******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

Firing McDermott and replacing him with the offensive line coach is one of the dumbest personnel moves in this team's history. Glad to see him finally get his head coaching shot. Well deserved. Now if only they can get a quarterback up there...

Going fro Rex to anyone has to be a culture shock for all parties involved.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Sad to see Birds 24/7 get shut down. It wasn't the same after Kapadia and McManus left, though. In it's heyday there was no better local Eagles coverage.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171

Sad to see Birds 24/7 get shut down. It wasn't the same after Kapadia and McManus left, though. In it's heyday there was no better local Eagles coverage.

one less blog for you to use for the tired old run the ball cliches?
    McDermott is hiring Castillo. You can't make this shit up.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

McDermott is hiring Castillo. You can't make this shit up.

As an offensive line coach. HAHA

Irony is alive and kicking
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:

More knowledge on that site than all of your Marcus Hayes', John Smallwood's, and CBS Philly etc etc etc put together.
    chinese-happy.jpg

pjhawks said:

More knowledge on that site than all of your Marcus Hayes', John Smallwood's, and CBS Philly etc etc etc put together.
    didn't i already tell you to think for yourself and stop relying on what others write? i mean you could learn by listening to me though. :smiley:
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

didn't i already tell you to think for yourself and stop relying on what others write? i mean you could learn by listening to me though. :smiley:
    Uh huh.
    CBS Philly.
    chinese-happy.jpg

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

Uh huh.
    CBS Philly.
    i think for myself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkgv3LoQY2o
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

Uh huh.
    CBS Philly.
    i think for myself

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/category/sports/
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited January 2017

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

Uh huh.
    CBS Philly.
    i think for myself

i've posted information but never an opinion from one of those news sites unlike you who constantly posts opinion pieces (see Sixers thread for recent one). remember those Chip Kelly is revolutionizing the game pieces? those were funny then and fucking hilarious now. and yes i did call them out then too. you actually defended him not letting players walk on the grass to get into the training facility. hilarious.

and i look forward to the if/when Andy loses you taking a cheap shot at him like you normally do. i see you taking shots at Eli again too. too funny.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

Uh huh.
    CBS Philly.
    i think for myself

i've posted information but never an opinion from one of those news sites unlike you who constantly posts opinion pieces (see Sixers thread for recent one). remember those Chip Kelly is revolutionizing the game pieces? those were funny then and fucking hilarious now. and yes i did call them out then too. you actually defended him not letting players walk on the grass to get into the training facility. hilarious.

and i look forward to the if/when Andy loses you taking a cheap shot at him like you normally do. i see you taking shots at Eli again too. too funny.

How can someone be this dense?

You're literally arguing against consuming information to better inform yourself. This is why no one here respects your opinion.

chinese-happy.jpg

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

Uh huh.
    CBS Philly.
    i think for myself

How can someone be this dense?

You're literally arguing against consuming information to better inform yourself. This is why no one here respects your opinion.

i consume facts not opinions. do you not know the difference? clearly you don't. just because some blogger says it so doesn't make it fact. google the difference between facts and opinions. you do know how to use goggle right? i mean how many times did i have to post facts after you posted an opinion this year to dispute your bs mostly about the running game. you know facts like the eagles were 10th in rushing attempts this year and that 9 playoff teams ran the ball less than the Eagles including 2 who were in the bottom 4 in attempts in the league. yea but according to you and idiot bloggers Pederson was bad because he didn't run the ball enough. yup facts vs. tired old cliche opinions juggler. "just the basic facts, can you show me where it hurts"

since you love links and for the 2nd time in the past month or two here is a good one for you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_z1DBTK0Vw
    Dude....you continue to make no sense. You post facts? Okay then!

All I said was that I was sad to see that site shut down and then you start regurgitating the same old garbage that has proved you to be an uneducated fan here for years.

That site and others like it are good resources for fans who want news but also have an open mind and want to learn more about the game than you'd get from traditional places like the local cbs affiliate you enjoy reading all the time and from columnists at the local papers who seem to only still have jobs simply because they have tenure, not because they contribute worthwhile pieces anymore. Get your news from other sources, 'Takes.

But, yeah, go ahead and clog up this thread with another video people won't watch. That's productive.
    chinese-happy.jpg

All I said was that I was sad to see that site shut down and then you start regurgitating the same old garbage that has proved you to be an uneducated fan here for years.

That site and others like it are good resources for fans who want news but also have an open mind and want to learn more about the game than you'd get from traditional places like the local cbs affiliate you enjoy reading all the time and from columnists at the local papers who seem to only still have jobs simply because they have tenure, not because they contribute worthwhile pieces anymore. Get your news from other sources, 'Takes.

But, yeah, go ahead and clog up this thread with another video people won't watch. That's productive.

i read read local news sites at lunch for news. i don't read them for opinions.

so nothing on the 9 teams who ran the ball less than the Eagles and two who were in the last 4 in the league being in the playoffs? no comment at all, nothing...????
    edited January 2017
    pjhawks said:

so nothing on the 9 teams who ran the ball less than the Eagles and two who were in the last 4 in the league being in the playoffs? no comment at all, nothing...????
    and the sounds of silence...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-JQ1q-13Ek
    edited January 2017
    pjhawks said:

You love your local cbs affiliate. Opinions and news. You love Andrew Porter as you've referenced his articles from his...wait for it....wait for it.... blog plenty of times. http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/category/sports/ Right there on the main page next to Cataldi's podcast. This is not surprising.

Again with this argument? How many times have you lost this over the years? People were right to criticize Doug during their 1-6 stretch. Thankfully, he reverted back to what worked earlier in the season and got back to a more ground control offense in the last part of the season and, shockingly, they had more success.

Beat it. You'll never win. But.....yeah, go ahead and post another video. People just love that stuff.

edit---just find this ironic. The man who claims to despise "bloggers" of all types gets his news and posts articles from this kid fairly regularly in here:
    http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/personality/andrew-porter/

Andrew Porter

Andrew Porter was hired by SportsRadio 94WIP in June of 2012.

In 2014, Porter was promoted to CBSPhilly.com’s sports editor and can now be heard occasionally on nights and weekends on 94WIP. Porter also hosts his “Pulse Of Philly” podcast.

Born and raised in Northeast Philly, Porter joined 94WIP as a graduate of Penn State University and George Washington High School, where he played three years of varsity basketball. At Penn State, Porter created a multi-media digital company called The School Philly, where he was able to display his writing and broadcasting talent.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Oh Andy, not again.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    hey Juggler imagine how good Aaron Rodgers would have been yesterday if only Green Bay established the run...oh wait. 71% passes for the game and what almost 80% in the 1st half when they were unstoppable? That had to bother you. Were you yelling at the TV for them to run the ball? yea if only Mike McCarthy would have run the ball up the middle a few more times :lol:

Hell of a game though. Look at the Cowboys stats on offense and you wonder how the heck they lost the game. Media so wanted Prescott to struggle so they could create a controversy.

Travis Kelce is unhinghed. man angry dude there. Definitely was a hold on the 2-point conversion.

How the heck did Andy win 11 game with a turd like Alex Smith as his QB?

For us who hate the Pats better for Pittsburgh to win that game as they have a better chance to beat them.

8 playoff games so far and the team with the better QB has won all 8. not all that complicated. draft around Wentz this year.
    edited January 2017
    1. Arron Rogers is the best qb in the game.
    2. They don't have any running backs. They're all injured. Ty Montgomery is a converted receiver.
    3 Cowboys got down 18 and came all the way back without completely abandoning their game plan. Finished with about a 60-40 pass-run ratio. This is what good teams do.

Bit of a different circumstance there. Quite different than wanting the 2011 Eagles to throw 80% of the time, all the time, with Michael Vick as their qb, huh? ha...

Steelers, on the other hand ran more times than they threw it. The vast majority of playoff teams usually have a balanced attack as I have pointed out countless times over the years. And for the millionth time, no team will ever throw 80% of the time consistently all things being equal.

Tough loss for Big Red. I'm not surprised he used up all of his timeouts with just under 3 minutes to go in the game. He is a very good regular season coach, but.....this goes to what I've said about him for most of the last decade plus: 1 playoff win since 2008 against a team who did not have a quarterback and 4 playoff wins since 2004 is......just frustrating for fans of his teams.
    chinese-happy.jpg

2. They don't have any running backs. They're all injured. Ty Montgomery is a converted receiver.
    3 Cowboys got down 18 and came all the way back without completely abandoning their game plan. Finished with about a 60-40 pass-run ratio. This is what good teams do.

Bit of a different circumstance there. Quite different than wanting the 2011 Eagles to throw 80% of the time, all the time, with Michael Vick as their qb, huh? ha...

Steelers, on the other hand ran more times than they threw it. The vast majority of playoff teams usually have a balanced attack as I have pointed out countless times over the years. And for the millionth time, no team will ever throw 80% of the time consistently all things being equal.

Tough loss for Big Red. I'm not surprised he used up all of his timeouts with just under 3 minutes to go in the game. He is a very good regular season coach, but.....this goes to what I've said about him for most of the last decade plus: 1 playoff win since 2008 against a team who did not have a quarterback and 4 playoff wins since 2004 is......just frustrating for fans of his teams.

so it can be done and that you don't have to establish the run. thanks for confirming.

yes the Steelers ran the ball a ton..and didn't score a td in the game thus letting a team that had no right being in the game hang around. i would say they needed to throw more as they did to seal the game on the last drive.

did you really just say 4 playoffs wins since 2004 is frustrating? holy fuck balls. the Eagles haven't won 1 since he was fired and the Cowboys haven't won 1 in 20 years...and 4 since 2004 is bad? wow just clueless.

edited January 2017
    pjhawks said:

so it can be done and that you don't have to establish the run. thanks for confirming.

yes the Steelers ran the ball a ton..and didn't score a td in the game thus letting a team that had no right being in the game hang around. i would say they needed to throw more as they did to seal the game on the last drive.

did you really just say 4 playoffs wins since 2004 is frustrating? holy fuck balls. the Eagles haven't won 1 since he was fired and the Cowboys haven't won 1 in 20 years...and 4 since 2004 is bad? wow just clueless.

Sure it can be done every now and then when you have a hall of fame qb and are forced to run the ball because you literally do not have a healthy running back. haha.....Out of the four playoff winners yesterday, only one had an out of whack ratio. This is because good teams know that to win consistently you need to have some balance.

Solid but wrong take on the Steelers. Bottom line is they won the game on the road, in a hostile environment, as an underdog and I would think have a better shot at beating New England than the Chiefs would.

Yeah. 2004 was 12 years ago. He has won playoff games in 3 seasons in 12 years. Not sure how that is not frustrating. The Eagles won 2 in 10 years during the 90's and that was the epitome of frustration.

And yes the Eagles haven't won one since he left (he's only won one against a 3rd string qb)....but they also didn't win one in the last 4 seasons he was here. The Cowboys have won 2 since 2009 (first one breaking a huge drought against Reid's Eagles).
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited January 2017

pjhawks said:

Sure it can be done every now and then when you have a hall of fame qb and are forced to run the ball because you literally do not have a healthy running back. haha.....Out of the four playoff winners yesterday, only one had an out of whack ratio. This is because good teams know that to win consistently you need to have some balance.

Solid but wrong take on the Steelers. Bottom line is they won the game on the road, in a hostile environment, as an underdog and I would think have a better shot at beating New England than the Chiefs would.

Yeah. 2004 was 12 years ago. He has won playoff games in 3 seasons in 12 years. Not sure how that is not frustrating. The Eagles won 2 in 10 years during the 90's and that was the epitome of frustration.

And yes the Eagles haven't won one since he left (he's only won one against a 3rd string qb)....but they also didn't win one in the last 4 seasons he was here. The Cowboys have won 2 since 2009 (first one breaking a huge drought against Reid's Eagles).
    agree Pittsburgh has a much better chance of beating NE than KC would have.

My bad on the Cowboys. I thought they said on the game they hadn't won one since 1996. Totally forgot them beating the Eagles.

I'd have to look it up but I wonder if any coach has won 4 since 2004 without Brady, either of the Manning's, Aaron Rodgers or Roethlisberger as their QB. that would be an interesting answer.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    edited January 2017
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

I'd have to look it up but I wonder if any coach has won 4 since 2004 without Brady, either of the Manning's, Aaron Rodgers or Roethlisberger as their QB. that would be an interesting answer.
    I don't know. He did have McNabb 6 of those years and Vick, who you wanted to him to throw 80% of the time with. And say what you want about Alex Smith but he was hand picked by Reid when he first got there. So...that's on him.

Reid's a good coach. Had a ton of success for his first 5 years here and caught lightning in a bottle a couple times after. He just has a tendency of coming up small in big games. Always has. That timeout after the 3rd down play at the end last night was brutal. You know you are going for it on 4th. You need to have that play ready to go. This is something a rookie coach like Pederson would be getting grilled for if he made the same mistake.
    chinese-happy.jpg

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

I don't know. He did have McNabb 6 of those years and Vick, who you wanted to him to throw 80% of the time with. And say what you want about Alex Smith but he was hand picked by Reid when he first got there. So...that's on him.

Reid's a good coach. Had a ton of success for his first 5 years here and caught lightning in a bottle a couple times after. He just has a tendency of coming up small in big games. Always has. That timeout after the 3rd down play at the end last night was brutal. You know you are going for it on 4th. You need to have that play ready to go. This is something a rookie coach like Pederson would be getting grilled for if he made the same mistake.
    and i thought the 3rd down play was terrible. i hate rollouts in that area, too far for QB to run it in and just clutters the area.
    edited January 2017
    Seemingly minor moves like fleecing the Eagles for Eric Rowe are a big reason why the Patriots have been so good for so long.

chinese-happy.jpg

Seemingly minor moves like fleecing the Eagles for Eric Rowe are a big reason why the Patriots have been so good for so long.

Brady
    pjhawks said:

Brady
    Yup.....and moves like this. Horrible trade for the Eagles. Pats outsmart the league year after year.
    chinese-happy.jpg

let's go back to this one again. umm Brady and Brady and well you know Brady.

so much for having to establish the run for the Pats too.

the Falcons throwing the ball and getting sacked on 2nd down was an even worse call the the Eagles throwing a screen against Dallas in the same situation. wtf were they doing? run the damn ball kick the field goal and it's over.

Sure let's go back to it. I said "yup Brady and moves like this."

Blame cheating all you want but the Pats are just smarter than the rest of the league. Different cast of characters every few years and they do nothing but win.

And betting on the Pats in the 2nd halves of games they are losing is money in the bank. No one makes adjustments like Bill Belichick. Loaded up at halftime last night. God bless America.
    chinese-happy.jpg