Interesting signage in Delaware

ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
edited January 2013 in A Moving Train
Racist sign threatening Spanish speakers removed from playground in Delaware

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/07/r ... -delaware/

A racist sign at a playground in Milford, Delaware that threatened to arrest Spanish-speaking people has been removed after it went viral on the Internet.

The sign, which was called out by conservative radio host Dan Gaffney in a Facebook post on Saturday, told English speakers that “parental of guardian supervision is required for the use of this playground equipment.”

But Gaffney suspected that a second message in Spanish was designed to keep “certain ethnic” people from using the playground.

“Ustedes debe tener un permiso para jugar en este campo. Violadores seran susceptibiles a accion policial,” the sign read in Spanish, which means: “You must have a permit to play in this field. Violators will be subject to police action.”

Milford School District Superintendent Dr. Phyllis Kohel told Delaware Online that she immediately took action to remove the sign on Sunday afternoon.

“I didn’t want to wait,” she explained. “I certainly assume there was not an intent to discriminate… We have a great working relationship with all of the communities at the school, and there is absolutely an understanding that no ethnic group will be discriminated upon.”

Wilmington Councilwoman Maria Cabrera called for an investigation into how the signs could have been up for a year.

“Some of us want to stay under the radar and not make waves,” she remarked to The News Journal. “It shouldn’t happen again, so I think the superintendent should conduct a full investigation to find out how and why this happened.”

At 16 percent, Milford has nearly twice the concentration of Hispanic residents as the rest of Delaware.

Raw Story (http://s.tt/1y43p)
I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08