What do you miss most?

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    don smith said:

forgivenance . from friends when I do something outta line when I didn't mean to.

if they cannot forgive you when you're being a butt, then they were never really your friends in the first place...everybody has 'bad days', nobody is perfect.

(only exception to that is if you slept with your friend's significant other)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    i really, really, do not know how to describe this. right now i kind of miss feeling appreciated, and feeling valued, like feeling important to someone else. i miss coming home and knowing somebody i am about to talk to thinks i am special. i miss feeling loved by other people. this is probably because i have never been more alone than i have been the last few weeks. it was nice at first, but now it is starting to suck.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Waiting for next year... Posts: 3,365
    the way we used to talk.

i love the packers
    I lost a bet...
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,211
    I never thought I'd say this, but I miss high school right now. I am reading Roger's (lukinfan) book, the Big Hoot, and he describes things in HS I experienced pretty closely. Great book so far!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)

the way we used to talk.

i love the packers

i know how you feel. i miss that about some people too.

it will be ok :)
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    My dad. 4 years ago today....but I was telling my brother and sister how lucky I feel to have all of the amazing memories that we have. I only hope that my son (he is due in June) will feel that way about me 4 years after I die. Every year I miss him more and it hurts less....I really gain perspective all of the time on how good I had it with him as my father. I know he would smile if he heard me say that so it makes me smile to say it.
    Drinking cocktails tonight and contemplating the life of T.A.B. with a smile.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443

My dad. 4 years ago today....but I was telling my brother and sister how lucky I feel to have all of the amazing memories that we have. I only hope that my son (he is due in June) will feel that way about me 4 years after I die. Every year I miss him more and it hurts less....I really gain perspective all of the time on how good I had it with him as my father. I know he would smile if he heard me say that so it makes me smile to say it.
    Drinking cocktails tonight and contemplating the life of T.A.B. with a smile.

Thank you for sharing.

"You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    Watching the "little" ones ride bikes or bigwheels down the driveway....PORCH days with my best friend.....conversations with C to make me feel better about everything...FURY making me laugh and feel normal.... ;) love y'all.
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    The flexibility of my old life.
    ELITIST FUK
    SD48277 said:

The flexibility of my old life.

i hear ya.

it will be ok :)

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    some inside jokes
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    The Colbert Report
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    fivehorizons.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    the innocence and lack of requirements of youth. as the weather gets nicer it always makes me long for those school age days when school was over and the only thing to do was hang out with my brother and friends. playing sports, bike rides, games on the porch, or just walking around the neighborhood with nothing to do and nowhere to go. other than no aches and pains that is what i miss most about youth.
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Joe Bob Briggs' Drive In Theater on TMC. Nothing against Monstervision but TMC had movies unedited and gave us the tv premiere of The Evil Dead when no other station would dare do it. Don't miss that creepy face/eye logo for the network, though.
  • OceanInDisguise13OceanInDisguise13 Behind the sun Posts: 919
    My old self......
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    Being able to drink beer without feeling sick.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Working with responsible people...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    This ....

• northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    My sixteen year old body.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    I miss pirate radio
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Ha
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    the circus clowns..
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Jason P said:

This ....

OMG!!!!!!

I miss the simplicity of music before the internet. I also miss having a good radio station.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339

fivehorizons.com

it doesn't appear to be closed down

did you see me? i saw you.
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    a full head of hair..... lol this thinning BS is for the birds...

spiked hair forever....
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    Nami said:

spiked hair forever....

Maybe you need to take some vitamins like zink, vitamin B etc.?
    Annafalk said:

Nami said:

spiked hair forever....

Maybe you need to take some vitamins like zink, vitamin B etc.?
    interesting ....will look into this. i dont take any vitamins what so ever..... only C when sick.
    thanks.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Nami said:

spiked hair forever....

rub aloe vera gel in your hair before bed at night and sleep with it and wash it out in the morning
    my hair is dying because i permed it but dont really worry too much about it

what do you miss the most --
    carrying the kids to bed from the living room..
    JWPearl said:

Nami said:

spiked hair forever....

rub aloe vera gel in your hair before bed at night and sleep with it and wash it out in the morning
    my hair is dying because i permed it but dont really worry too much about it

what do you miss the most --
    carrying the kids to bed from the living room..
    reminds me of that seinfeld episode...lol