Options

Dog saved the life of a 3 year old

AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
edited May 2013 in A Moving Train
In Poland a little girl disappeard last Friday but was found the next day, she survived thanks to a dog who had stayed with her and kept her warm said the fire workers.
This kind of stories just makes me feel emotional!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    :D Dogs are the best ...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718
    Dogs are best but cats rule. :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Animals in general continually amaze me - their instinct and actions within their species, as well as outside of it.

I adore dogs - how loyal they are, how some just...get it. And somehow communicate it to us.

What breed was the dog in this particular story?

Lately I've been watching Pit Boss - not only love how they're showing that the stigma of pitts is on the owner, not the animal itself, but good god those dogs are some of the sweetest and most loving animals. Plus damn cute to boot.

(all that said, gotta echo Brian regarding cats - large or small, they ROCK :mrgreen: )
  • Options
    hedonist wrote:
    Animals in general continually amaze me - their instinct and actions within their species, as well as outside of it.

I adore dogs - how loyal they are, how some just...get it. And somehow communicate it to us.

What breed was the dog in this particular story?

Lately I've been watching Pit Boss - not only love how they're showing that the stigma of pitts is on the owner, not the animal itself, but good god those dogs are some of the sweetest and most loving animals. Plus damn cute to boot.

(all that said, gotta echo Brian regarding cats - large or small, they ROCK :mrgreen: )

It was a crossbreed!
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    dogs are the best gift :D
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    lukin2006 wrote:

You sure???

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/ ... t-birthday
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    lukin2006 wrote:

You sure???

I knew clicking that link was going to ruin my morning but I did it anyway. :(

Heartbreaking story all around.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

You sure???

What a horrible story :cry: it's true that you can never know for sure what's going on in a dog's mind, keep safe.
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

You sure???

Yes they are the best.

Bringing a child into the world that a dog has already established him/her self in is a tricky thing. You always have to know that in the dog's world they don't want their pecking order to change. Even if they seem docile and content with the newbie around. Things can go wrong.

A shout out to the gun crowd. If this guy was locked and loaded and strapped to his pants he could have blown the dog away. Pffft, having a big dog for protection instead of a gun. (tongue in cheek people)

Do you always have to have a stroy from the "other side"? ;)

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Damn the injection of the gun! ...dog had basically killed the baby already - as was the recent case with the woman who was mauled to death by the lion she was caring for.

(and yes, I get tongue in cheek - typically not a bad thing ;) - but not seeing the point of inserting it here)

Absolutely tragic loss for the family of the little one, especially since he and the dog were so close. But that is one huge dog - and as much as it seems there was a bond...protection/love from dog to child...it's still an animal with the capacity to do irrepairable and instantaneous damage.

Hell, sometimes our cat jumps out of nowhere to attack my ankles when I'm walking by her (not the best analogy, but still). It's all just...unpredictable.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    lukin2006 wrote:

You sure???

Yes that is sad ... but if you have kids and animals ... you need to keep an eye on your kids and your dog ...

animals can be unpredictable. guaranteed dogs are less responsible for human deaths than humans are.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options

Yes they are the best.

Bringing a child into the world that a dog has already established him/her self in is a tricky thing. You always have to know that in the dog's world they don't want their pecking order to change. Even if they seem docile and content with the newbie around. Things can go wrong.

A shout out to the gun crowd. If this guy was locked and loaded and strapped to his pants he could have blown the dog away. Pffft, having a big dog for protection instead of a gun. (tongue in cheek people)

Yes.

And mostly I'm just tired of dog owners pretending they have kids. It's still a dog.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    I don't know why anyone would pretend their dog is a kid. Their dog is so much better than a kid.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV wrote:
    I don't know why anyone would pretend their dog is a kid. Their dog is so much better than a kid.

Hahahaha. This is sometimes true.

Until you realize, you pick up a dog's poop for life, only have to do that for a kid for 2-3 years and then the occasional accident!!!

I prefer dog in my meatballs and fake fur and out of my house. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    St. Bernard was the dog that saved the child, correct?
  • Options
    JBiiJBii Lake Spivey Posts: 354
    Dogs are love
    That what you fear the most could meet you halfway
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    brianlux wrote:

Sorry bro, but a cat would leave you there to die, and we ALL know that. :lol:
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    the wolf wrote:
    brianlux wrote:

Sorry bro, but a cat would leave you there to die, and we ALL know that. :lol:

true dat. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    JimmyV wrote:
    :D :thumbup: :clap:
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options

Yes they are the best.

Yes.

And mostly I'm just tired of dog owners pretending they have kids. It's still a dog.

As a parent of a child who was attacked at the front door of our house by someone's buffy, I'll speak to this as well.

I don't really have a problem with dogs in general, I have a problem with certain breeds rich with violent history.

The old "it never did anything like this before" is akin to saying you had your head up your ass. Nobody is surprised when dangerous breeds attack- except the owners. Poor kid in the link.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    pandora wrote:
    dogs are the best gift :D
    dogs are alright but they're far from the best gift
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."