******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171

Sure let's go back to it. I said "yup Brady and moves like this."

Blame cheating all you want but the Pats are just smarter than the rest of the league. Different cast of characters every few years and they do nothing but win.

And betting on the Pats in the 2nd halves of games they are losing is money in the bank. No one makes adjustments like Bill Belichick. Loaded up at halftime last night. God bless America.

having the greatest QB of all time will make a coach look pretty smart. Guy is just on another level than mere mortals.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited February 2017
    pjhawks said:

Blame cheating all you want but the Pats are just smarter than the rest of the league. Different cast of characters every few years and they do nothing but win.

And betting on the Pats in the 2nd halves of games they are losing is money in the bank. No one makes adjustments like Bill Belichick. Loaded up at halftime last night. God bless America.

having the greatest QB of all time will make a coach look pretty smart. Guy is just on another level than mere mortals.
    That is a given, obvious to even the most casual of fans.

But they also have 14 undrafted free agents and 10 guys drafted in 5th round or later--almost half their 53 man roster. And they pluck guys that the Eagles apparently couldn't use, like Eric Rowe, and they all of a sudden become key members of a Super Bowl winning team. Patrick Chung's another example.

Brady is on another level (obvious to anyone with half a brain) and so is that entire organization.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg

pjhawks said:

That is a given, obvious to even the most casual of fans.

But they also have 14 undrafted free agents and 10 guys drafted in 5th round or later--almost half their 53 man roster. And they pluck guys that the Eagles apparently couldn't use, like Eric Rowe, and they all of a sudden become key members of a Super Bowl winning team. Patrick Chung's another example.

Brady is on another level (obvious to anyone with half a brain) and so is that entire organization.
    the Rowe trade never made sense.
    edited March 2017
    Brandin Cooks for a second rounder? Sign me up.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757

How legit is that though? Plus, I don't think I would. I think he's got to cost less because the inevitable amount of money you're going to have to throw at him in an extension.

How legit is that though? Plus, I don't think I would. I think he's got to cost less because the inevitable amount of money you're going to have to throw at him in an extension.
    I mean he's younger and better than any free agent they might over pay for right? I'd roll the dice. They wanted to draft him before Saints traded up...
    chinese-happy.jpg

I mean he's younger and better than any free agent they might over pay for right? I'd roll the dice. They wanted to draft him before Saints traded up...
    Well, yeah. I would've loved to get him in the draft (Marcus Smith baby). I'm just saying giving up a 2nd rounder for him is fine. But then how much money are you paying him in an extension(rhetorical question)?

So much about this team annoys me.

Well, yeah. I would've loved to get him in the draft (Marcus Smith baby). I'm just saying giving up a 2nd rounder for him is fine. But then how much money are you paying him in an extension(rhetorical question)?

So much about this team annoys me.
    I don't know. A lot? My point is they'd probably end up overpaying for one of these inferior free agent wideouts if they don't pull off this trade. So I'd rather give up a 2nd and endure the extension cost because he's younger and better than the alternatives.

I agree about this team being annoying. This is the first thing that's caused me to think about them in a while....other than them raising ticket prices last month.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    so Alshon Jeffry and Torrie Smith? not too shabby
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly

good short term move but kind of a stop gap too. still like to see them draft a receiver early.
    edited March 2017
    Let's try this again....ahem...... NINETEEN AND OH.

But in all seriousness, solid moves so far, and once again winning the paper matchups in March; especially underrated I think is the Warmack signing. Seems like they've butted themselves right up on the cap, but figure Kendricks/Kelce/some mix of vets are gone.

Move Seumalo to center, Warmack/Brooks/Barbre at the guard spots. I'd still draft high for WR, CB, then depth at line (either side, but can never have enough o-linemen), RB in the 3rd or 4th.

Looking back now, gotta love how the Birds were aggressive to go get their guy at QB to see how much Osweiler got paid (to then be unloaded), the money Mike fucking Glennon is getting from the Bears (even though most of that is smoke and mirrors), and someone like Mitch Trubisky is going to be an overreach in the draft.

So Howie says, "we're not sacrificing our picks, while giving Carson enough weapons to compete this year." Now, no more excuses for Carson - just execute. Personally, I think the guy does have a terrible throwing motion and holds the ball wayyyy too long, and of course takes too many unnecessary shots. So we'll see if that all improves.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Jeffery is awesome when healthy. Fun guy to watch play. Unfortunately, he hasn't been able to stay very healthy the past couple seasons.

Jeffery is awesome when healthy. Fun guy to watch play. Unfortunately, he hasn't been able to stay very healthy the past couple seasons.

Of course, and I'm sure I'm humoring myself here, but at least last year was only due to drugs.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    pjhawks said:

good short term move but kind of a stop gap too. still like to see them draft a receiver early.
    Agree
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Also agree with the 19-0!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    edited March 2017
    You guys think the Eagles are going to make a big splash in free agency? Ha...

Fucking Pats...they're playing 3 dimensional chess while the rest of the league is playing Chutes and Ladders
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    The only thing worse than Chase Daniel was his contract.

Beat it.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited March 2017

Beat it.

Agree. what a terrible deal money-wise that was. good news is all you guys can get your Foles jerseys out of storage now. can't wait until Wentz struggles for a game or two and the idiots in the stands and media start asking for Foles to play. you just know it's gonna happen.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    edited March 2017
    pjhawks said:

Beat it.

Agree. what a terrible deal money-wise that was. good news is all you guys can get your Foles jerseys out of storage now. can't wait until Wentz struggles for a game or two and the idiots in the stands and media start asking for Foles to play. you just know it's gonna happen.
    This town is all Wentzed up and the team is clearly all in on him being a franchise quarterback. You think people are gonna be calling for Foles? Don't see that happening. He's a better backup than Daniel though. That's about it.
    chinese-happy.jpg

pjhawks said:

Beat it.

This town is all Wentzed up and the franchise is clearly all in on him being a franchise quarterback. You think people are gonna be calling for Foles? Don't see that happening. He's a better backup than Daniel though. That's about it.
    yes , you severely underestimate the idiocy of the media and Eagles fans.
    BOBBY HOYING FTW
    anyone with the last name Detmer
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    so Lurie wants to bring back the Kelly Green uniforms for at least a few games. Not a fan of those. I think it's an ugly color. that being said smart financial moves as the lemmings will need their new kelly green Wentz jerseys.
    pjhawks said:

so Lurie wants to bring back the Kelly Green uniforms for at least a few games. Not a fan of those. I think it's an ugly color. that being said smart financial moves as the lemmings will need their new kelly green Wentz jerseys.

The only reason they stopped bringing the kelly green back and went with black is because after the Vick year with the Kelly green, the NFL adopted a single helmet rule.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

pjhawks said:

The only reason they stopped bringing the kelly green back and went with black is because after the Vick year with the Kelly green, the NFL adopted a single helmet rule.
    Midnight green/black sucks. It's like the Eagles are perpetually stuck in 1996. Make the switch already.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    1933-1996: Kelly Green (barring the Philly city colors unis and Steagles unis)
    1996-Present: Dumb, terrible, outdated 90's unis and logos that are only still around due to Lurie's genius wife coming up with something on her own.

The Eagle head or whatever - whenever someone wears it in any fashion - looks like they should be accompanying it with a NASCAR pleather jacket.

Go back to Kelly Green already; the spread Eagle logo at mid-field; and just E-A-G-L-E-S in the endzones and be done with it. And I'm not picky - you don't even have to give me the silver mixed in, because personally I think silver looks trashy as all hell and reminds me of shitty Starter pullover jackets after they've been worn one too many times without being washed: it doesn't hold up well. Just Kelly Green and white. Boom, done for eternity.
    Who gives a shit what color they wear? I'd rather them win even wearing tie dye. Fans will buy whatever color they wear. Not a big deal to me. Why don't we switch to the true colors of the Bald Eagles?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer

1933-1996: Kelly Green (barring the Philly city colors unis and Steagles unis)
    1996-Present: Dumb, terrible, outdated 90's unis and logos that are only still around due to Lurie's genius wife coming up with something on her own.

The Eagle head or whatever - whenever someone wears it in any fashion - looks like they should be accompanying it with a NASCAR pleather jacket.

Go back to Kelly Green already; the spread Eagle logo at mid-field; and just E-A-G-L-E-S in the endzones and be done with it. And I'm not picky - you don't even have to give me the silver mixed in, because personally I think silver looks trashy as all hell and reminds me of shitty Starter pullover jackets after they've been worn one too many times without being washed: it doesn't hold up well. Just Kelly Green and white. Boom, done for eternity.

I like the silver but, yeah I agree mostly. Guess they'd have to change out all the seats at the Linc too.

Something like this (except use old logo and go with old school striped socks). Bang. Done.

chinese-happy.jpg