Options

Wrigley Pre-Party at The Full Shilling Friday July 19th

Comments

• Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    rival. wrote:

glad everyone had an awesome time and looking forward to the next meet up. hopefully no where near wrigleyville! :lol:

:lol::lol:

Great to see you and Kelly! :wave:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    jbarbianjbarbian Posts: 991
    Thank you Shannon for putting this together! So much fun meeting everyone!
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    jbarbian wrote:
    Thank you Shannon for putting this together! So much fun meeting everyone!
    So great meeting you doll....we need to get together soon!!! :)

Dan....you're on with the pierogis!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    kw18 wrote:
    rival. wrote:

glad everyone had an awesome time and looking forward to the next meet up. hopefully no where near wrigleyville! :lol:

:lol::lol:

Great to see you and Kelly! :wave:

great seeing you and ashley as well. very happy things are going awesome for you two!

hope you had safe travels back to PA!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,840
    81 wrote:
    Can you add me to the roster.....thanks....

And damn it poeple, let.me get a beer first

And stop pointing at me....while laughing

i know let the man get a beer first jeez Louise. Also sorry for pointing and laughing at you ;)

Thanks Shannon. It was great to finally meet about half the people on here. Where are the pics????
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Thanks to all, we had a blast :D I cannot wait for next time, you lovely bunch, you :wave:

Kudos to Shanoon for organizing this! Huggies, Puppe (that's German for doll ;) )
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    That was quite a preparty.

I can say that, having walked through the door promptly at noon.

8-)
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508

8-)

Well when I showed up at 7:15 where were you then?? I was looking forward to the worlds best hug!!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,840
    Did Speedy ever come back with his "wife" :?:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    i am not sure.

i talked to him about 3:30 or so. he was drinking a sharps. he said he was only allowing himself one alcoholic beverage before he was to go pick her up at 4:30.

i was honored that that drink was a jagerbomb with ME of all people...

a bit later he said he was gonna go smoke a cig and he would be needing another jagerbomb when he came back in.

i reciprocated, and got one for him and cav and a few others as well. i didn't see him again until the next afternoon haha...

the man is a legend..
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,513
    i am not sure.

i talked to him about 3:30 or so. he was drinking a sharps. he said he was only allowing himself one alcoholic beverage before he was to go pick her up at 4:30.

i was honored that that drink was a jagerbomb with ME of all people...

a bit later he said he was gonna go smoke a cig and he would be needing another jagerbomb when he came back in.

i reciprocated, and got one for him and cav and a few others as well. i didn't see him again until the next afternoon haha...

the man is a legend..
    That reminds me - I am really sorry we didn't hook up after the show to do jagerbombs together as promised! The greatest regret from the delay for me was the loss of afternparties!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    That reminds me - I am really sorry we didn't hook up after the show to do jagerbombs together as promised! The greatest regret from the delay for me was the loss of afternparties!
    yeah the loss of the afterparties was pretty bad. i think in my drunken state i tried to get a cab for what was at least 90 minutes. finally we hopped on one of those bike rikshaw things, and the dude pedaled us like a mile and said he was not going any further. we had to walk around and find a cab to get back to where we were staying. our phones were dead so we could not call one. i remember being drunk, pissed off, and incredibly thirsty because there were not bottles of water available when we got outside the stadium. after we walked a long way we realized we walked the wrong way. i was so frustrated that i kicked a concrete wall and then laid down in the road and told my friend bill "man i'm DONE. leave me here to die, because nothing will ever top this night." lol i was ready to give up.

it is a good thing he didn't let me, because i would have missed Speedy's party, which ended up being one of the best nights of my life.

we are gonna have to do those jagerbombs on the next tour :corn:
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Thanks to all, we had a blast :D I cannot wait for next time, you lovely bunch, you :wave:

Kudos to Shanoon for organizing this! Huggies, Puppe (that's German for doll ;) )
    :wave:

I would have to agree that the loss of the Friday post-parties really bummed me out. But...luckily I got to spend Saturday with some of the best people. When speedy tells you to go somewhere, you do it darn it!

I'm gonna get all the cameras from the party this week hopefully...gonna be fun to see what comes out of those!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options

8-)

Well when I showed up at 7:15 where were you then?? I was looking forward to the worlds best hug!!

Your hugs ain't half bad either, buddy.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    kw18 wrote:

8-)

Thanks dude... You get special ones from me because we've bonded in a "special" way! :lol:
  • Options
    kw18 wrote:

Thanks dude... You get special ones from me because we've bonded in a "special" way! :lol:

:lol: Fitting in a tight spot together will do that to people. :lol:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    kw18 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

:lol: Fitting in a tight spot together will do that to people. :lol:

Thought we decided never to speak of this publicly?
  • Options

Thought we decided never to speak of this publicly?

I really wish you'd stop being embarrassed of what we shared. It was magical, and the world needs to know.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    pjscreamerpjscreamer Posts: 593
    Da Kid was there for about an hour or so glad to see Mary Beth was able to see Speddy breifly outside..Da kid was given #FHP stickers to wear on his FDNY shirt so he did also glad was able to see FDNY Joe see ya'll in da Kids backyard in Brklyn in Oct baby
    Let's Go Yanks!
    96)Randalls Island I,II
    98)NJ,MSG I,II
    00) Virginia Beach Jones Beach I,II,III Saratoga Springs Seattle I
    03)Nassau Camden I MSG I,II NJ
    04)Boston I,II Reading
    05)Montreal Ottawa Toronto Borgata I,II Philly
    06) Irving plaza Albany Hartford Camden I,II NJ I,II LA I,II Gorge I,II
    07)Lolla
    08)Roo Camden I,II MSG I,II Hartford Beacon
    09)Chicago I,II Philly II,III,IV
    10)Hartford Newark MSG I,II
    11)PJ20 I,II
    13)Wrigley Brooklyn I,II Hartford
    14)Moline,milwaukee
    15)Central Park
    16)MSG I,II
    17)Wrigley I,II
    18)Wrigley I,II
    22)MSG,Camden
  • Options
    pjscreamer wrote:
    Da Kid was there for about an hour or so glad to see Mary Beth was able to see Speddy breifly outside..Da kid was given #FHP stickers to wear on his FDNY shirt so he did also glad was able to see FDNY Joe see ya'll in da Kids backyard in Brklyn in Oct baby
    Jimmy????
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    pjscreamer wrote:

The pleasure was all mine. So glad we had a chance to say hey.
    Such a happy weekend in every respect.

:P

We shall see about Brooklyn, the Saturday show IS on my birthday, after all.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    pjscreamerpjscreamer Posts: 593
    Well Oct 11 is Da Kids bday sure PJ playing Pitt but can't make it got plans already but will postpone it to Brklyn and celebrate Da Kids bday seeing PJ wit his friends.
    Let's Go Yanks!
    96)Randalls Island I,II
    98)NJ,MSG I,II
    00) Virginia Beach Jones Beach I,II,III Saratoga Springs Seattle I
    03)Nassau Camden I MSG I,II NJ
    04)Boston I,II Reading
    05)Montreal Ottawa Toronto Borgata I,II Philly
    06) Irving plaza Albany Hartford Camden I,II NJ I,II LA I,II Gorge I,II
    07)Lolla
    08)Roo Camden I,II MSG I,II Hartford Beacon
    09)Chicago I,II Philly II,III,IV
    10)Hartford Newark MSG I,II
    11)PJ20 I,II
    13)Wrigley Brooklyn I,II Hartford
    14)Moline,milwaukee
    15)Central Park
    16)MSG I,II
    17)Wrigley I,II
    18)Wrigley I,II
    22)MSG,Camden
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    pjscreamer wrote:

Always good to see you too Jimbo ;) . So did you like the way I was able to evacuate the Wrigley crowd on the floor with a little assistance with security. I told them in all good consciousness as a fireman I couldn't leave the floor until everyone was out safely. It's the least I could do :lol: .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    Kind of bumbed I didnt get to meet anyone I was hoping to but did meet a couple cool people. Pretty much got locked onto one table the whole time. Had a good time either way. Maybe next time.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    Kind of bumbed I didnt get to meet anyone I was hoping to but did meet a couple cool people. Pretty much got locked onto one table the whole time. Had a good time either way. Maybe next time.
    awwwwww wish I would've seen you there!!!
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    jbarbian wrote:
    awwwwww wish I would've seen you there!!!

confirmed straight. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    confirmed straight. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options

Bummer...I was totally hoping to meet you!! It got packed and sweaty in there towards the end :(
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,791
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    yeah the loss of the afterparties was pretty bad. i think in my drunken state i tried to get a cab for what was at least 90 minutes. finally we hopped on one of those bike rikshaw things, and the dude pedaled us like a mile and said he was not going any further. we had to walk around and find a cab to get back to where we were staying. our phones were dead so we could not call one. i remember being drunk, pissed off, and incredibly thirsty because there were not bottles of water available when we got outside the stadium. after we walked a long way we realized we walked the wrong way. i was so frustrated that i kicked a concrete wall and then laid down in the road and told my friend bill "man i'm DONE. leave me here to die, because nothing will ever top this night." lol i was ready to give up.

it is a good thing he didn't let me, because i would have missed Speedy's party, which ended up being one of the best nights of my life.

we are gonna have to do those jagerbombs on the next tour :corn:
    Awesome.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    w8scmaw8scma Berlin Posts: 49
    Hey, we made it back to Berlin!
    Thanks again mamasan for organizing this fun event!!! It was great to meet everyone (again). Sorry, 81, that we've missed you.

Special greetings to the group of four who offered us seats and let us sit at their table and drink their beer... We had such a great time with you four from Miami and Orlando, ... ????. We'll get the DVD and keep looking for you as promised. Hope to see you again sometime!!!

We are already counting our money to get ready for the next Pearl Jam Vacation!

See you all soon!
    Prague 2000. Berlin 2006. Berlin 2007. Berlin 2009. Berlin 2010. Philadelphia 2012. Chicago 2013 (Wrigley). Milan 2014. Trieste 2014. Berlin 2014. New York 2016 (MSG). Berlin 2017 (Eddie Vedder Solo). Padova 2018. Rome 2018. Berlin 2018. Berlin 2019 (Eddie Vedder Solo).