behind a plow and took it the rest of the way at 40-45. Scariest 2-3 seconds of my life.

Hellava bang. tiniest little scratch on the trailer

mickeyrat wrote:
    momentum helped to break it. hit a patch of ice @60mpf w/cruise on, on a small bridge in Michigan on US127 about 30 miles north of Lansing. Veered left into the dirt. Was able to limit that to just the drivers side tires in the dirt.Bent the pass side wings around the exhaust.Then I came to a stop back in the right lane. Stalled it of course. Thank GOD that absolutely no one was around (0430). Started it up and kept going to my first stop. Road got real shitty as I continued. Settled in behind a plow and took it the rest of the way at 40-45. Scariest 2-3 seconds of my life.

Yikes!
    What did your company have to say about it? Anything?
    mickeyrat wrote:

Yikes!
    What did your company have to say about it? Anything?
    getting in the dirt caused a critical control event, i.e. a hard brake and stability control. Got written up for the hard brake. As far as the damage to the truck, it seems to be kept between me and my dispatcher.

I swear , up to that exact moment I was only dealoing with relatively minor wind gusts. I think that a gust hit right then , and I adjusted for that. Up to then I was maintain my lane.

mickeyrat wrote:
    getting in the dirt caused a critical control event, i.e. a hard brake and stability control. Got written up for the hard brake. As far as the damage to the truck, it seems to be kept between me and my dispatcher.

I swear , up to that exact moment I was only dealoing with relatively minor wind gusts. I think that a gust hit right then , and I adjusted for that. Up to then I was maintain my lane.
    Ill make you feel better.

Yesterday we had one driver FLIP OVER a tractor and trailer.
    While IN THE YARD!
    Cant wait for the results of that drug test.
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    mickeyrat wrote:

Ill make you feel better.

Yesterday we had one driver FLIP OVER a tractor and trailer.
    While IN THE YARD!
    Cant wait for the results of that drug test.
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    WTF!?!?!?!?!

So I guess he is now a safety instructor? Teaching the "what NOT to do " class?

How the fuck does that happen?