Options

Artists that inspire you

tkbelle1980tkbelle1980 Posts: 43
edited February 2013 in The Art Wall
Picasso, been admirer of his work and been studying it since age 7. (That's what happens when your dad is an artist)... Story to share here...saw Picasso at the Tate Modern by accident, went there to see Hans Hoblein and bumped into a Picasso exhibit instead..... Singularly one of the most awe struck moments of my entire life.

I love his abstract views and what he attempted to communicate.. I could stare At his work for hours.

Rembrandt.. Amazing

Hans Hoblein, I love period art... That and his depictions of Henry the Eight although completely fictitious, are real works... (Not to mention they are of a complete bastard... Sorry had to put that in) ( i Am a Bit of a history buff.. Can you tell)... )...

I am interested to hear what yours are so I can check them out... I want to expand my mind.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Edward Louis Severson the 3rd.
  • Options
    AGREED!
  • Options
    AGREED!

Lets not foget Stone Gossard & Jeff Ament, Mike McCready, Matt Cameron and Boom Gasper.... They ALL are amazing writers and inspire me almost daily!
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    Jules Verne
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Charles M. Schultz
  • Options
    Woody Allen
    Tom Waits
    Bob Marley
    Johnny Cash
    Stephen King
    Charles Bukowski
    Mark Lanegan
    Daniel Quinn
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Gonna check out your faves and share my thoughts!
  • Options
    Nikos Kazantzakis
  • Options

+1 :lol:

But I am also fascinated by the work of George Seurat. His pointillist style astounds me. To think that he could create beautiful huge paintings using only dots of paint. I have a print of this one hanging over my fireplace.
    A-Sunday-Afternoon-On-The-Island-Of-La-Grande-Jatte.jpg
    On my bucket list: Going to Chicago to see the real painting, all 7 x 10 feet of it.

And say, when the band decides to tour again, maybe I can plan a two-fer. :lol:
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    edited January 2013

Mr. Jeffery Ament.
    So Creative.

Jim Henson
    Genius

H. R. Giger
    Post edited by STAYSEA on
  • Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814

But I am also fascinated by the work of George Seurat. His pointillist style astounds me. To think that he could create beautiful huge paintings using only dots of paint. I have a print of this one hanging over my fireplace.
    On my bucket list: Going to Chicago to see the real painting, all 7 x 10 feet of it.

Better than Lichtenstein?
    In Questions about Seurat...
  • Options
    Zacharias Papantoniou
  • Options

So it is possible that I may have a clairvoyant streak that I didn't know about. I posted this 6 days before the Stay Tuned tweet came out. After which the band announced they decided to play a couple of shows. And I won tickets in the lottery. And a friend agreed to go with me. So I am going to Chicago to see this painting. Two-fer for the bucket list! :o:D
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes