Unwilling PJ Converts

2»

Comments

• rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    Well I showed her the new girls shirts in the PJ store and she likes one. She wants to wear it to Wrigley . That is a good sign. Maybe she will come around, a little anyway. :) She has said she will watch PJ20 this Wednesday as well. :lol:
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • BrianEngelBrianEngel Posts: 183
    several of my good pals do not like PJ and think i'm plain old silly! Mostly dudes that were into punk stuff first and refuse to allow PJ into their lives. One buddy has begun to turn around. Most of these pals are record nerd/dj guys, and we all gather once a month at Palmer's (Mpls West Bank legend dump!) for a shindig called Wax Museum...basically open turntables to anyone for 20 minutes, and i play at least 1 PJ cut, and over the year, one of them is starting to hear the magic! :thumbup:
    "Don't need a raincoat, I'm already wet!"
  • YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    I told her she needs to earn it.

:lol:

Nice. Way to learn her and show her who's boss! :lol:
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• lcusicklcusick Posts: 310
    I always liked Pearl Jam, but my husband was not a fan. I wanted to go to their concert and he said, "No we are too old for Pearl Jam. What??? We were 47 at the time. I always like PJ but never had the opportunity to see them live. So, then they were playing Toronto (2009) on my birthday. So, I bought 2 tickets and booked a hotel and said, we are going to this for my birthday. We went and he fell in love with Pearl Jam. We have been to 3 more PJ concerts since, Eddie solo in NYC and now are going to Wrigley. I have been trying to convert my sister forever, though and have not been successful. She has never seen them live, tho. I guess I have a hard time understanding how you could not like Pearl Jam :lol:
  • moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805
    I'm in an inter-faith marriage (my hubby worships at the altar of all forms of techno music) and all is good. Take your wife on a child-free weekend to Chicago (NO DOUBT she deserves it!), sell your ticket to another 10c member and use the funds to let your wife have her own great Chicago experience. Focus on converting the kids - we have a son that loves PJ and DeadMau5 :D
    I'm in an inter-faith marriage (my hubby worships at the altar of all forms of techno music) and all is good. Take your wife on a child-free weekend to Chicago (NO DOUBT she deserves it!), sell your ticket to another 10c member and use the funds to let your wife have her own great Chicago experience. Focus on converting the kids - we have a son that loves PJ and DeadMau5 :D

Lol, good advice. I started on the kids the before they were born. My two year old just told me he wants to listen to Tearl Tam. :lol::lol: He is also a HUGE Gaslight Anthem fan. No joke, He knows how to work Youtube on the laptop and plays TGA songs all the time. :D
  • BrianEngelBrianEngel Posts: 183
    My 7 yr old loves Nirvana :thumbup: and top 40 club radio. :thumbdown:
    "Don't need a raincoat, I'm already wet!"
    BrianEngel wrote:
    My 7 yr old loves Nirvana :thumbup: and top 40 club radio. :thumbdown:

Yeah, my little guy goes from PJ and TGA to Gangumstyle. :fp: It is funny watching him do the dance moves and sing though. :lol: