Options

Pearl Jam Poster Display Question

satchoroyalesatchoroyale Posts: 79
edited October 2013 in The Porch
I'm sure alot of you have quite an impressive collection of screen printed concert posters
from throughout the years.

I've had a few of my favorites professionally matted and framed and they are hanging
in my house where I consider them to be beautiful and precious works of art.

I also have quite a few more that, primarily for cost considerations, haven't gotten the chance
to give this treatment to and am trying to find the best way to allow myself to enjoy these
without having them stored in their rolled up condition.

Does anyone utilize Portfolio Presentation Cases that can be found at places like Dick Blick
that allow you to store and display 25 or so works of 18" x 24" size for their concert posters?
They are essentially just huge binders with clear protective pages in them.
I am thinking that this might be a nice way to be able to have the posters more readily available
to enjoy as the works of art that they are and also have them be stored in a flat condition as well.

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated from the panel.

Thanks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Presentation Portfolios are a GREAT way to store your unframed posters!!
    I have the 24" x 36" size & I love it!!
    Bought mine online from Jerry's Artarama.
    They'll send you great savings codes if you sign up for their mailing list.
    You should check out the "Framed Poster" thread too...lots of nice shots of 10 Clubbers framed artwork.
    I think you'd enjoy it!!
    We'd love to see your framed artwork if you wanna post some pictures!!
    :ugeek:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    CreedFeedCreedFeed West Allis, WI Posts: 37
    derbydave wrote:

Which one do you specifically have? I see they have a few different brands. I'm also interested in getting a portfolio to store unframed posters and prints.
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine" 9/4/2011 Alpine Valley, WI -PJ20-
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    I am finally able to get a poster book thingy....where do I get one and how much are they? And do they hold most sizes of posters?
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    CreedFeed wrote:
    derbydave wrote:

Which one do you specifically have? I see they have a few different brands. I'm also interested in getting a portfolio to store unframed posters and prints.

I use this one: http://www.jerrysartarama.com/discount- ... -cases.htm

It's nice, because you can add more pages to it. It's also great quality.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Travelar wrote:
    CreedFeed wrote:
    derbydave wrote:

I use this one: http://www.jerrysartarama.com/discount- ... -cases.htm

It's nice, because you can add more pages to it. It's also great quality.
    That's the one I have...
    I need to order some more sleeves for all my EV Solo show posters from this last tour!!
    :ugeek:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    I recently bought the Itoya art profolio from amazon for around 30 dollars. I am not rich, but wanted to store my unframed posters flat. It's available in different sizes, but I went with the 18x24, it holds the normal sized posters pretty good. It has room for 48 posters. It is like a book with clear plastic sleeves inside. I'm very happy with it :)
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I also have the presentation case from jerry's-I waited and was finally able to get the case for like $120. I have seen the sheets go as low as around $35-$37 for a pack of 5.

Didn't think I would need the 24x36, but I'm glad I bought it, some artists will do bigger posters (like the PJ20 Klausen) so I'mm glad I can properly store it now.

Need more sleeves now...waiting for a sale/coupon.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Is there any concern/issue with storing 18x24 posters in the 24x36 portfolio? I have a bunch of 18x24 posters and two 24x36 ones. Is it recommended to store posters in the correct size sheets and not larger sheets?

BTW, use coupon code MISSYOU25 (25% Off Orders $99 or more Plus Free Shipping) at Jerry's!! Post any other codes that may be better if you have them... :)
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine" 9/4/2011 Alpine Valley, WI -PJ20-
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    I also have the deSign Presentation Case from Jerrys
    roughly 26 x 38
    I went for the larger size to accomdate
    the odd sized larger prints ( such as the Borgata prints )

Zi6_1603.jpg
    Zi6_1609.jpg
    Zi6_1612.jpg

space saving, safe and durable.
    whatever you decide to do, I surely hope you are not storing your prints rolled up in the tubes.
    this may cause damage in the long term to your screen prints.
    best of luck
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    CreedFeed wrote:
    Is there any concern/issue with storing 18x24 posters in the 24x36 portfolio? I have a bunch of 18x24 posters and two 24x36 ones. Is it recommended to store posters in the correct size sheets and not larger sheets?

BTW, use coupon code MISSYOU25 (25% Off Orders $99 or more Plus Free Shipping) at Jerry's!! Post any other codes that may be better if you have them... :)

I have all my posters in the same case, no issues...I just wouldn't mix different sized sleeve protectors in the same case.

and thanks for the discount coupon! going over there to see how much damage i can do...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    You guys are awesome. Thanks for all of the suggestions and the info.
    I did go with the 24 x 36 size case from Jerry's in order to accommodate some of the posters
    that are larger than the 18 x 24 size.

And thanks a ton for the promo code that saved me 25% off the order total and got free shipping too.
    Saved a real nice chunk of change there.

Definitely time to get all of my posters out of those tubes where they can be properly enjoyed.

Thanks again to everyone who replied to my initial question.
  • Options
    I just bought the 24x36 portfolio as well with the promo code :) Thanks for all the info on the portfolios!
  • Options
    Code RWB20 for 20% regular priced merch + FREE shipping on orders over $99. Sale ends in 3 days.

just bought 3 packs of poster refill pages.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    I have the 24 x 36 case as well as the Itoya 18 x 24... Hate to waste the expensive space in the large binder, those pages get expensive...
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II
  • Options
    Ed134Ed134 Posts: 54
    The majority of my posters are 18x24, would I better off getting the 24x36 or does the 18x24 fit pretty good?
  • Options
    tater926tater926 Posts: 263
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Code RWB20 for 20% regular priced merch + FREE shipping on orders over $99. Sale ends in 3 days.

just bought 3 packs of poster refill pages.

Thank you for this! I just bought myself the 24×36.
    United Center-Jun 29 1998 Alpine Valley-Oct 8 2000
    Assembly Hall-Apr 23 2003 Alpine Valley-Jun 21 2003
    Grant Park-Aug 5 2007 United Center-Aug 23 2009
    United Center-Aug 24 2009 Alpine Valley-Sep 3 2011
    Alpine Valley-Sep 4 2011 Wrigley Field-Jul 19 2013
  • Options
    Thanks for the code. Just got the 24x36 case and a pack of refills. Can finally look at some of these prints again until I can afford to do them justice with framing. Just out of curiosity, I know many folks here (myself included), mostly have flat files and these presentation books, but does anyone display their prints in print racks? Splurged and ordered one of those as well, like the idea of presenting them this way but would welcome feedback on how successful it might be...
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Good thread, stupid question(s), can a monkey load the posters into the polypropylene pages or is it easy to damage the prints while sliding them in? Also, how long can you keep the prints in the pages before they get damaged?
  • Options
    KL119975KL119975 Charleston, WV Posts: 125

I recently bought the Itoya art profolio from amazon for around 30 dollars. I am not rich, but wanted to store my unframed posters flat. It's available in different sizes, but I went with the 18x24, it holds the normal sized posters pretty good. It has room for 48 posters. It is like a book with clear plastic sleeves inside. I'm very happy with it :)

Can't find it on AMazon anymore.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    KL119975 said:

Can't find it on AMazon anymore.
    This might be a mobile link but here you go http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00009R8XD/ref=pd_aw_sbs_421_of_13?ie=UTF8&refRID=0WK941VB47S5WQNZF3NT

And thanks for bumping this I've just got one for myself.
    Anyone know of a similarly affordable option for 24x36? I've got one 24x36 and one 12x36 that I don't plan on framing anytime soon, but I can't spend $150 on a portfolio.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    bjmjplbjmjpl Posts: 134
    NICE!!!