Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    pjhawks said:

would have been cool if someone in this thread predicted an Eagles 5 point victory yesterday....

and once again an NFL team gets down double digits and throws the ball a ton of times. Reading this thread would have thought Pederson was the only one to do that.

I know Eli is a Hall of Famer but man the Birds seem to have his number.

And Cliffy too bad you were at the game because the announcers once again brought up throwing snowballs at Santa Claus....60 fucking years ago. embarrassing.

ha, I have never brought that up. I just complained about what I saw. My section was actually awesome. Good people giving each other shit. Just those jerkoffs before the game pissed me off.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,465
    that was nice.

eli just missed an open OBJ, they play before the pick.

ah......the pick :smiley:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    Wobbie said:

that was nice.

eli just missed an open OBJ, they play before the pick.

ah......the pick :smiley:

Go to hell, Wob. Somehow I forgot you were a Cowboys fan.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Really liked how they used Sproles last night Earlier in the year Doug was featuring him too much and I feared he would wear down. Last night was the perfect mix of Mathews and the Sproles. And he stuck with Mathews despite not a lot of success. Good things happen when you stick to the game plan. Doug's showed me something these last couple weeks.

Go Birds.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,196

Really liked how they used Sproles last night Earlier in the year Doug was featuring him too much and I feared he would wear down. Last night was the perfect mix of Mathews and the Sproles. And he stuck with Mathews despite not a lot of success. Good things happen when you stick to the game plan. Doug's showed me something these last couple weeks.

Go Birds.

good things happen when you get a 14-0 lead and your defense doesn't totally suck.

Hey Merry Christmas to all you fuckers. Hope everyone has a nice enjoyable and safe holiday.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    pjhawks said:

Go Birds.

good things happen when you get a 14-0 lead and your defense doesn't totally suck.

Hey Merry Christmas to all you fuckers. Hope everyone has a nice enjoyable and safe holiday.
    Umm, yeah and that lead was built by a balanced attack. Started with very first drive (you know, when the score was 0-0) and continued with every other sustained scoring drive. Same story last week too even when down by 2 scores with the defense not playing well...and they still had a chance to win. That's pretty good coaching.

Again--I've liked what I've seen out of Doug these last couple weeks. That's all I've wanted out of these last few games.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

pjhawks said:

Go Birds.

Umm, yeah and that lead was built by a balanced attack. Started with very first drive (you know, when the score was 0-0) and continued with every other sustained scoring drive. Same story last week too even when down by 2 scores and they had a chance to win.

Again--I've liked what I've seen out of Doug these last couple weeks. That's all I've wanted out of these last few games.
    Well 7 points of that 14 point lead were built by a balanced attack and 7 were an Eli gift.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,394
    When I saw that Sproles was playing I knew you guys would win.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options

pjhawks said:

Go Birds.

Umm, yeah and that lead was built by a balanced attack. Started with very first drive (you know, when the score was 0-0) and continued with every other sustained scoring drive. Same story last week too even when down by 2 scores and they had a chance to win.

Well 7 points of that 14 point lead were built by a balanced attack and 7 were an Eli gift.
    It's the gift that keeps on giving. It happened after the Eagles scored first though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

When I saw that Sproles was playing I knew you guys would win.

They used him perfectly last night.

Wish the Eagles were able to go old school Kelly green to match the 80's/90's era Giants jerseys last night.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,394
    We lost our own "Sproles" in Vereen for the season
    I miss igotid88
  • Options

pjhawks said:

Go Birds.

It's the gift that keeps on giving. It happened after the Eagles scored first though.
    Yeah, I'll gladly take those picks and the last 10-15 years or whatever it has been...
  • Options

pjhawks said:

Go Birds.

Yeah, I'll gladly take those picks and the last 10-15 years or whatever it has been...
    Godspeed, Cliff
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    draft for offense. Build around Wentz and worry about the defense after that. Get this guy weapons and protect his ass with a good offensive line and this team can take off in the next few years.

for all the bitching from the media and some fans about the run/pass ratio the Eagles ended up 10th in the league in rushing attempts. and 9 teams with less attempts than the Eagles made the playoffs. interesting.

from revolutionizing the game to fired 2 years in a row. where are the fans (some here) and media who were canonizing Chip during his 1st year here? pretty silent these days.

anyone who doesn't vote for Tom Brady as AFC MVP and Aaron Rodgers as NFC MVP should have their votes taken away. At some point you just have to give it to the best players in the league and not the guys who had one great season right? Brady and Rodgers are just on another level than everyone else.
  • Options
    Saw a stat in the 2 minutes I was watching the Eagles on Sunday that Wentz has thrown something like 100 more passes this year than he did in 4 years in college. Different games, obviously, but still pretty crazy.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    pjhawks said:

anyone who doesn't vote for Tom Brady as AFC MVP and Aaron Rodgers as NFC MVP should have their votes taken away. At some point you just have to give it to the best players in the league and not the guys who had one great season right? Brady and Rodgers are just on another level than everyone else.

I think that is a bit strong. What about Matt Ryan and Derek Carr? I cannot argue against Brady and Rodgers' brilliance down the stretch -- nor do I care to - but saying that past performance weighs into the current MVP race is not something I agree with.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

pjhawks said:

I think that is a bit strong. What about Matt Ryan and Derek Carr? I cannot argue against Brady and Rodgers' brilliance down the stretch -- nor do I care to - but saying that past performance weighs into the current MVP race is not something I agree with.
    i guess my point is that guys who are continually at the level of Brady and Rodgers often get overlooked because their greatness is on a similar level year after year after year. So yea Matt Ryan had a great year, but Matt Ryan's great season is pretty much the same as what Brady and Rodgers do every year. Do you penalize Brady and Rodgers because their consistent level is so high? I really dislike Tom Brady but it's pretty absurd to me that the greatest QB of all time has only won 2 MVPs.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

i guess my point is that guys who are continually at the level of Brady and Rodgers often get overlooked because their greatness is on a similar level year after year after year. So yea Matt Ryan had a great year, but Matt Ryan's great season is pretty much the same as what Brady and Rodgers do every year. Do you penalize Brady and Rodgers because their consistent level is so high? I really dislike Tom Brady but it's pretty absurd to me that the greatest QB of all time has only won 2 MVPs.
    I can understand that....but still think you need to confine the award criteria and consideration to the particular season in question. They have HoF and things like that to recognize the greatest players.
    If you look at all of the factors present only in 2016 and Brady/Rodgers are still the picks? No problems with that.
  • Options
    And Joe Montana is the greatest QB ever to play.
    Lol. I will not be convinced otherwise...nor will I show any logic in my determination beyond "because to me he is the greatest."
    I do realize there is an argument to be made for Brady...but I deny it out of my JM/49ers fandom.
  • Options

And Joe Montana is the greatest QB ever to play.
    Lol. I will not be convinced otherwise...nor will I show any logic in my determination beyond "because to me he is the greatest."
    I do realize there is an argument to be made for Brady...but I deny it out of my JM/49ers fandom.

the argument for Brady to me is still dominating at 39 and hasn't exactly had the greatest of weapons around him. is Gronk the only possible Hall of Famer on offense he has played with? and is Gronk even a Hall of Famer with all his injuries?
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    U2 at the Linc 6/18. Playing The Joshua Tree in its entirety.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

should be great but top ticket price is $280.00 without fees included. that's an expensive evening.
  • Options
    Greg Lewis got fired.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Greg Lewis got fired.

Undlin should be next.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

should be great but top ticket price is $280.00 without fees included. that's an expensive evening.
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

I will not be spending that much.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Andy 19-2 after a bye including playoffs. I wouldn't mind seeing the Chiefs win.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    JK_Livin said:

Andy 19-2 after a bye including playoffs. I wouldn't mind seeing the Chiefs win.

should be a good tight game unless Ben is more hurt than he is letting on. I like the Chiefs to win a close one. Hopefully the games this week are better than the stink bombs last week.

and how about Sean McDermott as a head coach now?
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

should be a good tight game unless Ben is more hurt than he is letting on. I like the Chiefs to win a close one. Hopefully the games this week are better than the stink bombs last week.

You look back and wonder why Andy got rid of him.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

You look back and wonder why Andy got rid of him.
    I always thought McDermott didn't get the respect of the veteran players here thinking he was too young and got the job because Johnson got sick. that was my impression. firing McDermott pretty much was the beginning of the end for Reid here after giving the job to Castillo. still can't believe such a great coach made such a stupid decision in giving Castillo the job.
  • Options
    Firing McDermott and replacing him with the offensive line coach is one of the dumbest personnel moves in this team's history. Glad to see him finally get his head coaching shot. Well deserved. Now if only they can get a quarterback up there...
    chinese-happy.jpg