******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited May 2017
    The Fixer said:
    Eagles decline 5th year option for Marcus Smith. He'll probably be gone after this year Between him, Agholor, and the 26 year old fireman over the last 6 years, let's all hope and pray that Joe Douglas was really the one calling the shots this weekend...
    says the guy who 'loved' the agholor pick (even though the fixer told him it sucked).  amazing
    A lot of people like the Agholot pick. Hell, you actually purchased a Kevin Kolb jersey. You still wear it , don't you?

haha
    The Fixer said:
    Eagles decline 5th year option for Marcus Smith. He'll probably be gone after this year Between him, Agholor, and the 26 year old fireman over the last 6 years, let's all hope and pray that Joe Douglas was really the one calling the shots this weekend...
    says the guy who 'loved' the agholor pick (even though the fixer told him it sucked).  amazing
    A lot of people like the Agholot pick. Hell, you actually purchased a Kevin Kolb jersey. You still wear it , don't you?

haha
    for the record I never had a kolb jersey.  I loved kolb because I hated mike vick.  I would have taken koy detmer's corpse over vick.  Kolb was better than vick.  

Fixer's Eagle Jersey History (all green - never understood why anyone would buy a white jersey)

McNabb
    Celek (throwback from the season where they wore the kelly green w white numbers without any outline).  I think it was 2008ish.  Best throwbacks and I still wear my Celek jersey with pride.  My favorite Eagles jersey
    Dawkins
    McCoy
    Wentz

That's it.  I get these things off a Chinese website that my bookie uses.  It costs $40 to get the best knockoff jersey you can get.  Stitched numbers/letters and they fit way better than the real jerseys that cost $200+.  My Dawk jersey is a real one - I think I've worn it twice.  The thing is huge.  

The Celek throwback is the best.  Hopefully I will be able to wear the Wentz for the next decade plus.  Just happy to have a Republican QB for a change.  First time since Jaws (hoying, mcmahon, detmer, ryan, brister, kolb, etc don't count)
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    ^

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    AO1, bro.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Think they'll sign Jeremy Maclin?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    edited June 2017

Football Outsiders ranked the '91 Birds defense best of last 30 years.

The '08 team came in at 22. RIP JJ

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2017/6/20/15838370/eagles-league-best-defense-past-30-years-nfl-philadelphia-football-outsiders-espn-insider-1991

1. 1991 Philadelphia Eagles: -42.4 percent

Looking at raw points scored and allowed can sometimes disguise the true strength of a defense because of problems on the other side of the ball. No team in modern NFL history exemplifies this quite like the 1991 Eagles. After Randall Cunningham tore an ACL 15 minutes into the first game of the season, the Eagles' offense collapsed. The defense spent the season constantly defending short fields. So while the Eagles gave up just 3.92 yards per play, the third-best figure since the move to a 16-game season in 1978, they finished fifth overall in points allowed in 1991.

Opposing quarterbacks completed just 44.1 percent of passes, the lowest rate for any defense since 1978. They led the NFL with 55 sacks and 43 forced fumbles. They finished third with 26 interceptions. And the defense wasn't one-dimensional: The Eagles allowed just 2.97 yards per carry on the ground, which ranks fifth since 1978. They put up these obscene numbers in standard stats despite playing the fourth-toughest defensive schedule in the league. Their division rivals finished first (Washington), fourth (Dallas) and sixth (New York) in offensive DVOA.

This was the late Buddy Ryan's defense, but without Ryan. He had been fired as head coach at the end of 1990. Rich Kotite was the head coach and Bud Carson the defensive coordinator. Three of the four defensive linemen were selected as first-team All-Pros: Reggie White, Jerome Brown and Clyde Simmons. Linebacker Seth Joyner and cornerback Eric Allen joined them in the Pro Bowl.

Unlike the 2000 Ravens and the 2002 Bucs, the 1991 Eagles didn't get to build a legend with a dominating Super Bowl victory. The team couldn't get enough out of Jeff Kemp, Brad Goebel and a 32-year-old Jim McMahon to even make it to the playoffs. Nonetheless, the 1991 Eagles were the best defense of the past 30 years.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

Football Outsiders ranked the '91 Birds defense best of last 30 years.

The '08 team came in at 22. RIP JJ

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2017/6/20/15838370/eagles-league-best-defense-past-30-years-nfl-philadelphia-football-outsiders-espn-insider-1991

1. 1991 Philadelphia Eagles: -42.4 percent

Looking at raw points scored and allowed can sometimes disguise the true strength of a defense because of problems on the other side of the ball. No team in modern NFL history exemplifies this quite like the 1991 Eagles. After Randall Cunningham tore an ACL 15 minutes into the first game of the season, the Eagles' offense collapsed. The defense spent the season constantly defending short fields. So while the Eagles gave up just 3.92 yards per play, the third-best figure since the move to a 16-game season in 1978, they finished fifth overall in points allowed in 1991.

Opposing quarterbacks completed just 44.1 percent of passes, the lowest rate for any defense since 1978. They led the NFL with 55 sacks and 43 forced fumbles. They finished third with 26 interceptions. And the defense wasn't one-dimensional: The Eagles allowed just 2.97 yards per carry on the ground, which ranks fifth since 1978. They put up these obscene numbers in standard stats despite playing the fourth-toughest defensive schedule in the league. Their division rivals finished first (Washington), fourth (Dallas) and sixth (New York) in offensive DVOA.

This was the late Buddy Ryan's defense, but without Ryan. He had been fired as head coach at the end of 1990. Rich Kotite was the head coach and Bud Carson the defensive coordinator. Three of the four defensive linemen were selected as first-team All-Pros: Reggie White, Jerome Brown and Clyde Simmons. Linebacker Seth Joyner and cornerback Eric Allen joined them in the Pro Bowl.

Unlike the 2000 Ravens and the 2002 Bucs, the 1991 Eagles didn't get to build a legend with a dominating Super Bowl victory. The team couldn't get enough out of Jeff Kemp, Brad Goebel and a 32-year-old Jim McMahon to even make it to the playoffs. Nonetheless, the 1991 Eagles were the best defense of the past 30 years.

10-6 and no playoffs. Still remember a play v. TB that year. B&E recovered a fumble inside TB's 20yd line and was hot-dogging it walking into the endzone and someone knocked it out of his hand for a touchback. That play would've won the game and they would've made the playoffs.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    and now Hicks breaks his hand on his honeymoon.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    and now Hicks breaks his hand on his honeymoon.
    :lol: saw this pop up on my newsfeed.   hopefully it isn't serious
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    It's back.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    first pre-season game and Juggler hasn't told us that it's important yet?  :rock_on:

I say it every year but i really don't get NFL coaches playing their important players in the pre-season. No reason Wentz, Peters, Johnson, Jeffrey, and Cox should take a snap tonight.  Hell I wouldn't play any of them at all in the pre-season but that's just me.
    pjhawks said:
    first pre-season game and Juggler hasn't told us that it's important yet?  :rock_on:

I say it every year but i really don't get NFL coaches playing their important players in the pre-season. No reason Wentz, Peters, Johnson, Jeffrey, and Cox should take a snap tonight.  Hell I wouldn't play any of them at all in the pre-season but that's just me.
    The reason you lose so many arguments on here is because you never seem to understand the opposing point of view. 

I'm more excited for Hoskin's debut tonight actually. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited August 2017
    pjhawks said:

The reason you lose so many arguments on here is because you never seem to understand the opposing point of view. 

I'm more excited for Hoskin's debut tonight actually. 
    you are assuming i lose arguments

Post edited by pjhawks on
    Was it me or did GB blitz on every play?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
    ehbacon said:
    are you trying to say any of those were egregious?
    So now we don't have a 2nd or a 3rd round pick next year. Darby better be exceptional. 

Sure wish Howie didn't give Eric Rowe away for nothing last year...

chinese-happy.jpg
    So now we don't have a 2nd or a 3rd round pick next year. Darby better be exceptional. 

Sure wish Howie didn't give Eric Rowe away for nothing last year...

hopefully they sure as hell can use him. 
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Ahhh, man, been away for a few weeks...looks like this came out on Friday, always look forward to the Birds one...

Haha - "It’s like someone took the worst parts of JJ Watt and made a QB out of it. Meanwhile, Wentz’s game log from last season read like someone charted declining literacy rates in Bridesburg. He was the Second Coming for three games and then proceeded to suck. If he were black, people would have said they finally got tape on him. But because he’s white and hunts, he’ll get another 15 years to prove himself. Bible-humping jackass."

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2017-philadelphia-eagles-1797746673
    I know it's a pipe dream but I'd love to see this team keep clement and smallwood -- and cut Pumphrey and/or Blount.  Other than Pumphrey I loved their draft.

Defense should be nasty -- I think the offense will struggle.  I think we are looking at an 8-8 season -- will contend for a wild card spot until the last couple of games when guys like Blount, Algohlor, and Jeffrey inevitably let them down.
    Here's a good article explaining some of the many reasons why the NFL sucks.  The on-field product has gotten worse every year since Goodell took over.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/8/17/16162478/football-catch-rule-evolution-confusion
    Jump on the Darby bandwagon now?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Jump on the Darby bandwagon now?
    Showing he has better hands than Matthews.  Haha.  I like that trade a lot.

I wish Darby was a few inches taller (and not quite as aggressive). He had good coverage on that first deep ball...jumped a little early but even if he timed it right, I don't think he wouldn't have been able to make the play. Lot of big receivers in this league...

At least he's not as short as Mark McMillian. He was like 5'7

chinese-happy.jpg

I wish Darby was a few inches taller (and not quite as aggressive). He had good coverage on that first deep ball...jumped a little early but even if he timed it right, I don't think he wouldn't have been able to make the play. Lot of big receivers in this league...

yea sucks he got beat deep in such an important game.

i saw two series and in both Wentz got knocked down. tell me again why it makes any sense to play your starting QB (and other stars) in the pre-season games?  the risk is FAR greater than the reward.  
    pjhawks said:

i saw two series and in both Wentz got knocked down. tell me again why it makes any sense to play your starting QB (and other stars) in the pre-season games?  the risk is FAR greater than the reward.  

Such an important game. Great point.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:

Such an important game. Great point.
    yea you'd have to be a stone cold idiot to argue pre-season games are important...oh wait sorry i forgot for a moment that was you who did that. :lol:

HOT TAKE FRIDAY!

For rational reasoning of why teams do what they do in training camp and preseason, please refer to...

the last time you brought this up last year

or the time you brought it up in 2016

or the time you brought it up in 2015

or the time you brought it up in 2014

or the time you brought it up in 2013

or the time you brought it up in 2012

or the time you brought it up in 2011

or the time you brought it up in 2010

or the time you brought it up in 2009

or the time you brought it up in 2008

or the time you brought it up in 2007

or the time you brought it up in 2006

yada.yada.yada.verbal.diahrrea.

chinese-happy.jpg

HOT TAKE FRIDAY!

For rational reasoning of why teams do what they do in training camp and preseason, please refer to...

if you never want me to bring it up again all you have to do is admit what an absurd premise it was when you said pre-season games were important. of course i don't see you doing that so...
    pjhawks said:

HOT TAKE FRIDAY!

if you never want me to bring it up again all you have to do is admit what an absurd premise it was when you said pre-season games were important. of course i don't see you doing that so...
    As mentioned before, the reason you lose so many arguments is because you fail to grasp the other person's point of view. Sadly, after 10 years, you still don't. 

Use these threads. There is a plethora of information you can use to educate yourself with. 

Best of luck!
    chinese-happy.jpg