Options

Don't panic people the polar bear will thrive in the heat

ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
edited January 2013 in A Moving Train
http://nation.foxnews.com/climate-chang ... olar-bears

unreal. I've got nothing to say about this.
I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Only the poor old fox will perish.

Next story from them will be that humans have nothing to worry about the oceans rising as we once came from the ocean will will adapt and be able to live in the ocean in a few generations due to the belief system of eveloution.

So this global warming thing will just bring the human species full circle.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• Options

No, no no. It's not global warming. It's climate change. We'd appreciate you getting that right. It leaves our options much further open.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    So scientists from Sweden release their opinions....and Fox reports on those opinions....and you all blame FOX for it? Oh ok!
    Theres no time like the present

A man that stands for nothing....will fall for anything!

All people need to do more on every level!
  • Options
    MotoDCMotoDC Posts: 947
    So scientists from Sweden release their opinions....and Fox reports on those opinions....and you all blame FOX for it? Oh ok!
    Not only that, but to read the full article, you have to go its intermediary source...smithsonian.com. Those damned right-wing museum curators!

Frankly I'm not sure I'm comfortable using this article as some sort of defense of the status quo in terms of our interaction with the environment, but it is pretty comical to watch folks on AMT lick their progressive chops over a supposed foxnews embarassment.
  • Options
    One person posts a story, two people comment on it and [name-calling removed by Admin. See the Posting Guidelines. ] take it to the Foxnews route. Wow! Can't comment on the story? ;)

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

No, no no. It's not global warming. It's climate change. We'd appreciate you getting that right. It leaves our options much further open.

it is global warming ... climate change is a symptom of global warming ...

it's unfortunate that this still has to be explained in this day and age ...

as for how this relates to fox ... it's the fact this supposed "news outlet" continues to serve a corporate agenda that aims to make people confused on the issue ... is it any wonder that the people here that still don't understand global warming are fox viewers and supporters?
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    Zoso wrote:

Nothing?
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    It's evolution baby.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Zoso wrote:

Just the title makes me sick. I shouldn't be surprised that Fox writes such false headlines...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:

it is global warming ... climate change is a symptom of global warming ...

And next decade it will also be global cooling like it was in the 80s!!! Can't wait.

Don't think everyone is dumber than you. It's Al Gore syndrom.

Maybe, we get it better than you do. ;)
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    And next decade it will also be global cooling like it was in the 80s!!! Can't wait.

oh dear ... right out of the exxon playbook ... can you be more predictable? ... you should be embarrassed using that line ... but it's obvious you don't understand global warming so it's really not surprising ...
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    Will they still be able to drink Coca Cola and amuse us?
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:

oh dear ... right out of the exxon playbook ... can you be more predictable? ... you should be embarrassed using that line ... but it's obvious you don't understand global warming so it's really not surprising ...

:lol: Yep. Embarassed. That's me. Talk to you in 20 years.
  • Options
    there's people that still think climate change isn't real?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    edited January 2013
    yeah they are called "republicans".

or "conservative", when conservation is no part of their platform.
    Post edited by gimmesometruth27 on
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    it's a good thing that guns don't emit greenhouse gases. a new amendment would be passed that would not allow for further legislation or restrictions on carbon.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    yeah they are called republicans.

:lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    yeah they are called "republicans".

or "conservative", when conservation is no part of their platform.

same people who think climate change is BS think the holocaust was made up... stupid.

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538

Well if it was on FoxNews then you its for real

:fp:
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,675
    sad-unhappy-sick-green-face-1_zps026c14a8.jpg
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Zoso wrote:
    same people who think climate change is BS think the holocaust was made up... stupid.
    :lol: Good god, man, talking about just making shit up...
  • Options
    MotoDC wrote:
    Zoso wrote:

Not believing in either is about on par in my book if you look at the evidence of both

• Options
    Zoso wrote:
    MotoDC wrote:
    Zoso wrote:

Not believing in either is about on par in my book if you look at the evidence of both
    Not what you originally said at all, but thanks for the clarification.

I don't deny climate change, don't know many people that do.

However if you think the body of evidence supporting the notion of human-caused climate change is equal to the body of evidence supporting the occurrence of the holocaust, I don't know what to tell you.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    MotoDC wrote:

However if you think the body of evidence supporting the notion of human-caused climate change is equal to the body of evidence supporting the occurrence of the holocaust, I don't know what to tell you.
    Thanks for pointing that out...two completely different issues, and respective evidence.

And of course climate change occurs - it's part of life, has been, will be.
  • Options
    Zoso wrote:

Wow. That's all i have to say. Clarification and all. Just wow.
  • Options
    MotoDC wrote:
    Zoso wrote:
    Zoso wrote:

Not what you originally said at all, but thanks for the clarification.

climate-graphic-530_zps10d4dd02.jpg
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options

• Options
    brianlux wrote:

climate-graphic-530_zps10d4dd02.jpg

Amazing!!! The actual graphic above was taken from an early printing of: The Earth is Flat

That book is now out of print. How'd you get the graphic? Do you have the book in your store? ;)
  • Options
    “Telltale signs are everywhere —from the unexpected persistence and thickness of pack ice in the waters around Iceland to the southward migration of a warmth-loving creature like the armadillo from the Midwest. Since the 1940s the mean global temperature has dropped about 2.7° F.” — Climatologist George J. Kukla of Columbia University 1975