Options

PJ20 Record Store Advertisment

HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
edited March 2013 in The Porch
I've been waiting almost 2 years. Driving by 5-10 times a week. Finally yesterday they pulled it out of the window and I was able to get it today. Searched but couldn't find anything threads about it. It's 3x3 on a thick cardboard type stock.

e4e512a81baa__1362802769000.jpg?tw=0&th=720&s=true&rs=false
#FHP
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Cool.

When Backspacer came out my local Target had a 4 foot wide Pearl Jam poster above their CD section. I asked if I could have it when they were done (even offering to pay) and they told me it has to go straight into the garbage per company policy. :evil:
  • Options
    MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    cp3iverson wrote:
    Cool.

When Backspacer came out my local Target had a 4 foot wide Pearl Jam poster above their CD section. I asked if I could have it when they were done (even offering to pay) and they told me it has to go straight into the garbage per company policy. :evil:
    BS.

Someone who worked there "volunteered" to take out the garbage that day and took it straight to their car.
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • Options
    CTD10CTD10 Posts: 351
    cp3iverson wrote:
    Cool.

Same thing happened to me when Binaural came out. The Walmart in my town had a huge Binaural poster and a few other cardboard things hanging over it and they told me the same thing...had to go in the garbage. Bastards.....Now I never shop there anymore.
    ctd
  • Options
    go prego pre Posts: 649
    I have that pj20 thing. I've had mine almost two years now. It's like cardboard, but plastic. I also have a vs and vitalogy album cover made from the same material. Those are smaller though. I'd be interested to know what people think they are worth.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Options
    go prego pre Posts: 649
    The same thing happened to me at Target. one of my best friends worked there, and he couldn't do anything about it.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Options
    jen.ryanjen.ryan Posts: 339
    very cool.
    no clue value - but really value is what someone is willing to pay for it.

awesome peice though
    1992 - Saratoga Springs NY 8/4/ (Lollapalooza)
    1996 - Buffalo NY 10/1
    1998 - New York (MSG) 9/11
    2000 - Saratoga Springs NY 8/27/
    2006 - New York (Ed Sullivan Theater) 5/4, Albany NY 5/12, Boston MA 5/24
    2008 - Hartford CT 6/27 Mansfield MA 6/28
    2010 - Hartford CT 5/15/10, New York (MSG) 5/21/10
    2013 - WRIGLEY! 7/21 Worcester MA 10/16, Hartford CT 10/25
    2015 - Philly 4/28, Philly 4/29, Fenway 8/5
    Eddie Solo
    Boston Opera House 8/2/08, Albany Palace Theatre 6/9/09

• Options
    nicky-p38nicky-p38 Posts: 394
    cp3iverson wrote:
    Cool.

I actually have this giant backspacer promo. Relative works at Target, she took it right out the front door...so much for company policy.
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,459
    That is hot Shit right there! Very cool. I have been needing something like that to complete my PJ Mancave. If you ever sell it??? Hint,Hint?
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    TJ25487 wrote:
    That is hot Shit right there! Very cool. I have been needing something like that to complete my PJ Mancave. If you ever sell it??? Hint,Hint?
    Well they only charged me $10 for it. Would be kind of hard to ship being as it can be rolled. It does have a crease all the way across the middle. Record store must have folded it in half at some point. If I decide to part with it you'll be the first to know.
    #FHP
  • Options
    rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    edited March 2013
    cp3iverson wrote:
    Cool.

Lol, I thought the same thing when I saw it at my Target. I didnt ask because I figured where the hell will I put that huge thing.

I am guessing the person was bullshitting you about company policy. The employees probably take that stuff.
    Post edited by rearviewross on
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,851
    I've got one of those for Self-Titled :)
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    nice!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    GB45499GB45499 Posts: 232
    That is awesome!

The best thing I got for free at a store was Target. I got the same answer from their employee's about tossing all the promo stuff in the dumpster when the store was finished with it. 3 days before Backspacer came out, my baby momma shows up with the vinyl/shirt holder display. I was blown away...and asked how she did it. She just said 'I was just being a girl'. Works every time I'm sure. It is in perfect condition. I guess the boys working that department just finished putting it together and she basically said she wanted to take it home. I wanted that huge portrait but I guess my timing was bad. I missed the dumpster diving party. :evil: :lol:
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,426
    Horos wrote:
    I've been waiting almost 2 years. Driving by 5-10 times a week. Finally yesterday they pulled it out of the window and I was able to get it today. Searched but couldn't find anything threads about it. It's 3x3 on a thick cardboard type stock.

e4e512a81baa__1362802769000.jpg?tw=0&th=720&s=true&rs=false

That's cool. You should get the Baywatch guy to frame it for you.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    theJawastheJawas Posts: 395
    I started working at Target about a week after Backspacer came out. I coveted the Pearl Jam poster thing from my first day. Finally during a remodel a year and a half later, I found it on the floor in electronics. I had to go through three managers, but they agreed to let me have it. I don't know that a member of the public would have been so lucky.
  • Options
    katelliskatellis Posts: 513
    edited June 2015
    --
    Post edited by katellis on
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    cp3iverson wrote:
    Cool.

I have the 3X3 Backspacer cover from Target, and the 4 foot wide Pearl Jam sign. I have a friend in management at Target, and they took it for me.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23