Options

definitely no Astoria bootleg!!!!!!!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    check out the dates and stuff on left hand side... half way doon!!!!

Can't wait for their Chicago 2996 date. That's gonna be interesting!
  • Options
    foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    I got this reply from 10c when I asked if there would be a boot:

No, sorry, not that we know of.

BOLLOCKS!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    redrock wrote:
    I e-mailed 10C yesterday asking them to put us out of our misery - will there or won't there be an Astoria boot?

Their reponse:

"Sorry, nothing can be confirmed at this time."

Not a yes BUT not a no! Keep the faith - don't you think they would have said NO if it was completely out of the question? Or am I being too optimistic?

my idea is why dont we start a "i would buy the Astoria bootleg" thread... then when we have about 100-1000 names we could send it to tenclub and just say "look we have 1000 people wanting to buy this, you dont even have to master it or anything... i know they record straight onto a Mac these days... the gig would take less than 1hour to convert to MP3's and then these 1000 people will give you £15 for the gig... so tenclub make £15,000 for maximum 2 hours labour"

they have recorded it... they record every gig.... so now we wait 6 years for a gig that only 1500 lucky souls can see... but we cant get a bootleg of it even though it wasnt a charity or support event :confused:
    to make it worse for us UK'ers... i guarantee that the Reading/Leeds gigs wont be available either..

so of the 3 gigs in the UK, after our 6 year wait, we cant actually have the bootlegs for any of them!!

thats poor in my opinion... still... i'll definitely have Dublin, although they'll not let me download for moaning about this probably :p

surely Kat must understand our frustration... she has a kind heart*

*thought maybe grovelling might even work!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    Lets get it started ....
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    foxymop79 wrote:
    Lets get it started ....

ok i did ;)

it'll mean nothing but it's still a way to vent... of the 9123 petitions that get started on here not one has ever been successful in its actions... lets change that

think of us as cyber-revolutionaries... .Ed would be proud of us "fighting the man" for our needs... ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    ChumfattyChumfatty Posts: 140
    My name added,

Lets keep this rolling people.

Listening to the poor quality recording posted a few day ago, it bringing back memories, but it not the sort of thing you can listen to in the car. Thanks to the chap who recorded it though, looks like the only memento we'll have. :(
    My body is a temple come kneel at my prayer mat.

Astoria 2006

*Astoria Crew*

Dublin 23/08/06 - best gig ever!
  • Options
    Me too. All of you that have been to Astoria - DO IT!
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    So there's still hope of a DVD then guys!! :D:D

I suppose there would be hope of a dvd if the Astoria show had been filmed, but it wasn't. There were no proper video cameras there, at least noty that I could see. They normally have at least one camera on stage and one in the area between the stage and the crowd, and there were none.
  • Options
    Sign the petition Byrnzie (if you haven't done so, of course!)
  • Options
    I'd buy it too!

Don't wanna wait ten years for a vault show!
  • Options
    I'd buy it too!

Don't wanna wait ten years for a vault show!

Petition....... http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=189328
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    redrock wrote:
    Sign the petition Byrnzie (if you haven't done so, of course!)

Where is that??? :confused: O.k, just seen it!!
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Where is that??? :confused: O.k, just seen it!!

Go on then... Good boy. Nothing like a kick in the butt early in the morning. Sets the mood for the day!
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Chumfatty wrote:
    Thanks to the chap who recorded it though, looks like the only memento we'll have. :(
    Gal actually ;), you're welcome, sorry it's so bad.
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    redrock wrote:
    Go on then... Good boy. Nothing like a kick in the butt early in the morning. Sets the mood for the day!

Start the day as we mean to go on :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    Start the day as we mean to go on :D

So you think it's gonna be one of those days for me then? Better shape up because later on this afternoon we have to go for a 'family interview' at my daughter's future secondary school. Need to make a good impression!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    So you think it's gonna be one of those days for me then? Better shape up because later on this afternoon we have to go for a 'family interview' at my daughter's future secondary school. Need to make a good impression!

Well knowing us ladies, the day usually only goes one way. ;) I find it's no good trying to fight it anymore :D

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    Well knowing us ladies, the day usually only goes one way. ;) I find it's no good trying to fight it anymore :D
    You're right as well! Oh well, the school will just think my poor daughter's got the bitch mother from hell - totally looney as well. They might pity her. Or I could let my hubby do all the talking and they will think I'm submissive!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    You're right as well! Oh well, the school will just think my poor daughter's got the bitch mother from hell - totally looney as well. They might pity her. Or I could let my hubby do all the talking and they will think I'm submissive!

Hmm no women should be seen as submissive though! ;) No good lulling men into a false sense of security now is there? :D

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    i just went onto the new and very shiny bootleg download manager

if you click on 2006 then it just shows the US first leg dates.. Astoria and Irving Plaza not there... i repeat...not there

bollocks!!!

my first PJ gig and i wont have the sonic memento i so craved!!!

thats not fair , i'm gonna scream n shout and stamp my feet like a baby

I WANNNNNNNNNNNNNNT MMMYYYYYY BOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    Hmm no women should be seen as submissive though! ;) No good lulling men into a false sense of security now is there? :D

They just get suckered into it. We know who rules! We let them light the BBQ just to make them think they're the boss and they're happy with such a little thing like that! We know we could light it quicker and better!