Try washing your hands people. :fp:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    DS1119 wrote:
    "Get your flu shots".

I've NEVER gotten a flu shot nor will I ever. Can't remember the last time I had the flu. No bullshit, keep your hands clean!
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    I always feel like crap for like two weeks after I get a flu shot. So I skipped it last year and again this year.
  • Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    What is this "washing your hands" of which you speak? :think: :? :lol:
    I just ask that you stay home if you have the flu. Please do not sit across from me sneezing and hacking up a lung all over me. Thanks :wave:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I've gotten a flu shot for the past 7 years. No flu. I also wash my hands religiously. Still, no flu. My point, get our flu shot and clean yourself.
  • Options
    never got the flu shot until I had babies in the house. it's just being a responsible parent.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    I have to say PJ shows are a cess pool for the flu and other plague like illnesses :lol: I got the swine flu after the spectrum shows and strep after the EV shows. Kindly keep your germs to yourselves from now on :D

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,920
    Never gotten a flu shot and caught the flu exactly once in 37 years. I'll be taking my chances again this year.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    There is no reason at all for healthy people over the age of 5 and under the age of 65 to get a flu shot. What a fucking scam. I'm very disappointed by the medical community. They should be standing up and fighting the pharm companies on this. But as usual, they let them control our healthcare system instead, and fuel fear.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    I have to say PJ shows are a cess pool for the flu and other plague like illnesses :lol: I got the swine flu after the spectrum shows and strep after the EV shows. Kindly keep your germs to yourselves from now on :D

Got the swine flu at the California shows in 09, got home and got better for 2 weeks. Went to the last show at the Spectrum and came home with the shit again.

So in short i agree. PJ fans are some diseased mofo's. :?
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    Oh yeah, I also have never bought into the whole flu shot thing.

I'd rather not be injected with anything if at all possible.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    the wolf wrote:

Got the swine flu at the California shows in 09, got home and got better for 2 weeks. Went to the last show at the Spectrum and came home with the shit again.

:lol::lol::lol:

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    the wolf wrote:

I think it might be that where normal people would stay home and skip a rock concert if they were super sick, PJ fans will just go to the show anyway, even if they're at death's door.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719
    When I started learning what some of the ingredients of flu shots are- including formaldehyde, thimerosal (which contains mercury). detergents, antibiotics, polysorbate-80- I said, "I'm not putting that shit in my body!"
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    aha! I knew there was a reason NOT to get this shot! Of course, I'm willy-nilly about needles.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    the wolf wrote:

I think it might be that where normal people would stay home and skip a rock concert if they were super sick, PJ fans will just go to the show anyway, even if they're at death's door.
    I think you're right...and in this case it is totally acceptable.

My mom is over 65 and started getting flu shots, but got a really weird reaction to them. Her whole body was itching :? She's not allergic to eggs, so she shouldn't be allergic, but with all that other shit in them, no wonder it happened :shock:

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    There is no reason at all for healthy people over the age of 5 and under the age of 65 to get a flu shot. What a fucking scam. I'm very disappointed by the medical community. They should be standing up and fighting the pharm companies on this. But as usual, they let them control our healthcare system instead, and fuel fear.

Amen brotha that's for sure!
  • Options
    OK, so while washing your hands won't really protect you from flu, I never get the flu shot because I'd much rather allow my body to fight the virus itself.

Exceptions would be killer flus like that one floating around last year but I didn't get the shot for that one, either.
  • Options
    brianlux wrote:
    When I started learning what some of the ingredients of flu shots are- including formaldehyde, thimerosal (which contains mercury). detergents, antibiotics, polysorbate-80- I said, "I'm not putting that shit in my body!"

And it's only 62% effective (they think, which means probably less). So, 50/50 a healthy person gets sick for a week, 50/50 they end up with birth defects :shock: :lol: (I exaggerate, but who knows?)

Flu shots for young, healthy people that don't work with "at risk" people is beyond stupid.

This is one time I'm glad my kids have food allergies. Vaccine's made with eggs. Not even a possibility. :D
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited January 2013
    the 62% effectiveness claim is arrived at by reported data, not scientific clinical research.
    when scientific clinical research proves that the effectiveness is around 2%, then you only report the 62% "data" gathered and say without the vaccine the flu would have been much worse (which of course cannot he proven). ("gullible and naive")
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    badbrains wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    "Get your flu shots".

I've NEVER gotten a flu shot nor will I ever. Can't remember the last time I had the flu. No bullshit, keep your hands clean!

never had the flu
    or a flu shot
    fuck yes wash your hands
    and keep them out of your eyes
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    I had the flu and then got a mega-cold. Sick for 10 days. :sick:

My sister had been bugging me to get a flu shot for the last 2 months. Wish I would have listened.

On the positive side, I'm minus ten pounds to kick off my weight loss resolution for 2013.
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    More people are getting the flu shot than ever, yet the next report on the evening news is that this is one of the worst flu outbreaks in years.

What does that tell you? It tells me 2 things.

1. The flu shots are ineffective.
    2. The media is working hard for the pharmaceutical companies to sell flu shots.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    know1 wrote:
    More people are getting the flu shot than ever, yet the next report on the evening news is that this is one of the worst flu outbreaks in years.

What does that tell you? It tells me 2 things.

1. The flu shots are ineffective.
    2. The media is working hard for the pharmaceutical companies to sell flu shots.

More people are getting the flu shot BECAUSE the flu is hitting so hard (and early).
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
This discussion has been closed.