Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,845
    looks like the Eagles will have 10 home games this year :lol:
    http://www.phillyvoice.com/fox-seeks-actors-be-los-angeles-rams-fans-eagles-game/

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,770
    ...welp, I'm walking over to the Walt Whitman to jump. Anybody joining me?
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
    ...welp, I'm walking over to the Walt Whitman to jump. Anybody joining me?
    Yup, early report is NOT looking good:

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1438671

Report: Eagles fear Wentz suffered torn ACL

by Esten McLaren 13m ago
    Kevork Djansezian / Getty Images Sport / Getty

The Philadelphia Eagles are concerned quarterback Carson Wentz suffered a torn ACL in Sunday's game against the Los Angeles Rams, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Wentz left in the second half of the tightly contested Week 14 game. Backup Nick Foles replaced him under center to finish the game.

He remained on the field following the play that likely caused the injury and walked to the locker room under his own power. Video showed Wentz struggling to find stability in his left knee.

Wentz's day finished with 23 completions on 41 attempts for 291 yards, four touchdowns, and just one interception.

His total of 33 passing touchdowns on the season set a new single-season franchise record.

• Options
    very tough/costly win.  Although I think Foles can get the job done.  He's a solid backup QB
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    it's so fucking great being a Philadelphia fan.  It was fun while it lasted.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Not sure what to say other than the D finally stepped up on those last 2 drives. Have to get home field now.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    poop
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,770
    edited December 2017
    JK_Livin said:
    Not sure what to say other than the D finally stepped up on those last 2 drives. Have to get home field now.
    Struggle to go 2-1 over these three games and you have home field throughout; this is what you got Ajayi for - pound him, Blount, and Clement non-stop. Actually might help this atrocious left side of the line if they're running the ball. That and the defense.

Denver finally won when Peyton's arm fell off because of their ridiculous D. So that's the expectation - that the D plays that high of a level and carry games.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Options
    ^
    Ajayi needs to get more of Blount's touches on a regular basis. Can't be just a one game thing. I like him and even Clement better than Blount at this point. Blount should be more of the short yardage back moving forward.

Who knows, if the d steps up and we mash it out on the ground maybe we can Hostetler our way to Minnesota with Nick Montana back under center
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    I wanted your season to end miserably on the field, not in an MRI machine. 
  • Options
    I wanted your season to end miserably on the field, not in an MRI machine. 
    that made me laugh. I needed that.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Official.

My condolences.  That sucks.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,312
    Sorry for you guys. But you still have a good team. A decent qb will still help
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Never let anyone tell there's a more tortured sports city than Philadelphia.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,122
    Sorry for Eagles fans and Wentz... not only a great QB, a solid guy.

Football is a muthafucka

he was the MVP IMO
  • Options
    The Eagles also hit my bank account this morning for a playoff ticket payment. That was another kick in the balls.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    only twice in my life have i honestly thought this late in the season that the Eagles were the best team in football: 2004 and this year.  2004 TO goes out until the Super Bowl and now Carson this year.  It fucking sucks.  This was the year. I was convinced of it. now...fuck 
  • Options

I want them sign Kaepernick not only because he's the best option available to back up Foles......but also to see the president lose what's left of mind.

Do it Howie.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I want them sign Kaepernick not only because he's the best option available to back up Foles......but also to see the president lose what's left of mind.

Do it Howie.

How do we know he's even in football shape? Is a team even allowed to sign someone that's suing the league?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Do it Howie.

How do we know he's even in football shape? Is a team even allowed to sign someone that's suing the league?

Excellent questions. Ones for which I have no answers....but one's I believe Howie Roseman should be looking into
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Do it Howie.

Excellent questions. Ones for which I have no answers....but one's I believe Howie Roseman should be looking into
    Agree. I'm not saying they shouldn't.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The Eagles signing Kapernick would be just about the most glorious thing ever.  The minds of so many folks from South Philly to Delco would be spinning in circles figuring if they prefer outward racism or a super bowl more.
  • Options
    The Eagles signing Kapernick would be just about the most glorious thing ever.  The minds of so many folks from South Philly to Delco would be spinning in circles figuring if they prefer outward racism or a super bowl more.

Would be awesome.

Rapoport reporting they don't have interest though. Also says his lawyers will drop the lawsuit should a team sign him.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Would be awesome.

Rapoport reporting they don't have interest though. Also says his lawyers will drop the lawsuit should a team sign him.

How about Tebow?  He played in the preseason for us a year or two ago.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

Would be awesome.

How about Tebow?  He played in the preseason for us a year or two ago.

haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Just brutal.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,450

cleveland.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

cleveland.

Who is on their basketball team again? He's taken them to how many finals and won one a couple years ago right?

Yeah....Fuck Cleveland. We've got them beat.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,450
    Wobbie said:

cleveland.

Who is on their basketball team again? He's taken them to how many finals and won one a couple years ago right?

Yeah....Fuck Cleveland. We've got them beat.

J.R. Smith?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    I know they don't mean much but why would we drop so dramatically in the power rankings without losing a game? Fuck 'em.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer