Options

Obama's new gun control laws...

ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
edited January 2013 in A Moving Train
I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    finally..a president that has balls...and use common sense
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

Except, Reid aknowledged the final legislation will most likely only include background checks and magazine limits.

This is a President that never misses a good opportunity at PR. I'm not saying he's not right. But, don't mistake a telepromptered speech with balls.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    $500 Million
  • Options

Except, Reid aknowledged the final legislation will most likely only include background checks and magazine limits.

This is a President that never misses a good opportunity at PR. I'm not saying he's not right. But, don't mistake a telepromptered speech with balls.
    at least this president will try to do something..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086

He doesn't have balls. He, like everyone else, waited until dozens of little kids got shot and killed in their classrooms to do anything about it.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

Yes. But, again - instead of simply introducing what can and will be done, he goes to the podium and urges his minions to bow. It's tiresome. Please, just get it done. I don't need to hear from you again.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

so i go in for a physical........adn the doc goes....are you a firearm owner. :fp: :fp: :fp:

well....alrighty then. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    81 wrote:
    Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

so i go in for a physical........adn the doc goes....are you a firearm owner. :fp: :fp: :fp:

:lol: was it before or after you were asked to turn your head and cough? And was she hot?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    81 wrote:

I loved this part, too. Basically,he's now trying to be a judge.
  • Options

Yes. But, again - instead of simply introducing what can and will be done, he goes to the podium and urges his minions to bow. It's tiresome. Please, just get it done. I don't need to hear from you again.
    there is no "but"
    this president try to do something after mass shooting..
    he tries for a change..
    Bravo....if one less death per year is the result of this,is something..
    i dont care if he is republican,democrat,black,white,gay,straight,crazy,logic,what he did yesterday,what he will eat tomorrow...
    he try to do something...
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:

:lol: was it before or after you were asked to turn your head and cough? And was she hot?

is that a gun in your pants or are you happy to see me....well sir....i don't like dudes touching my junk, so i'ts not a i'm happy to see you moment :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    What are we cutting to make up for the $500 Million?
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    know1 wrote:

Hopefully mass killings. How much is that worth to you? ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    know1 wrote:

Hopefully mass killings. How much is that worth to you? ;)
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
  • Options
    know1 wrote:
    i hope some "wars" out of usa!!
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684

That's a great start. Hell, it makes no sense to not have background checks for guns purchased at gun shows and it's a shame that it's taken this long!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options

He doesn't have balls. He, like everyone else, waited until dozens of little kids got shot and killed in their classrooms to do anything about it.
    seems,that even that,to act after little kids got shot needs balls to do it..
    suppose to do it as normal reactions!!
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    know1 wrote:
    i hope some "wars" out of usa!!

Agreed. No more war
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:

That's a great start. Hell, it makes no sense to not have background checks for guns purchased at gun shows and it's a shame that it's taken this long!

Yep. But, we didn't need a task force or yet another speech from the President Teleprompter to tell us that. He should have just gone to Congress and said - hey, this is what we need if, as someone stated he had so much balls and common sense.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    No way in hell this thing passes congress. The 10 round limit will be the failure. He should have broken it up into separate proposals.

I could see background checks, mental checks and armor piercing bullet getting banned.

Maybe on the assault weapons.

But no way on the ten round limit. Hundreds of millions of current clips would be illegal.
  • Options
    know1 wrote:

you didn't read the article did you?

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    Obama haters will never be happy with anythin he does/doesn't do until hi's gone from the white house ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    come on,something need to be done,,i dont get how all cant see that..
    as Dan said,its a start
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    This from Yahoo! News:

Administration officials who previewed Obama's proposals on a conference call with reporters fleshed out some important details (on condition that they not be named)—and left some important questions unanswered:

- They wouldn’t say whether any of the steps the president is recommending would have prevented the massacre at Sandy Hook and other recent mass shootings. One senior official on the call did say, "There’s no question that both the actions that he’s taking and the legislation that he’s proposing will save lives.”

- They did not provide an estimate of how many lives would be saved annually if the president got everything he wanted, saying the social science on gun deaths is not precise enough to do so.

- Obama isn’t sending “specific legislative language” to Congress, the officials said, instead he's following his usual blueprint of laying out principles and then letting lawmakers craft a bill.

- The proposals to limit the manufacture of new assault weapons and ammunition clips with more than 10 bullets would not affect those already on the market.

- How did they settle on 10 bullets (and not seven, or 15)? One official said that number was taken from the 1994 assault weapons ban that Obama hopes to renew and strengthen.

- Was the so-called "Fast and Furious" gun trafficking scandal a factor in shaping the president's proposals? "It was not," said one official.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-unveils-sweeping-plan-battle-gun-violence-165956859--politics.html
  • Options
    Obama haters will never be happy with anythin he does/doesn't do until hi's gone from the white house ...
    yeah..its really crazy people dont agree with a change need to be done only cos Obama suggest it or try to make it..
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878

Best President since Clinton. We will miss him when he is gone.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    as Dan said,its a start

Don't get me wrong, I like it. I'm just not going to give people credit for it when they failed to do anything for so long.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878
    as Dan said,its a start

It is a start. And in the end this is really all the President can do. Congress needs to pass laws, he can only sign or veto them. Because regardless of all the rhetoric to the contrary, this country does not have a king.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    yeah..its really crazy people dont agree with a change need to be done only cos Obama suggest it or try to make it..

Who are you talking about here? Another lazy post. First people are racist if they disagree with the president, now if you disagree you are an Obama hater, or even if you agree but think that he had 4 years prior where he did nothing takes away his ability to be the knight in shining armor, now you are an Obama hater.

In reality, it;s the fallen children, the fallen school teachers, and the ones left behind affected the most by the recent tragedy that should get all the credit for helping Americans come to their senses. Well, at least some Americans. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

Who are you talking about here? Another lazy post. First people are racist if they disagree with the president, now if you disagree you are an Obama hater, or even if you agree but think that he had 4 years prior where he did nothing takes away his ability to be the knight in shining armor, now you are an Obama hater.

In reality, it;s the fallen children, the fallen school teachers, and the ones left behind affected the most by the recent tragedy that should get all the credit for helping Americans come to their senses. Well, at least some Americans. ;)
    sure im not talking about you.....there are the usual suspects here im talking about..
    i explain the rasist part btw..