2nd Chicago Show announcement

PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,872
edited February 2013 in The Porch
So when do we think this will happen?

I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT ANOTHER SHOW AT WRIGLEY... I MEAN A 2ND SHOW ELSEWHERE IN CHICAGO

I'm guessing about 45 minutes after I book my flights - so then I can pay some exorbitant fees to switch them

What says you??

I would like to suggest a nice sit down show on Saturday evening at the Ravinia - for the kids ;)
pavilionhdl6108.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    free show in millennium park. for the, er..... kids ;)

millenniumpark300.jpg
  • thread title needs a question mark
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,872
    rival. wrote:
    free show in millennium park. for the, er..... kids ;)

millenniumpark300.jpg

i was thinking of the bigger spots like that but there's too much coordination ... they would have had to start planning it 4 years ago ;)
    thread title needs a question mark

you wouldn't have opened it if it had one

right? :mrgreen:
  • AggAgg Posts: 462

Yep. I got really excited for a second until I read the first post. :(
    2013: Wrigley Field, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2014: Cincinnati
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame Induction
    2018: Krakow, Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Boston 1, Boston 2
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    I think it would have happened already
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    2-3 days after i pm you about
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488
    I don't think it can happen

Jason Aldean/Kelly Clarkson is Saturday night

I believe concerts at Wrigley can only be Friday and Saturday due to neighborhood restrictions
    at wrigley???no..

but....

who knows
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • I don't think it can happen

I believe concerts at Wrigley can only be Friday and Saturday due to neighborhood restrictions

The 2nd show won't be at Wrigley.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

I don't think it can happen

The 2nd show won't be at Wrigley.
  • quit dreaming.... there is not going to be a 2nd show. :nono:
  • Stypo420Stypo420 Posts: 519
    Privious concerts have been held mid week at Wrigley. Elton John & Billy Joel played on a Thursday and a Tuesday in July of 2009.
  • thread title needs a question mark

that's prick behavior
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • pjfan021pjfan021 Posts: 684
    Definitely not going to get a second wrigley show but I'd gladly eat my words. A show at the riviera, Vic, HOB, Aragon, or metro would be possible...
  • ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    Not challenging anyone at all, because I have absolutely no idea, but I am curious as to why another show at Wrigley would be completely out of the question? Assuming that it is ok for Wrigley to host concerts on weeknights, as another poster mentioned about Elton John, why could they not play the Thursday night? Again, to be 100% clear, this is not a challenge to anyone, I am just trying to understand if there is something definitive that would completely rule it out.
  • RatsTJRatsRatsTJRats Boston Posts: 431
    ckravitz wrote:
    Not challenging anyone at all, because I have absolutely no idea, but I am curious as to why another show at Wrigley would be completely out of the question? Assuming that it is ok for Wrigley to host concerts on weeknights, as another poster mentioned about Elton John, why could they not play the Thursday night? Again, to be 100% clear, this is not a challenge to anyone, I am just trying to understand if there is something definitive that would completely rule it out.

As much as 2 show would be cool and help all the 10C get some tickets...I feel like it just wont happen cause of the hype surrounding the one and only show. The whole sentimental thing of one show at wrigley seems to me like something the band would enjoy more.
    This could be the day
  • I would guess if PJ thought it would be possible to add another show, they would not have scheduled Friday's show for the date they did, with someone else playing Wrigley the next day.
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    I'd sell my soul if they did a secret HOB show.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Mamasan23 wrote:

Maybe a benefit again - $1000 a ticket?

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Mamasan23 wrote:

I'd pay it. No joke. I tried to get in on that show and would have paid it too. I'm friggen nuts :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872
    Mamasan23 wrote:

If it was going to be on Thursday the 18th, I wonder if they would let me in for free since it is my birthday? :D I would still make a reasonable donation anyway!

Ha, that would be great but I'm not going to hold my breath.
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • Make it a second show in London. I doubt the Budweiser Gardens is busy in the middle of July.

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

Make it a second show in London. I doubt the Budweiser Gardens is busy in the middle of July.
    bewst idea ever!! and let those at wrigley to wait..!! :lol::lol::lol:
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378

that's prick behavior

So you've met?
  • ckravitz wrote:

its the middle of baseball season! And even though that home team sucks ass and is a joke of a club they need to remove all the flooring from the outfield and let the grass get water and sun before the loser Cubs come back home for games. Also I bet the stage takes 24 hours to set up/break down. Just not practical.

that's prick behavior

So you've met?

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha

classic

and yes I meant a 2nd show somewhere else
    I think it would have happened already

are you new here?? ;)
  • stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    ckravitz wrote:

its the middle of baseball season! And even though that home team sucks ass and is a joke of a club they need to remove all the flooring from the outfield and let the grass get water and sun before the loser Cubs come back home for games. Also I bet the stage takes 24 hours to set up/break down. Just not practical.

Cubs are on a road trip all of the following week
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013