Options

Will Dave Abruzzesse Play With Pearl Jam at Rock Induction?

2»

Comments

• Options
    TyTy Posts: 1,007
    Bloody hell, it would be awesome to see Dave K play a Ten song, Dave A play a Vs song, Jack play a No Code or song and Matt play something of a new album! Hope that when it happens, it happens.
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • Options
    rbrum7rbrum7 Posts: 974
    Totally disagree, the whole reason they booted Dave was he wanted to be a rockstar and all the other guys just wanted to play music, who goes shirtless in New York City on New Year's Eve, Dave was more worried about his hair, after the rest of the band cut their hair, he was the only one who didn't, honestly I watch this video and it seems like he is a Tommy Lee wanna-be, the rest of the band is just jamming, plus I think the band is better and can play more songs without him
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE3NR04X30c

Ha, hilarious video. Mike was ultra cheesy back then too with the Stevie Ray Vaughn look. Of course Stone was ahead of the curve already and had cut his hair and also dressing wise moved out of the late 80's. It's always funny when you look back at a decade and for the first couple years of a decade styles and shit still look like the defining styles of the previous decade.

I'm torn on Dave honestly. I think he was a good drummer and I'm into heavier shit, so I digged his style a lot. But I think beyond the who wanted to be a rock star stuff, he didn't fit into the beliefs of the band. Like socially, politically, whatever. For instance, the whole reason Glorified G was written. Obviously the story's in the PJ20 book, but the whole fact he owned guns didn't jive with the rest of the bands more liberal views. Dude was from Texas and shit. Just wasn't a fit. Jack was a NASTY replacement though. No Code and Yield are unbelievable, but so is Vitalogy, so what can I say?
    Cleveland, OH - 8/26/98
    Cleveland, OH - 4/25/03
    Cleveland, OH - 5/20/06
    Cleveland, OH - 5/9/10
    (EV Solo) Detroit, MI - 6/26/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/3/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/4/11
    Chicago, IL - 7/19/13
    Shitsburgh, PA - 10/11/13
    Los Angeles, CA - 11/23/13
    Los Angeles, CA - 11/23/13
    Detroit, MI - 10/16/14
    Lexington, KY - 4/26/16
    Manchester, TN - 6/11/16
    Chicago, IL - 8/18/18
    Chicago, IL - 8/20/18
    (EV Solo) Tempe, AZ - 3/2/19
    Los Angeles, CA - 4/15/20
    Los Angeles, CA - 4/16/20
  • Options
    BryantBryant Posts: 139
    MS20102 wrote:
    History has shown that bands with previous drummer's (and other instrument playing members) who left the band by choice or force have very often been invited back by the band to appear and perform a song or 2 at the induction ceremony. In my opinion it would be a travesty if the band (and Eddie personally) didn't invite Dave to be inducted with them and perform. His time with the band was the defining time that made them legendary along with the universally recognized best work of their career. Inducting Pearl Jam without Dave A. being present (and performing) would be a huge buzzkill to the event and diehard PJ fanbase. Him not being invited to play at PJ20 (a special 20 year anniversary show with lots of special guests) I think was wrong..along with Jack Irons. Thoughts?

This will never happen...canwe please move on
  • Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    rbrum7 wrote:
    Totally disagree, the whole reason they booted Dave was he wanted to be a rockstar and all the other guys just wanted to play music, who goes shirtless in New York City on New Year's Eve, Dave was more worried about his hair, after the rest of the band cut their hair, he was the only one who didn't, honestly I watch this video and it seems like he is a Tommy Lee wanna-be, the rest of the band is just jamming, plus I think the band is better and can play more songs without him
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE3NR04X30c

Ha, hilarious video. Mike was ultra cheesy back then too with the Stevie Ray Vaughn look. Of course Stone was ahead of the curve already and had cut his hair and also dressing wise moved out of the late 80's. It's always funny when you look back at a decade and for the first couple years of a decade styles and shit still look like the defining styles of the previous decade.

I'm torn on Dave honestly. I think he was a good drummer and I'm into heavier shit, so I digged his style a lot. But I think beyond the who wanted to be a rock star stuff, he didn't fit into the beliefs of the band. Like socially, politically, whatever. For instance, the whole reason Glorified G was written. Obviously the story's in the PJ20 book, but the whole fact he owned guns didn't jive with the rest of the bands more liberal views. Dude was from Texas and shit. Just wasn't a fit. Jack was a NASTY replacement though. No Code and Yield are unbelievable, but so is Vitalogy, so what can I say?

I really wonder why Drummers are the first to go. They don't fit. They Don't belong. MAtt is not going any place, I hope. But all are welcome, I'm sure. (except Abruzzesse) Jack and Matt are awesome in the sets.
    IF you need it ,PM me, I will give every article and source I have that proves Abruzzesse is not going anywhere or coming. Personal stories will be withdrawn. :D
  • Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    he should set up outside the venue and perform Angel with Scott Stapp.

HELL YESSS

I'll pay eight dollars

;)