Options

Do You?

DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Once or twice a week this catholic group comes into the dealership and tries to sell customers and other employees baked goods. They sell cookies, cake, cheesecakes and the money goes to charity. It's a great cause in my opinion but also at the same time they are soliciting our customers in our place of business. I've had to boot them out numerous times. I mean I even got into an argument with one of them that it's no different than if I sent some salespeople to their church during mass and started handing out brochures and business cards. Does anyone else here get these groups showing up to their workplace?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Sometimes people try to sell stuff at my store.

Of course they have to leave
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    just building sponsored shit. we see jewelry, baked goods, costco, schools in the lobby trying to sell shit.

in the office, it's mostly girl scout cookies, plus the community committee that is always trying to make you feel bad at quarterly meetings. i'm so tempted to get up and leave when they start talking :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Don't boot them out - tell them to make "special" baked goods and watch your sales goes up as customers mood swings change from hesistant and undecided to happy to part with their money.
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    DS1119 wrote:
    Once or twice a week this catholic group comes into the dealership and tries to sell customers and other employees baked goods. They sell cookies, cake, cheesecakes and the money goes to charity. It's a great cause in my opinion but also at the same time they are soliciting our customers in our place of business. I've had to boot them out numerous times. I mean I even got into an argument with one of them that it's no different than if I sent some salespeople to their church during mass and started handing out brochures and business cards. Does anyone else here get these groups showing up to their workplace?

I'd have to agree with you. There are a million other ways they could sell their baked goods, i.e. have a bake sale at a specific location or something... I'm always skeptical that simply raising money is their only angle. I feel they're out recruiting too, and it can be disruptive to business.

This is why i've grown to apprciate all the Jewish folks here in Fla, they dont push anything on people and they stay to themselves in regards tot their religion.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I've had somewhat similar things happen in the past, but I don't remember them ever doing it without first asking permission. Maybe work out some deal with them where they just set up a table in the showroom or something (assuming you guys don't mind, or have your own concessions) so they're not going around hassling people. That way if somebody does want something, they can go to them, and not have them wandering around your lot soliciting their baked goods to everybody. Or just boot them out, enforce no soliciting. I've been to dealerships to have my car worked on before, and it would have been nice to have something other than the shitty vending machine they had. I couldn't GO anywhere.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    These people will walk into the store and go office to office carrying these boxes of goods. I've found them in the showroom, the parts department, the back offices where paperwork is processed...they're like cockroaches. The bad part, for me is I'm catholic so I hate being a dick to them. I know what they're trying to do its just very frustrating because I can't have it. If I let one group come in I have to let everyone in to do the same and I can't have that.
  • Options
    No I'm not that lucky. I wish I had people coming to where I work bringing in food and shit.
    Nothing like a bunch of hot donuts
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    DS1119 wrote:
    These people will walk into the store and go office to office carrying these boxes of goods. I've found them in the showroom, the parts department, the back offices where paperwork is processed...they're like cockroaches. The bad part, for me is I'm catholic so I hate being a dick to them. I know what they're trying to do its just very frustrating because I can't have it. If I let one group come in I have to let everyone in to do the same and I can't have that.

Well, just because you're Catholic doesn't mean you can't be stern with them. Maybe one day Jesus will open a dealership they can chill at, but you can't have strangers running all over your building doing what they damn well please. Just because they're working for charity doesn't give them license to do whatever they want, just ask Lance.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I've had people come to my door during the day. I tell them to send Prince and then we can talk.
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:
    I've had people come to my door during the day. I tell them to send Prince and then we can talk.

As in prince the symbol prince?
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    DS1119 wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:

Yeah he's a Jehovah
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:

Yeah he's a Jehovah

Did not know that.
This discussion has been closed.