Options

What do you miss most?

Comments

• Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    My dad. It's been almost a year. Life isn't fair sometimes.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    samjam wrote:
    My dad. It's been almost a year. Life isn't fair sometimes.
    I'm sorry, Sam. :(
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    I miss being able to flip through all 100 channels in about 30 seconds and know what was on just about each channel only by seing it for just a fraction of a second. HD tv's are great but they take so long to tune each channel, takes forever to flip through them, and looking through the on screen guide is just not the same.
  • Options
    AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    I miss my cat Willie, we had to put him down this morning, he was a special kitty :(
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    I miss my cat Willie, we had to put him down this morning, he was a special kitty :(
    :cry: I'm really sorry to hear that. Always a sad time for a family.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Her
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    those 2 molnkeys
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    :cry: I'm really sorry to hear that. Always a sad time for a family.

Thank you....hard to lose my fur babies.
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • Options
    hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    Missing my friend Troy, who was always the most fun and the brightest light.

And I miss 80s big hair. I was good at that.
    I win.
  • Options
    true love and lust.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    I miss my parents being together. I know I'm lucky they are both still alive and it was better that they split up but neither one of them are happy and I miss them "together".

I miss my kids being younger, they are growing up SO fast. They have been the biggest and greatest part of my life but I feel like I'm not done being a Mom yet. Don't rush your kids to be mature, they grow up too quick.
  • Options
    hgpjam11 wrote:
    Missing my friend Troy, who was always the most fun and the brightest light.

And I miss 80s big hair. I was good at that.

I'm sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    tallman72 wrote:
    My Dad ,

ditto

Same here... :cry:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    tallman72 wrote:
    My Dad ,

ditto

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    tallman72 wrote:
    My Dad ,

ditto

Post edited by PearlOfAGirl on

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Having my own house, multi family apt living SUCKS!!!

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,158
    i don't really miss things. like things i used to own and stuff like that.

i miss people and experiences. i miss people that have died or people that were a part of my life but now they aren't for whatever reason. i miss my dog. he died 7 months ago this week. his loss was a big blow. for the better part of 11 years it was just him and i. i am gonna rescue another one when i get back from san diego i think.

i miss times, like, specific eras of my life. i miss being a high school athlete. i miss playing baseball in college. i miss that college era in it's entirety. i miss the grad school era. i miss when my band was young and angry, now we are old and content...and some other ones. i am not sure if it is actually missing them or just being nostalgic when i think about them or the people that were in those eras.

i kinda miss having a girlfriend at times, just for the stabilizing effect that being in a relationship has on me. when i am single i find myself out of control at times.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    truth
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    humiliation
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    i don't really miss things. like things i used to own and stuff like that.

i miss people and experiences. i miss people that have died or people that were a part of my life but now they aren't for whatever reason. i miss my dog. he died 7 months ago this week. his loss was a big blow. for the better part of 11 years it was just him and i. i am gonna rescue another one when i get back from san diego i think.

i miss times, like, specific eras of my life. i miss being a high school athlete. i miss playing baseball in college. i miss that college era in it's entirety. i miss the grad school era. i miss when my band was young and angry, now we are old and content...and some other ones. i am not sure if it is actually missing them or just being nostalgic when i think about them or the people that were in those eras.

i kinda miss having a girlfriend at times, just for the stabilizing effect that being in a relationship has on me. when i am single i find myself out of control at times.
    I miss my house, basically because it was my home.. Was married a long time before getting a place that I could put together myself. As a child, and a grown up, I lived in some horrible places, and when my marriage ended I lost the one place I loved.. I also miss being married.. It's no fun being single after being married so long.

While we were living there, I lost 2 beautiful mother and daughter black labs, within 6 months. The mom Gypsy was getting old, and not doing well. Her daughter LG, which stood for Little Gypsy, we kept one of the pups, which was a very hard thing to do.. :( The day we lost LG, my son had just had surgery, and I left saying "see you later" to LG, and he called me at work saying she was behaving "really" weird. After the 2nd call, I had to leave, and got home, and her eyes were crossed and going around in circles. I couldn't stop crying. Brought her to the Vet, and I had a little hope. They hooked her up to an IV, and the next morning the Vet called, saying he thought she passed when he came in. My ex had to go, because I just couldn't. The same with her mom. All of us were bawling our eyes out.. One of the hardest things is to lose such 2 "big" parts of the family.. I'm so sorry about your dog. :(

After losing the dogs, we all went and got this beautiful Jack Russell Terrier, which is 12 years old now. Then 1 day my ex said there was a guy her had met, and they had a dog they were going to put down. There was no way we could let that happen, so he brought him home. He's a Terrier also, he's from the Dominican Republic. He's 7 now, and they live with me...

Me and my ex met over a dog, some people left their apartment, and left all the pups there, so he and one of his friends each took a pup....

I lost my dad this past February 9th at 9:09 pm. There was a blizzard, and lord knows how I made it to the nursing home, because I couldn't even see out the window. He had Hospice, but they didn't allow him to be on any kind of pain killers. I kept going to the nurses station and saying he was in pain. He suffered so badly, that is a site I will never forget. It's tattooed in my brain.... My aunt passed just a year before, after surviving cancer. She saddening had a migraine and then she was kept alive by a breathing machine until my cousin made it to the hospital from out of state...

Sometimes life seems so unfair, and there's not a thing we can do... I can definitely feel your pain, and am so sorry for that.... I hope good things are coming your way... Keep your chin up. Have to remind myself of that every single day. ;):)

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    My Nan (amazing lady, glad she's not suffering anymore though) ,my best mate from high school (wish you had reached out to me dude, R.I.P.), England (where most of my family are), the years of great music (music just isn't what it used to be), childhood (only because it didn't feel like I had much of one) and times where the world 'felt' safer (it probably hasn't changed but i used to feel safe leaving the house, playing in the street and meeting new people)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Dad.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Dad.

indeed.
    besides the obvious loss of loved ones though, i miss the ability to eat and drink ANYthing i want, as much as i want, and still be oh-so-thin. sigh. so yes, i miss my 20 year old arse. :lol:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    that tree..
  • Options
    the joy being here at the forum
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Sweet intamacy.
  • Options
    don smithdon smith Posts: 833
    edited January 2014
    forgivenance . from friends when I do something outta line when I didn't mean to.
    Post edited by don smith on
    06/12/03,06/13/03
    10-05-04 09-09-05
    05-16-06-5-17-06-5-19-06,06-26-06-06-27-06 05-03-10 09-04-11
    07/19/13 11-15-13
  • Options
    tulip tree
  • Options
    This kiss could cost my life. Is all you see in her eyes. This kiss