Fuck the World...NIN IS BACK!!!!

Comments

• TC282314 said:
    How was the show? I was lucky to see them Boston night 1 from the 3rd row!
    Good, but the crowd around us was pretty awful and it will only get worse on Fri and Sat.  It was my 5th show of this tour and it's become the norm I guess.  Some of the new stuff is boring (GBDTD and Over & Out) but lately they've been breaking up the Shit Mirror, Ahead of Ourselves, GBDTD trifecta so hopefully it's out of the way.  Starfuckers was an awesome surprise (first time since 2008).

Request for night 2 or 3 - SOMEWHAT FUCKING DAMAGED!

What do you mean by awful?

"My brain's a good brain!"
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    TC282314 said:
    Good, but the crowd around us was pretty awful and it will only get worse on Fri and Sat.  It was my 5th show of this tour and it's become the norm I guess.  Some of the new stuff is boring (GBDTD and Over & Out) but lately they've been breaking up the Shit Mirror, Ahead of Ourselves, GBDTD trifecta so hopefully it's out of the way.  Starfuckers was an awesome surprise (first time since 2008).

Full volume conversations, screaming singing at the top of their lungs, phones up for entire songs.  I really don't care what people do as long as they're quiet, but it's becoming way harder to find a considerate person at a show than an obnoxious person.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • TC282314 said:

Full volume conversations, screaming singing at the top of their lungs, phones up for entire songs.  I really don't care what people do as long as they're quiet, but it's becoming way harder to find a considerate person at a show than an obnoxious person.

I hate how this is becoming a frequently occurring and irritating feature of a concert goer's experience.
    edited October 2018
    Incredible show last night.  Sin played for the first time this tour.  And All That Could Have Been for the first time ever.  And opening with their greatest song...Somewhat Damaged!!!  Hopefully night 3 will be just as unpredictable.

Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    Has Trent been performing with the JAMC at all on this tour?
    edited November 2018
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Has Trent been performing with the JAMC at all on this tour?
    No.
    Heading off to Vegas tomorrow for the NIN/JAMC shows.....super excited about such a great 1-2 punch!
  • JOEJOEJOE said:
    Heading off to Vegas tomorrow for the NIN/JAMC shows.....super excited about such a great 1-2 punch!
    I hummed and hawed for so long about this show.

Not going. Needless to say... I’m envious of you.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    How come Bad Witch isn't recognized as an EP?  Shouldn't it be?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    How come Bad Witch isn't recognized as an EP?  Shouldn't it be?
    30 minute length.  And this:
    https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/05/nine-inch-nails-bad-witch-album-labeling/
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    edited December 2018
    I’m going to have one extra ticket available for the 12/14/18 show at the Hollywood Palladium. Face value + fees which is $120. Please let me know if anyone’s interested. Thanks.
    Post edited by kasedoug on
    Amazing shows in Vegas this past weekend.   The Saturday show, with the exception of some covers and movie soundtrack songs, featured all songs from the Downward Spiral and before.  The Jesus and Mary Chain were great too....they had a great light show, and changed up their set list over the 2 nights.   Looking forward to seeing the show this Saturday at the Hollywood Palladium, and perhaps one more time after that!
    Both Vegas setlists looked great. Was having major FOMO but we were just there in June to see them and I couldn't do a 4th Vegas trip this year. SF will probably be similar to what we've been seeing, but 6 nights in LA could get interesting. I think tapers are covering all of the last 8 shows. 

edited December 2018
    Just caught a ticket release for NIN on Friday at the Hollywood Palladium.....already had tickets for Saturday night.
    Livenation is up to their old tricks...the tickets at the real world on-sale were $78.50 plus s small service charge.....they are now charging $99.00 plus a $17 service charge online.

They are playing 6 nights at the Palladium....I hope I have the will power to not go to any more than two or three of them.

I've already seen them 4 times this year...after this weekend, it will be 6 shows for me this year.....tied with Pearl Jam 2006 for the most shows I've seen by one band in the same year.
    Post edited by JOEJOEJOE on
    edited December 2018
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Just caught a ticket release for NIN on Friday at the Hollywood Palladium.....already had tickets for Saturday night.
    Livenation is up to their old tricks...the tickets at the real world on-sale were $78.50 plus s small service charge.....they are now charging $99.00 plus a $17 service charge online.

They are playing 6 nights at the Palladium....I hope I have the will power to not go to any more than two or three of them.

I've already seen them 4 times this year...after this weekend, it will be 6 shows for me this year.....tied with Pearl Jam 2006 for the most shows I've seen by one band in the same year.
    I'm with you man.  Saw them 7 times this year and really want more, both because the setlists have been great and because I'm worried they'll disappear for years again, but I'm resisting.  Just finished listening to 12/3 SF, amazing--Home and Dead Souls in the encore.  12/4 is up next.
    Enjoy the LA shows.  Should be nuts.
    Post edited by given2fly23 on
  • Regretting not travelling to Vegas to see them.

Gawddammit
    Just received this email from NIN....they are gonna drain my bank account even more now!

PALLADIUM  – LIMITED EDITION PHOTO PRINTS AVAILABLE

Jonathan Rach, (director of the legendary Closure film), will be photographing Nine Inch Nails for the first time in twenty years at the upcoming Palladium shows. Limited edition numbered prints signed by Trent and Jonathan will be available for purchase on-site on Dec. 8, 11, 12, 14 and 15*. Orders for these prints can be placed at the main outside merch table located in the Hollywood Palladium Parking lot, when the merch stand opens on the aforementioned dates. Orders will be first come, first served and limited to 1 print purchase per customer. Upon purchase, a wristband will be given to each buyer and will be used as proof of purchase to pick up the packaged print. Pick up for the prints will be located at the same merch table located outside the venue starting at 9:30PM, and remain available to pick up until venue closing. All prints ordered must be picked up by the purchaser wearing the wristband, NO EXCEPTIONS.

*Guests attending the first show on Dec 7th will have the ability to pre-order a print that night, to be shipped to your door. Pre-orders can be placed at the designated table in the East Lobby as soon as venue doors open. Limit 1 print per customer.

• korn-1korn-1 Los Angeles, transplanted from Chicago Posts: 914
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    korn-1 said:
    Got there at 7 in LA, line was already halfway around the block, by the time 8am rolled around it was completely around the block. All was going fine till they decided to open up a mobile ticket line off to the side and allowed people from the back of the line rush ahead of those who had been waiting. Luckily i was close enough to the front that i got what i needed but im sure it screwed some others further back. I didnt mind the wait, took my dog with me, eveyone was friendly and he got enough attention to last the year. If they do it in the future i would think it would be wise to send a rep out from the bands camp to make sure things go as planned to avoid the line confusion the venue had.
    We got there around 7:30am....finally got out tickets at 2:30pm.    It was kinda lame that they opened the mobile line, but they eventually shut it down, and the mobile ticket sellers then started cruising the line starting from the front, which was more equitable.
    Agreed but it did say first come first serve, cash or credit. I brought cash therefor even coming from the front the mobile ceewselling tickets to people 20+ people behind me
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • korn-1korn-1 Los Angeles, transplanted from Chicago Posts: 914
    Went to both nights at thr Palladium this past weekend, going again tonight. Will be hunting for an affordable ticket for nights 4, 5, and 6.
    Friday was good, Saturday was amazing. Wonder what we're in store for tonight? Anyone here going? Or have extra tix for the last 3 night?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
    korn-1 said:
    Went to both nights at thr Palladium this past weekend, going again tonight. Will be hunting for an affordable ticket for nights 4, 5, and 6.
    Friday was good, Saturday was amazing. Wonder what we're in store for tonight? Anyone here going? Or have extra tix for the last 3 night?
    I was there this past Friday and Saturday.  Going again on Saturday as long as my hook-up comes through.  The secondary market is a bit pricey right now.  Best option is to check Ticketmaster for releases.
    Gary Numan joined them last night for "Metal".

Tonight is the final show of the tour.....I lucked-out and got tickets.....this will be my 7th show of the tour.  I am hoping for a rocking set!
  • Fixer13Fixer13 Posts: 192
    wow, great recording here for the 12/15 NIN show at the Palladium .  Believe it is IEM...http://ninlive.com/shows/2018/20181215.html
    "How do afford your rock 'n roll lifestyle?"- Cake
    This is a pretty kick ass tune (with the band Health)

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    this is a pretty small venue for them (couple thousand)
    No photo description available

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    seeing them tonight, pretty stoked for it!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    Have fun. I have only seen them once when they toured with Soundgarden. They were amazing!

GlowGirl said:
    Have fun. I have only seen them once when they toured with Soundgarden. They were amazing!

yeah it was real good. I only went to last nights show. They did play the night before at the same venue and not gonna lie, the show I didn't go to looked like it was a better set list. They played more songs and was more evenly distributed set list, But like i said this one was real good though.

Opening band was called 100 Gecs. "Hyper pop" band. They were ok. Only thing I dug about them was the Josh Freese was on drums for them though.

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,833
    Just watching some videos from their recent shows, they still put on an incredible performance, you'd forgive them for letting up at some point, but it's still tight and heavy as hell - I'm seeing them in a few weeks can't fucking wait!
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Just watching some videos from their recent shows, they still put on an incredible performance, you'd forgive them for letting up at some point, but it's still tight and heavy as hell - I'm seeing them in a few weeks can't fucking wait!
    Yea everything I’ve watched looked incredible. Wish is such a MONSTER live. 
  • 1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,825
    edited June 2022
    That unintentional Boston Calling second set - after The Strokes fell victim to Covid - was something else. Two nights of completely different setlists with only a few repeats (the hits at the end). Trent: "We're like the guests who weren't invited in the first place, and now you can't fucking get rid of us."

Trent sounded so good and grateful/happy to be there. It was also a treat to hear him on Sax for God Break Down the Door (such a Bowie/Radiohead mashup that sounded wonderful live)

The second night was even more of a banger - the set and the crowd. This fan vid captured the energy well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--v55_YAWsM
    Post edited by 1STmammal2wearPants on
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden