Options

Why split a bill on an album tour?

diamondjellydiamondjelly Posts: 25
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Yeah, Im a bit off with the whole split bill idea. Im going to the Denver show, and not happy about the 400 bucks for both nights I spent to see half a PJ show. Call me ungrateful, Call me a bad fan, call me Shirley. Im not happy and the boys better blow my eyebrows off my face in the 18 songs they are playing.
Quack Quack Brian
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    BAM5555BAM5555 Posts: 9
    i hear ya man
    totally took me by suprise
    BAM
    <

Groundwork '01
    Fargo '03
    St.Paul '03
    Winnipeg '05
    St.Paul '06 x2
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    I will be very happy after the Denver show.

Why?

Because all of the people bitching about short shows will have seen a great PJ set and will have had a chance to see Petty rock out.

Plus, then we can get back to bitching about no shows in the South.

:D
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    bmarsh10bmarsh10 Posts: 168
    real good Shirley,
  • Options
    i had the opportunity to get some really great seats at summerfest, but couldn't part with the $110+ to only see an 1 1/2 hour greastest hits show. i love all of their music, but i saw them twice in chicago so i'm good.
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    lighten up, frances.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    i had the opportunity to get some really great seats at summerfest, but couldn't part with the $110+ to only see an 1 1/2 hour greastest hits show. i love all of their music, but i saw them twice in chicago so i'm good.

have you checked the summerfest setlists? Hardly a greatest hits show.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    Yeah, Im a bit off with the whole split bill idea. Im going to the Denver show, and not happy about the 400 bucks for both nights I spent to see half a PJ show. Call me ungrateful, Call me a bad fan, call me Shirley. Im not happy and the boys better blow my eyebrows off my face in the 18 songs they are playing.
    Quack Quack Brian

Why did you buy tickets then? You had to know you weren't getting a 2 1/2 hour show.

To answer your original question ... it's pretty obvious they relish the chance to share the stage with Petty on his purported farewell tour. They might not get another chance. If that doesn't interest you, fine. but why buy tickets and then bitch about it?

weird.

EDIT: Also, when is 17 songs half a show? I've never been to a 34-song show. Most of them log in at 23 songs or so. So you missed basically what amounts to an encore. big whoop.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Why did you buy tickets then? You had to know you weren't getting a 2 1/2 hour show.

To answer your original question ... it's pretty obvious they relish the chance to share the stage with Petty on his purported farewell tour. They might not get another chance. If that doesn't interest you, fine. but why buy tickets and then bitch about it?

weird.

EDIT: Also, when is 17 songs half a show? I've never been to a 34-song show. Most of them log in at 23 songs or so. So you missed basically what amounts to an encore. big whoop.

Now we have all heard the farwell tour thing before...I believe Ozzy is on his 12th farwell tour this summer.

What better way to sell over priced tickets...say it's your farwell tour.

And yes I said over priced. I would pay a hundred bucks a ticket to see Pearl Jam. But if they came on first I would not enjoy Petty as much as normal cause I would want PJ to come back on.
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    have you checked the summerfest setlists? Hardly a greatest hits show.

They kicked Cinci's ass.