Options

This is Interesting for all the Wrigley/Scalper haters

13»

Comments

• Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Here is the opinion based on logic:
    Seems to me you haters out their should realize that PJ did a pretty good job at trying to score us tickets and for those that didn't get them they had another 10 MILLION PEOPLE of the Chicagoland area to deal with who wanted a night out at a beautiful venue. When people like my stepdad, who hasn't been to a rock concert since Kiss at the New World in 2000 want to go, A LOT OF PEOPLE WANT TO GO. This place holds 45,000 people roughly for a show, Aldean still has tickets available for face and still 25% are being scalped. Pearl Jam has 4% being scalped. We should be more up in arms that Jason Aldean is playing 2 nights at Fenway the week prior to Wrigley
    You'll need to explain your logic, here.
    Are you saying the following:
    Scalpers have more Jason Aldean tickets for sale than Pearl Jam.
    Therefore, Scalping is okay.
    Because we don't hate Pearl Jam (or Jason Aldean)... we hate scalpers.
    Because, I (personally) hate scalpers because they scoop up tickets for things they don't give a shit about and sell it to fans at huge mark up. I don't care if those are Pearl Jam Fans, Jason Aldean fans or Justin Bieber fans. The same way I hate people who gouge the public in time of distress... like selling D cell batteries for 20 dollars after an earthquake. Both are price gouging... not illegal... just a shitty way to treaat people.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    I wish I was rich. I would have bought as many tickets as possible during the public sale and sold them for face value outside the 10club pickup to 10club members only who got shut out. :D
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,422
    I looked at the listings for a few freshly-sold arena shows on stubhub. On average, there is approx 12% of total tickets available on Stubhub for The Killers, Beyonce, etc.

For PJ, it looks as if Stubhub has approx 3% of total available tickets. Obviously, this is not an exact science.

As much as it sucks that so many people got shut out, it seems as if the scalpers were far less successful compared to other shows.
  • Options
    SD63653SD63653 AZ4LIFE Posts: 66
    so,let me ask something..

if you buy a tix now.the one of 10.000$ ..they charge your card now,right?

and after 5 months,if the tix isnt in the area suppose to be...you get a full refund right?
    or if you agree,they replace the tix with some other area.....right?

That is true for StubHub. Policies probably vary wildly

From their website:

I have my tickets and I'm at the event, but I can't get into the venue.

We have an excellent Trust and Safety team dedicated to preventing problems just like this. If you can't get into the venue because there is something wrong with the tickets, call us immediately at 1.866.STUBHUB (1.866.788.2482). Our Customer Service team will immediately start working on finding you tickets that are as good as, or better than, the ones you bought. If for some reason they're unsuccessful, you will get a full refund, including service and delivery fees.
    so..someone takes my money today...my 10.000 dollars..take advadange of them,the till..16th july that he suppose to give me the ones i paid for....
    and then sorry,dont have the section you asked for,,i have a pair at 208 section...you say no,cos not worth 10.000$ and you get a fully refound...
    and you have book all,hotel,rent car,airtickets,and you buy from other scalper last min,whatever you find,just to be in the venue,right?
    fuckin great deal....to be a scalper...

Stubhub gets the 10k today, scalper gets nothing until they send tickets. Of all the websites, I'd say Stubhub is most legit. I had issues with DMB West Palm tickets last year, super hard ticket to get. They resolved, I was in pit. Stub hub ooooozzzzzzeeees with profit, IMO, a loss here or there, to do right, is peanuts. I try not to use stubhub, but if/when I do, I feel pretty safe about it
  • Options
    EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    I just checked Stub Hub and not many tickets have sold. So right now it's a game of chicken between the sellers and buyers. The sellers have more to lose
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    SD63653 wrote:
    [

Stubhub gets the 10k today, scalper gets nothing until they send tickets. Of all the websites, I'd say Stubhub is most legit. I had issues with DMB West Palm tickets last year, super hard ticket to get. They resolved, I was in pit. Stub hub ooooozzzzzzeeees with profit, IMO, a loss here or there, to do right, is peanuts. I try not to use stubhub, but if/when I do, I feel pretty safe about it
    some good infos here....
    btw..i dont know,seems unsafe to pay now for tix that will find out if all is ok 2 days before the show...
    btw,the tix ticketcom sold at piublic sales,was hard tix or e-tickets?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,187
    DMB just announced their summer tour, 2 shows this same weekend in West Palm Beach...I'm out of here...I know, don't let the door hit me on the way out :D

Final advice...Don't buy from Stubhub until the week before the show...Good Night Everybody!!
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Your dad went to a KISS show in 2000?
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    rvapetervapete Posts: 488
    if he's playing the night before you could just protest your spot.....
  • Options
    Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,747
    edited February 2013
    pjradio wrote:
    Your dad went to a KISS show in 2000?

If was their Farewell tour, actually I believe it was supposed to be their last show ever. Until.....2 years later (somebody had to pay Gene Simmons mortgage)
    Post edited by Foriginal Sin on
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Options
    Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,747
    Cosmo wrote:
    Here is the opinion based on logic:
    Seems to me you haters out their should realize that PJ did a pretty good job at trying to score us tickets and for those that didn't get them they had another 10 MILLION PEOPLE of the Chicagoland area to deal with who wanted a night out at a beautiful venue. When people like my stepdad, who hasn't been to a rock concert since Kiss at the New World in 2000 want to go, A LOT OF PEOPLE WANT TO GO. This place holds 45,000 people roughly for a show, Aldean still has tickets available for face and still 25% are being scalped. Pearl Jam has 4% being scalped. We should be more up in arms that Jason Aldean is playing 2 nights at Fenway the week prior to Wrigley
    You'll need to explain your logic, here.
    Are you saying the following:
    Scalpers have more Jason Aldean tickets for sale than Pearl Jam.
    Therefore, Scalping is okay.
    Because we don't hate Pearl Jam (or Jason Aldean)... we hate scalpers.
    Because, I (personally) hate scalpers because they scoop up tickets for things they don't give a shit about and sell it to fans at huge mark up. I don't care if those are Pearl Jam Fans, Jason Aldean fans or Justin Bieber fans. The same way I hate people who gouge the public in time of distress... like selling D cell batteries for 20 dollars after an earthquake. Both are price gouging... not illegal... just a shitty way to treaat people.

My logic is that everyone was/is bitching, especially on PJ's facebook page (even planning a protest, really?), about scalpers. It doesn't appear that scalpers have that many tickets. Just because 20,000 Pearl Jam 10club members were in the waiting room doesn't mean 400,000 regular/non-scalping people weren't in there as well. I am trying to show that there are only a small (less than 5%) number of tickets on the secondary market. That could change but will it? The argument that people aren't putting them on stubhub till they have them in hand is crazy. When you buy tickets you know exactly where they are and if the only goal of buying said ticket is to sell it for more money than you put it on the market when demand is high. Demand is high when a show sells out in 40 minutes. The scalpers don't have as many tickets as people think. I said it in a post before tickets officially went on sale that a lot of people were going to try to get tickets to this show, non 10 club members, who haven't bought a PJ cd since Vitalogy because of where they are playing. I had about 10 texts and a few phone calls from old "friends" that knew I was still into the band and finally wanted to go to a show, same people I couldn't drag to the United Center in 09 with free tickets. The huge majority of tickets out there won't change hands imo.
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16