Options

day of show tickets

13»

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    People will spend Thousands of Dollars on Posters.
    People will spend Thousands of Dollars on Frames.
    People will spend Hundreds of Dollars on Bootlegs.
    People will spend $150 for a Super Duper Re-Issue, of a 20 year old Album.
    People will spend $100 for a Track Suit.
    People will spend $100 on a Jacket.
    People will spend $800 on an album.

But these same people, will bitch, scream, whine, and moan, if they have to go to stubhub a buy a concert ticket, for $100 over face value.

I dont get it.
    haha..nail it
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    People will spend Thousands of Dollars on Posters.
    People will spend Thousands of Dollars on Frames.
    People will spend Hundreds of Dollars on Bootlegs.
    People will spend $150 for a Super Duper Re-Issue, of a 20 year old Album.
    People will spend $100 for a Track Suit.
    People will spend $100 on a Jacket.
    People will spend $800 on an album.

But these same people, will bitch, scream, whine, and moan, if they have to go to stubhub a buy a concert ticket, for $100 over face value.

I dont get it.

I'm just mad Tim B. never called me and brought 4 GA tickets to my house. I thought that was included in the $40 a year I spent?

He doesn't call, he just shows up. No one was home.
    Same thing happened with Ed McMahon and me years ago, he showed up with a million dollar check unannounced while I was out...dude should have called and set up an appointment.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
    bluegrace wrote:
    I wouldn't wait til the day of the show. I heard there were false tickets floating around in Stockholm last summer for the PJ concert. The show was sold out, but you could find left over tickets through the internet, that's what I did. But no, I would never show up without a ticket on the day. Buy in advance.

In general if you use common sense this isn't a problem. Avoid buying printed tickets, especially from scalpers. In fact try to avoid scalpers completely and get extras from fans. There will be plenty out there.

Getting tickets the day of the show sounds scary and risky if you've never done it. Once you try it you will see that it is no big deal and you will almost always end up with a better seat than if you had bought tickets on TM during the public sale
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    In general if you use common sense this isn't a problem. Avoid buying printed tickets, especially from scalpers. In fact try to avoid scalpers completely and get extras from fans. There will be plenty out there.

Getting tickets the day of the show sounds scary and risky if you've never done it. Once you try it you will see that it is no big deal and you will almost always end up with a better seat than if you had bought tickets on TM during the public sale[/quote]

And often times for less money.
    Soldier Field - Jul 11, 1995, Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996,
    Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Stadium - Nov 14, 1997,
    Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Stadium - Nov 15, 1997, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 26, 1998, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 27, 1998, United Center - Jun 29, 1998, Riverport Amphitheatre - Jul 02, 1998, Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000, Assembly Hall - Apr 23, 2003
    United Center - Jun 18, 2003, Fox Theatre - Oct 05, 2004, United Center - May 16, 2006, United Center - May 17, 2006, United Center - Aug 23, 2009, United Center - Aug 24, 2009, Sprint Center - May 03, 2010, Scottrade Center - May 04, 2010, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
  • Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    This is all so very interesting. So, the gates open at 5:30, show at 7:30. What time does one line up at will-call? AM?
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
    This is all so very interesting. So, the gates open at 5:30, show at 7:30. What time does one line up at will-call? AM?

They often don't release the extra tickets until like an hour before doors open, or even sometimes after doors open. Sometimes they play games and tell anyone lining up not to bother because there are no tickets, then turn around and release tickets like 30 minutes later. You just don't know. I would say if you are there looking for tickets at 5:30, you will have no problem finding them before showtime.
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998

They often don't release the extra tickets until like an hour before doors open, or even sometimes after doors open. Sometimes they play games and tell anyone lining up not to bother because there are no tickets, then turn around and release tickets like 30 minutes later. You just don't know. I would say if you are there looking for tickets at 5:30, you will have no problem finding them before showtime.

Just waiting and hoping to see some for $150 or less on Stub Hub or Craigslist. I can justify $300 for the higher priced tickets (100 and 400 level) versus $500 for 200 and 500 level seats. But if all else fails, I'll be at bars in Wrigleyville the day of, bugging all PJ fans for 2 tickets. If none there, I will be in line hoping for a release... It's rediculous that I'm willing to do all of this...
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    I can now say from experience that the advice to be patient is very worthwhile.
    I just scored a lower reserved ticket from a fellow 10c'er for face.
    And it's early yet. I'm just so stoked to be in the door!!
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV