Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,701
    are you really expecting an answer?
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    My guess is South or West Coast, or some form of both
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    My guess is South or West Coast, or some form of both

i think the states will get a tour that trys to accomodate all - perhaps not extensively but hopefully as comprehensively as possible
  • Options
    Post deleted by admin. See the Posting Guidelines.
  • Options
    jesus, was only saying if anyone had that kind of info then it would already be here.....

no offence meant, and certainly wasnt intended.

Its probably unlikely the dates are even concrete yet - but like the last announcement said 'more soon on a fall tour' or whatever it was....I would think they would be scheduling that as we type....trying to get the venues on hold until they can confirm the whole tour then push the button.

Dont forget last year Mike told someone in person that there would be a show in California......the only show they got was at the oracle....so sometimes the speculating etc can really disappoint
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Hug it out you two. 8-)
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    west coast this year?

West coast of Lake Michigan for sure.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,804
    west coast this year?

It's ALWAY'S gonna be the West Coast of Nova Scotia for sure. :|
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    what chatter?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    81 wrote:
    what chatter?
    That's what I was wondering.

So far I've heard: 2nd show at Wrigley on the 18th, show at Fenway and Yankee stadium, and now a west coast tour....
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    StoneyCreekerStoneyCreeker Stoney Creek, Ontario Posts: 89
    demetrios wrote:
    west coast this year?

:lol::lol::lol: and sadly so true promised my daughter who's out in Halifax at university if they come .... I will fly out and take her so let's keep our fingers crossed!!!
    2000 - 10/05 Toronto, ACC
    2006 - 05/10 Toronto, ACC
    2011 - 09/12 Toronto, ACC
    2013 - 07/16 London, Budweiser Gardens, 10/12 Buffalo, First Niagara Centre
    2015 - 09/15 Hamilton, Copps Coliseum 
    2016 - 05/08 Ottawa, Cdn Tire Centre, 05/10 Toronto, ACC

• Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    Where has this chatter been coming from? If there are no east coast dates I'll go into a deep depression...
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    Where has this chatter been coming from? If there are no east coast dates I'll go into a deep depression...
    There would probably be riots.... So I'll just stay home, watch them on the news, and look forward to the Vancouver and Seattle shows. ;)

(Actually, I'm scared they're going to skip Vancouver this year... :( )
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    There would probably be riots.... So I'll just stay home, watch them on the news, and look forward to the Vancouver and Seattle shows. ;)

(Actually, I'm scared they're going to skip Vancouver this year... :( )

I think we would all just love a proper U.S. tour like in 06, with an album dropping late summer/early fall...

Even if they don't do a huge tour, I hope they at least cover east and west coast dates.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    A few large shows at baseball stadiums covering the major regions makes the most sense, with the band being conscious of their carbon footprint, using venues that hold more fans so they can travel less is a no-brainer, plus I am sure the Stadium owners wouldn't mind the business during the off season.

Out west I am guessing AT&T Park, PETCO Park and SAFECO Field would be likely choices.
    http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/song/1783688
    "Come take my hand, and let yourself rely.
    Don't hold your breath, don't close your eyes.
    I've learned to breath and I've learned to fly.
    I've learned to see and I know I'm going higher."
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    A few large shows at baseball stadiums covering the major regions makes the most sense, with the band being conscious of their carbon footprint, using venues that hold more fans so they can travel less is a no-brainer, plus I am sure the Stadium owners wouldn't mind the business during the off season.

Out west I am guessing AT&T Park, PETCO Park and SAFECO Field would be likely choices.

I'm not sure PJ would sell enough tickets in places like AT&T or Petco. Usually those places only bust out the stages for acts like Rolling Stones or Madonna. That said, I hope it happens.

My ideal scenario:
    San Diego/SDSU
    Irvine (2 Shows)
    LA
    Santa Barbara Bowl

Santa Barbara Bowl was made for PJ. I will never forget their last show there. Only thing that's a bummer is the curfew.
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

Most tour buses run on diesel correct? I would think, since it is fairly inexpensive to convert a diesel engine to accept bio-diesel fuel, PJ could do that, and then they could travel the country.

IMHO I don't think it's all that 'eco-friendly' to have thousands of people driving to the airport, taking planes and flying to a single city destination, renting a car, getting hotel rooms, driving to that venue and back, then driving back to the airport, taking a plane back home etc versus them driving from city to city where people just drive their car to a venue and back home again.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    stickfig13 wrote:

I'm not sure PJ would sell enough tickets in places like AT&T or Petco. Usually those places only bust out the stages for acts like Rolling Stones or Madonna. That said, I hope it happens.

My ideal scenario:
    San Diego/SDSU
    Irvine (2 Shows)
    LA
    Santa Barbara Bowl

Santa Barbara Bowl was made for PJ. I will never forget their last show there. Only thing that's a bummer is the curfew.

AT&T Park is about the same capacity as Wrigley, Petco is only a little more than those. Safeco is the biggest of those at about 47,000 but being a home town show it could work.
  • Options
    Wow, I sure HOPE PJ wouldn't decide to just do huge arena shows... From everything I know of PJ, it would shock me if they did that. Not sure why anyone even suggested it... Wrigley has an obvious meaning behind it. It's not like they're playing it just because it's a huge.
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    stickfig13 wrote:

My ideal scenario:
    San Diego/SDSU
    Irvine (2 Shows)
    LA
    Santa Barbara Bowl

AT&T Park is about the same capacity as Wrigley, Petco is only a little more than those. Safeco is the biggest of those at about 47,000 but being a home town show it could work.

I think my point was that those places aren't used as venues very much. They wouldn't come close to selling enough tickets in those places. Obviously the GM of the Cubs is a huge fan so that's probably why they are playing there.
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,896
    Play MN Pearl Jam!! Oh wait wrong thread... But seriously I'd like to see a show at home soon :)
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | **2024-05-16 Las Vegas** | **2024-05-18 Las Vegas** |
  • Options
    stickfig13 wrote:
    I think my point was that those places aren't used as venues very much. They wouldn't come close to selling enough tickets in those places. Obviously the GM of the Cubs is a huge fan so that's probably why they are playing there.

Roger Waters played AT&T last year with an estimated attendance of 30,000. Capacity is just under 42,000. I'm not saying they have to sell out each place, if anything it would be nice to have a roomy venue. They also usually close off sections in these places for concerts so that would chop down the concert capacity some.
    What does everyone think the average Pearl Jam concert attendance is?
    The newer smaller ballparks seem to just eclipse the capacity of large amphitheaters with lawns. They are also more intimate than what I would call an arena show. Just thoughts.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,804
    demetrios wrote:

:lol::lol::lol: and sadly so true promised my daughter who's out in Halifax at university if they come .... I will fly out and take her so let's keep our fingers crossed!!!

*fingers crossed

:)