An Evening with Pearl Jam!!! :)

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
edited January 2013 in The Porch
This is gonna be awesome!!!! :D

*crossing fingers :angel:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• guitar101guitar101 Sutton, ON Posts: 397
    so awesome. i wonder if this means we'll see a different "format". opening acoustic set? Springsteenian length epic sets?
    2005-9-12 London, ON
    2006-5-09 Toronto
    2007-8-03 (ed w/ ben harper) chicago / 2007-8-05 chicago
    2008-8-12 (ed solo) toronto
    2009-10-08 (ed solo) Albany
    2011-9-11 Toronto / 2011-9-12 Toronto
    2013-7-16 London, ON / 2013-7-19 Chicago / 2013-10-12 Buffalo
    2016-5-11 Toronto, On / 2016-5-13 Toronto, On
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Not sure for their Chicago show but the London show, maybe a q & a. When I heard "An Evening with Pearl Jam", I said right away .. "An Evening with Kevin Smith" like. Cause I loved those shows.

But I doubt THAT would happen.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    it means nothing but a pj show
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    it means nothing but a pj show

That's good. That's pretty much all I want to see. Pearl Jam BABY!!! 8-)
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    i'll take anything i get... cmon lottery!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    I read something about an early curfew(10:30), so it may just be a pretty standard PJ set.
  • CreedFeedCreedFeed West Allis, WI Posts: 37
    For the Chicago/Wrigley show you have to realize Wrigley is in the center of a residential area so there is an early curfew.
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine" 9/4/2011 Alpine Valley, WI -PJ20-
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,170
    Question...you can only enter once for each particular show? For example I can't submit 5x for Chicago correct?
    DewieCox wrote:
    I read something about an early curfew(10:30), so it may just be a pretty standard PJ set.

10:30pm? What the deuce? :shock:
    Maybe they will start @ 6pm? :P
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    guitar101 wrote:
    so awesome. i wonder if this means we'll see a different "format". opening acoustic set? Springsteenian length epic sets?

It depends. I'm not sure if its me or not, but I've always thought (for the most part) that Pearl Jam (like atheletes) build up more stamina as a tour progresses. Quite often the the setlists at the end of a tour are longer and more interesting than the beginning of the tour (then you get exceptions like gorge 05).

So maybe? Try not to get your hopes up? I remember the Gorge '06 shows, everyone was expecting acoustic opening sets because they billed at as "An Evening With Pearl Jam" just like they had in '06. They never did do acoustic sets in '06, and the setlists themselves barely clocked in past two hours. I've often wondered if that was intentional, or if the fact that it was bloody hot out during those shows compromised pearl jam's original plans.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    shadowcast wrote:
    Question...you can only enter once for each particular show? For example I can't submit 5x for Chicago correct?

I think you can enter once for each ticket level.
  • it means nothing but a pj show
    This guy is a genius
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• shepshep Houston Posts: 5,644
    CreedFeed wrote:
    For the Chicago/Wrigley show you have to realize Wrigley is in the center of a residential area so there is an early curfew.

very valid point.

I wouldn't go expecting anything past 10:30 at the latest, given that you also have to factor in transporting 40k people out of a residential area.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    shep wrote:
    CreedFeed wrote:

very valid point.

I wouldn't go expecting anything past 10:30 at the latest, given that you also have to factor in transporting 40k people out of a residential area.

leaving will be a shit show. best to kill a few hours at a bar after to free up mass transit. :think: :thumbup:
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,292
    shep wrote:
    CreedFeed wrote:

very valid point.

Other Wrigley shows have gone until close to midnight. Not worried about an early curfew.
  • estarr31estarr31 Posts: 566
    PJ-Cubs wrote:
    shep wrote:
    CreedFeed wrote:

very valid point.

Other Wrigley shows have gone until close to midnight. Not worried about an early curfew.

You're probably right. But considering this is a baseball stadium which deals with night games that run to 10pm and sometimes later depending on the game, it might be flexible. They don't just turn off the lights at 11pm if a game is in extra innings. This could be different for concerts, I'm sure.
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    estarr31 wrote:

very valid point.

You're probably right. But considering this is a baseball stadium which deals with night games that run to 10pm and sometimes later depending on the game, it might be flexible. They don't just turn off the lights at 11pm if a game is in extra innings. This could be different for concerts, I'm sure.

Not familiar with the curfew laws there but it might be a little more flexible in that it's a weekend. However, the Cubs are limited in the number of night games they can play and from what I understand, typically play day games on Fridays. They did when I visited a few seasons ago.

Love that it's just Pearl Jam by themselves.