A serious question

edited January 2013 in A Moving Train
Can someone please explain to me why you need a gun?
Simple question, should be a simple answer.


Unless you are a hunter I see no need to have one.

Bonus question.

If you live in a concrete jungle of a city and never hunt why do you need a handgun tucked in your jeans?

Super bonuses

Why can you get a gun anywhere? Why can you get an assault rifle?
Why can a regular person full out some forms and buy these killing machines?
Does everybody in the world that make decisions lack common fucking sense?

That's all, thanks for your time.
Post edited by Unknown User on
Drop the Leash...Get outta' my fuckin' face
«13

Comments

  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 1,120
    edited December 2012
    Well this ought to be fun

    :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn:

    bet the first response will be from either Aerial or Unsung
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • aerialaerial Posts: 2,319
    I would say protection....
    Why do we need abortion that's a killing machine?
    “We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.” Abraham Lincoln
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 1,120
    The following is brought to you by FoxNews.....
    aerial" said:
    I would say protection....
    Why do we need abortion that's a killing machine?
  • aerial" said:
    I would say protection....
    Why do we need abortion that's a killing machine?
    That is off topic and totally irrelevant here.
    Drop the Leash...Get outta' my fuckin' face
  • Why you need a gun?

    People can protect there family and themselves.
    If they don't hunt whats to say they dont enjoy going to shooting ranges and taking target practice.

    Concrete jungles!

    Maybe they are unsafe and carrying a concealed weapon makes them feel secure.

    Why shouldn't you be able to buy a gun at a business they are sold, it is no different than buying a car (proof of liscense and insurance before you leave the car lot). I am not sure what all the criteria you have to have to buy a gun, but if you purchase it legally what difference does it make.

    Not everyone in the world makes decisions lacking common sense. I have many friends that own guns and are responsible. I due not own guns, have no desire to own, hunt, or shoot anything, but I think that people should own them. Many people feed there families with their ability to hunt.

    I think people need to stop blaming guns for the terrible things that have happened recently. They are all tragedies, but everybody automatically goes crazy over guns and gun control. I think the parents of these kids should be held responsible. If your child has a mental illness, then having guns in the house is probably a bad idea. Parents seem to use schools as a 8 hour day care. I hear stories from friends and relatives that are teachers and have no backing from the parents when something occurs with their child.

    I think back to when I was in middle/high school 16-20 years ago and I was bullied and bullied other kids. They need to create their own coping mechanisms and overcome a little bit of an obstacle. I used it as encouragement to be better in life then them and feel that I have been able to do that. I know not every kid is able to think/act like that.
  • MotoDCMotoDC Posts: 947
    Nothing to see here.

    Move along.
  • Ok I'll ask it a different way. Why doesn't Canada have the same problems with guns as the United States?
    Do we feel safe enough in our country not to feel the need to protect ourselves and family?
    Maybe we have less crazy people in Canada that shoot people with assault rifles.

    Maybe the US should have the same gun laws as Canada for a year and see if it changes anything.
    Drop the Leash...Get outta' my fuckin' face
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    push me and i will resist" said:
    Ok I'll ask it a different way. Why doesn't Canada have the same problems with guns as the United States?
    Do we feel safe enough in our country not to feel the need to protect ourselves and family?
    Maybe we have less crazy people in Canada that shoot people with assault rifles.

    Maybe the US should have the same gun laws as Canada for a year and see if it changes anything.


    Not sure. Perhaps Canada feels the protection that the US provides them. It's easy to have a calm feeling politically, which trickles to down to social behaviors, when you know the neighbors to your south will pretty much protect you just to protect our own interests. Perhaps it's because Canada is much more rural than the US. Perhaps it's the fact that Canada's total population is about 10% of the US. Perhaps it's the fact more people live in the state of California than in the entire country of Canada.


    Apples and oranges.
    " I am sorry I am a Yankee fan because the Tigers are just better"

    I saw the band once on TV

    I am an angry black man
  • DS1119" said:
    [quote="push me and i will resist"]Ok I'll ask it a different way. Why doesn't Canada have the same problems with guns as the United States?
    Do we feel safe enough in our country not to feel the need to protect ourselves and family?
    Maybe we have less crazy people in Canada that shoot people with assault rifles.

    Maybe the US should have the same gun laws as Canada for a year and see if it changes anything.


    Not sure. Perhaps Canada feels the protection that the US provides them. It's easy to have a calm feeling politically, which trickles to down to social behaviors, when you know the neighbors to your south will pretty much protect you just to protect our own interests. Perhaps it's because Canada is much more rural than the US. Perhaps it's the fact that Canada's total population is about 10% of the US. Perhaps it's the fact more people live in the state of California than in the entire country of Canada.



    Apples and oranges.[/quote]

    All very valid points. Well said.
    These are just questions that I have, I just wish everybody could get along.
    I wish that mean people didn't have access to guns when angry or provoked.


    And so I'm clear, I'm not trying to stir shit up or cause fights or arguments with anybody.
    Drop the Leash...Get outta' my fuckin' face
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPROPosts: 122,853
    its all Hollywood fault...
    "....I'd rather be at Chicago Fishing Forum .."
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    dimitrispearljam" said:
    its all Hollywood fault...


    And if people don't buy into to that what people watch influences their decisions about what to do....well I would say just look at the commercials on tv and radio. Open a magazine or newspaper and throw away the articles. How many ads do you see. If people believe media and what we watch and read doesn't influence us you're blind.
    " I am sorry I am a Yankee fan because the Tigers are just better"

    I saw the band once on TV

    I am an angry black man
  • I think Canadians worry about the shit the USA can drag us into as much as or more than we feel protected by them. As far as why there is less gun violence in Canada , don't worry I'm sure we will pick up the pace.our government is working hard at dividing the people it is ment to represent while at the same time driving up fear of what is happening around us.
    John Roach
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,087
    I started a similar thread right after the Newtown shooting.

    There are three reasons:

    1. Hunting
    2. Target shooting
    3. Murder

    People claim "protection" but I'd like to see some statistics of when a gun actually protected someone.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

    Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    We have a very violent young generation coming up.
    Atlanta has a lot of senseless killing.

    Did they really have to kill the boy for his Nike shoes?
    Did they have to shoot the man at the car dealership to steal the truck?
    Dead boy found... shot, took his cell phone walking home Christmas Eve from work
    going to his mother's place for a family celebration. His last words moments before he was killed
    "I love you Mom see you soon." For a phone they killed him?

    These just happened this past week. Home invasions, robberies, car jackings,
    GA Tech students can't walk the streets. They want to be able to carry a gun for protection.

    Good people choose to own a gun for protection. Bad people choose to own a gun to
    prey upon the good.
    As long as there are bad people with guns good people need the choice to own one.

    "Judge yourself if you feel the need
    Just let me known to be
    In search of the truth myself
    There is a drop of blood on the ground
    And it seems to me that it's not my kind
    And I can't be sure if its yours or mine."
  • know1" said:
    I started a similar thread right after the Newtown shooting.

    There are three reasons:

    1. Hunting
    2. Target shooting
    3. Murder

    People claim "protection" but I'd like to see some statistics of when a gun actually protected someone.
    I would like to see those same statistics. Your 3 reasons are on my wavelength
    Drop the Leash...Get outta' my fuckin' face
  • otterotter Posts: 523
    What's the difference? Who cares why someone "needs" a gun? If you want one get one, if you don't don't. But don't question someone for doing what they have a right to do.

    Maybe they like how they look...maybe they think they are cool...maybe they get a thrill when they blast up some cans...who the fuck cares?

    Let me ask you...

    Why do you want to give so much power to the federal government? Why does anyone trust the government? Why do people think it is a good idea to empower a bunch of government workers with their health care?

    It is so nuts...people think Obama is their town mayor and he cares about them personally. I'll pull the covers out from over your eyes...the guy has a warped sense of America.

    "don't follow the leaders...watch your parking meters"
    I found my place......and it's alright
  • otterotter Posts: 523
    push me and i will resist" said:
    Ok I'll ask it a different way. Why doesn't Canada have the same problems with guns as the United States?
    Do we feel safe enough in our country not to feel the need to protect ourselves and family?
    Maybe we have less crazy people in Canada that shoot people with assault rifles.

    Maybe the US should have the same gun laws as Canada for a year and see if it changes anything.
    Have you ever been to Canada?
    I found my place......and it's alright
  • Simple answer is that bad people will always GET guns, therefore good people NEED to have them!
    Theres no time like the present

    A man that stands for nothing....will fall for anything!

    All people need to do more on every level!
  • DS1119" said:

    Not sure. Perhaps Canada feels the protection that the US provides them. It's easy to have a calm feeling politically, which trickles to down to social behaviors, when you know the neighbors to your south will pretty much protect you just to protect our own interests. Perhaps it's because Canada is much more rural than the US. Perhaps it's the fact that Canada's total population is about 10% of the US. Perhaps it's the fact more people live in the state of California than in the entire country of Canada.


    Apples and oranges.
    total population makes absolutely no difference. if it did, people in Japan should be killing each other at one person every second.

    who in their right mind buys a gun because of a belief of protection from another country's military? you're really stretching here, DS.

    Canada is much more rural than the US? really? and all these mass shootings happen in major centres such as New York? what's the population of Newtown again? and Columbine? And Aurora?
    image
    The Fucking Headstones
  • otter" said:
    What's the difference? Who cares why someone "needs" a gun? If you want one get one, if you don't don't. But don't question someone for doing what they have a right to do.

    Maybe they like how they look...maybe they think they are cool...maybe they get a thrill when they blast up some cans...who the fuck cares?

    Let me ask you...

    Why do you want to give so much power to the federal government? Why does anyone trust the government? Why do people think it is a good idea to empower a bunch of government workers with their health care?

    It is so nuts...people think Obama is their town mayor and he cares about them personally. I'll pull the covers out from over your eyes...the guy has a warped sense of America.

    "don't follow the leaders...watch your parking meters"
    :shock: *backs away slowly*
    image
    The Fucking Headstones
  • otterotter Posts: 523
    Hugh Freaking Dillon" said:
    [quote="otter"]What's the difference? Who cares why someone "needs" a gun? If you want one get one, if you don't don't. But don't question someone for doing what they have a right to do.

    Maybe they like how they look...maybe they think they are cool...maybe they get a thrill when they blast up some cans...who the fuck cares?

    Let me ask you...

    Why do you want to give so much power to the federal government? Why does anyone trust the government? Why do people think it is a good idea to empower a bunch of government workers with their health care?

    It is so nuts...people think Obama is their town mayor and he cares about them personally. I'll pull the covers out from over your eyes...the guy has a warped sense of America.

    "don't follow the leaders...watch your parking meters"
    :shock: *backs away slowly*[/quote]

    typical close minded, non-educated, feeler. Can't take reality; it's so much easier to close your eyes and "back away slowly" instead of thinking and confronting the truth when it is different than your simplistic answer.

    People like you project your ideas (originated in your own mind) onto others and then believe it is reality. And listen to those who do the same to validate your crazy ideas. This is why Americans are vilifying the successful. Pathetic.

    Take a minute and think for yourself. I bet you believe the global warming non-sense even though it has been reported that the scientists who Gore and the others referenced were lying. Instead of rejoicing in the fact that humanity is not doomed you instead look for other reasons to believe. Wake up brother.
    I found my place......and it's alright
  • otter" said:
    [quote="push me and i will resist"]Ok I'll ask it a different way. Why doesn't Canada have the same problems with guns as the United States?
    Do we feel safe enough in our country not to feel the need to protect ourselves and family?
    Maybe we have less crazy people in Canada that shoot people with assault rifles.

    Maybe the US should have the same gun laws as Canada for a year and see if it changes anything.
    Have you ever been to Canada?[/quote]

    Sure have pal, I live there. Have lived there my whole life. Aside from 3 years when I was a teenager I lived in Alaska.

    Have you been to Canada? Do you live there?
    Drop the Leash...Get outta' my fuckin' face
  • I guess all I'm trying to say is this.

    If people didn't have such easy access to guns, and there weren't so many guns out there, whether legally or illegally there probably wouldn't be so many problems.

    1. I don't buy the "I need a gun for protection". That is a crock of shit.
    2. Guns are meant for 1 thing.....pulling the trigger and shooting a bullet, either 1 at a time or a thousand in a second. Either way bullets do damage, whether a can, target or person.
    3. Odds are if the gun laws are changed there will be change.
    Drop the Leash...Get outta' my fuckin' face
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,087
    fear4freedom" said:
    Simple answer is that bad people will always GET guns, therefore good people NEED to have them!
    Definitions of good and bad are highly subjective. In my opinion, if you own a gun for anything other than hunting or target shooting, you're bad.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

    Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • know1" said:
    [quote="fear4freedom"]Simple answer is that bad people will always GET guns, therefore good people NEED to have them!
    Definitions of good and bad are highly subjective. In my opinion, if you own a gun for anything other than hunting or target shooting, you're bad.[/quote]

    WOW So 80 million good citizens have been deemed bad by you? So even though %80 of the nation is doing great regarding crime, you demonize the people within that highly successful area. You also now think that all the good people are the same as the shooter in Connecticut now? OH ok! Its people like you that are not making policy....i hope and pray! Your world will get very dark soon if you dont see the good in society.

    Our success rate is unbelievable regarding guns! You know how many times a gun saved lives last year?
    Theres no time like the present

    A man that stands for nothing....will fall for anything!

    All people need to do more on every level!
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    know1" said:

    Definitions of good and bad are highly subjective. In my opinion, if you own a gun for anything other than hunting or target shooting, you're bad.
    You know I really like you and agree with much you say. I feel the gentleness,
    the good and logic you bring.

    I must say here...
    I pray you are never at the mercy of a bad person.
    It will be apparent the difference between good and bad gun owners.
    It is in the heart, or lack of it, it is the motive ...

    The bad they will not value you at all. And your loved ones will mourn their loss,
    as millions do across our country.

    As the Mama here in Atlanta just miles from my home,
    who's heart was broken as Jesus' birthday dawned ...
    all for a cell phone.

    "Judge yourself if you feel the need
    Just let me known to be
    In search of the truth myself
    There is a drop of blood on the ground
    And it seems to me that it's not my kind
    And I can't be sure if its yours or mine."
  • otter" said:
    [quote="Hugh Freaking Dillon"][quote="otter"]What's the difference? Who cares why someone "needs" a gun? If you want one get one, if you don't don't. But don't question someone for doing what they have a right to do.

    Maybe they like how they look...maybe they think they are cool...maybe they get a thrill when they blast up some cans...who the fuck cares?

    Let me ask you...

    Why do you want to give so much power to the federal government? Why does anyone trust the government? Why do people think it is a good idea to empower a bunch of government workers with their health care?

    It is so nuts...people think Obama is their town mayor and he cares about them personally. I'll pull the covers out from over your eyes...the guy has a warped sense of America.

    "don't follow the leaders...watch your parking meters"
    :shock: *backs away slowly*[/quote]

    typical close minded, non-educated, feeler. Can't take reality; it's so much easier to close your eyes and "back away slowly" instead of thinking and confronting the truth when it is different than your simplistic answer.

    People like you project your ideas (originated in your own mind) onto others and then believe it is reality. And listen to those who do the same to validate your crazy ideas. This is why Americans are vilifying the successful. Pathetic.

    Take a minute and think for yourself. I bet you believe the global warming non-sense even though it has been reported that the scientists who Gore and the others referenced were lying. Instead of rejoicing in the fact that humanity is not doomed you instead look for other reasons to believe. Wake up brother.[/quote]

    wow. that's quite the summary of me based on an emoticon. welcome to the train. you'll fit in well here.
    image
    The Fucking Headstones
  • fear4freedom" said:
    [quote="know1"][quote="fear4freedom"]Simple answer is that bad people will always GET guns, therefore good people NEED to have them!
    Definitions of good and bad are highly subjective. In my opinion, if you own a gun for anything other than hunting or target shooting, you're bad.[/quote]

    WOW So 80 million good citizens have been deemed bad by you? So even though %80 of the nation is doing great regarding crime, you demonize the people within that highly successful area. You also now think that all the good people are the same as the shooter in Connecticut now? OH ok! Its people like you that are not making policy....i hope and pray! Your world will get very dark soon if you dont see the good in society.

    Our success rate is unbelievable regarding guns! You know how many times a gun saved lives last year?[/quote]


    First, yes I would like to know how many times a gun saved a life last year. Also you seem to be the type to bait people with your typical 1 sided argument, you always seem to have all the facts. You must either be really good with the google machine. Also join reality man , society is fucked... You can't see that. You must be programmed by your government and obviously you are a religious type, so explain to me how your success rate is unbelievable with guns.
    Drop the Leash...Get outta' my fuckin' face
  • AND YOUR SOLUTION IS TO TAKE AWAY THE GUNS FROM AMERICANS??? Cause guess what bud, we got 196 nations in the neighborhood and the black market will be emboldened if we create a vacuum of demand over supply! The pressure on the southern border will intensify and there will be guns coming here faster than drugs! In a country of 320 million people that are raised the way we raise them, im surprised there isnt a shooting like this once per year!
    Things you cannot see....i am obsessed with! Things we cannot see we cannot measure. We dont know the true answer to how many lives guns have saved....we have to have common sense in understanding human nature. We have to have faith that in the end, its all worth it. The policies we put forth do save lives and provide a safety net for millions. Bad guys decide "not" to do many things! Its a deterrent in every case.
    Also, %80 of the nation is very peaceful. The %20 that is not, has gun restrictions! Look at Chicago, toughest gun laws and has the worst crime and the most murders.

    There will always be a black market gun phenomenon if you do away with guns. Who are you to say that taking away all the guns will solve the problem? Guns are all over the world my friend, and if you take them away from the American public, then the black market would be empowered! GOT IT?
    Theres no time like the present

    A man that stands for nothing....will fall for anything!

    All people need to do more on every level!
  • fear4freedom" said:
    AND YOUR SOLUTION IS TO TAKE AWAY THE GUNS FROM AMERICANS??? Cause guess what bud, we got 196 nations in the neighborhood and the black market will be emboldened if we create a vacuum of demand over supply! The pressure on the southern border will intensify and there will be guns coming here faster than drugs! In a country of 320 million people that are raised the way we raise them, im surprised there isnt a shooting like this once per year!
    Things you cannot see....i am obsessed with! Things we cannot see we cannot measure. We dont know the true answer to how many lives guns have saved....we have to have common sense in understanding human nature. We have to have faith that in the end, its all worth it. The policies we put forth do save lives and provide a safety net for millions. Bad guys decide "not" to do many things! Its a deterrent in every case.
    Also, %80 of the nation is very peaceful. The %20 that is not, has gun restrictions! Look at Chicago, toughest gun laws and has the worst crime and the most murders.

    There will always be a black market gun phenomenon if you do away with guns. Who are you to say that taking away all the guns will solve the problem? Guns are all over the world my friend, and if you take them away from the American public, then the black market would be empowered! GOT IT?
    I keep hearing the one example of Chicago. do any of you people have any other examples? you can't build a whole argument with one fact.
    image
    The Fucking Headstones
«13
Sign In or Register to comment.