Options

A serious question

13»

Comments

• Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    donnaruhl wrote:
    You know when someone buy's a gun,They run a background check.

Except people like Seung-Hui Cho at Virginia Tech, or Adam Lanza at Newtown, didn't have criminal records, and yet they still managed to get their hands on semi-automatic weapons and carry out a massacre.

Next.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    Not sure. Perhaps Canada feels the protection that the US provides them. It's easy to have a calm feeling politically, which trickles to down to social behaviors, when you know the neighbors to your south will pretty much protect you just to protect our own interests. Perhaps it's because Canada is much more rural than the US. Perhaps it's the fact that Canada's total population is about 10% of the US. Perhaps it's the fact more people live in the state of California than in the entire country of Canada.

Apples and oranges.

Or perhaps you're simply talking out of your butthole?

Firearm-related death-rate per capita, per 100,000 population, in one year:

U.S - 10.2
    Canada - 2.13
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Byrnzie wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Not sure. Perhaps Canada feels the protection that the US provides them. It's easy to have a calm feeling politically, which trickles to down to social behaviors, when you know the neighbors to your south will pretty much protect you just to protect our own interests. Perhaps it's because Canada is much more rural than the US. Perhaps it's the fact that Canada's total population is about 10% of the US. Perhaps it's the fact more people live in the state of California than in the entire country of Canada.

Apples and oranges.

U.S - 10.2
    Canada - 2.13

Now look at areas with the same population density.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    Byrnzie wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Apples and oranges.

U.S - 10.2
    Canada - 2.13

Now look at areas with the same population density.

What does that have to do with it? Absolutely nothing, that's what.
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:

Really? :lol: It has nothing to do with guns. It's a society and criminal issue.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    Byrnzie wrote:

Really? :lol: It has nothing to do with guns. It's a society and criminal issue.

So then go ahead and compare gun fatalities in cities with high population density. Then tell us all how the U.S has no gun problem.
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Byrnzie wrote:

So then go ahead and compare gun fatalities in cities with high population density. Then tell us all how the U.S has no gun problem.

I will. It's still a society and people problem...not a gun or individual right issue.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    It's still a society and people problem...not a gun or individual right issue.

Sure it is. Gun massacres have nothing to do with guns, right? I know I'm trying to get a reasonable answer from someone who has zero interest in facts, or reality, but please explain why gun crime in Europe is so much lower than the U.S.
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Sure it is. Gun massacres have nothing to do with guns, right? I know I'm trying to get a reasonable answer from someone who has zero interest in facts, or reality, but please explain why gun crime in Europe is so much lower than the U.S.

Society. Morales. Culture. Beliefs. Poverty. Lack of ambition. Lack of inhibition. Several factors involved actually. You don't think the guns could as easily be brought into those countries illegally if the demand was there? Keeping guns from legal US citizens owners will do nothing to curb the illegal gun problem. Zero.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    Byrnzie wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Society. Morales. Culture. Beliefs. Poverty. Lack of ambition. Lack of inhibition. Several factors involved actually. You don't think the guns could as easily be brought into those countries illegally if the demand was there? Keeping guns from legal US citizens owners will do nothing to curb the illegal gun problem. Zero.

Like I said elsewhere, criminals seeking ownership of semi-automatic weapons has nothing to do with trying to reduce the regular occurrence of gun massacres in the U.S.

Next.
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Bomb thwarted by teacher...
    who needs guns?

http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/ ... /#50384380

it's a people problem not a gun problem ...
    let's address the real issue.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    pandora wrote:
    Bomb thwarted by teacher...
    who needs guns?

http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/ ... /#50384380

it's a people problem not a gun problem ...
    let's address the real issue.
    the real issue is the gun.

and it is gonna get addressed.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."