Options

hey cricket fans.. TONY GREIG dies. :(

catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8586394

Cricketing legend Tony Greig has died of lung cancer, the Nine Network has announced.

The former England Test cricketer turned Channel Nine commentator was 66 and had been diagnosed with the illness just two months ago.

Greig first became aware he had a problem during Australia's one-day series against Pakistan in Dubai in August and September.

Initially diagnosed with bronchitis in May, the condition lingered and, by the time of the ICC World Twenty20 that finished in Sri Lanka in October, Greig had tests that revealed a small lesion at the base of his right lung.

On his return to Australia he had fluid removed from the right lung and testing revealed he had lung cancer.

Last month, he spoke to the Channel Nine commentary team, of which he is usually a member, during their coverage of the first Test between Australia and South Africa in Brisbane.

Greig was candid about the disease.

"It's not good. The truth is I've got lung cancer. Now it's a case of what they can do," Greig said.

He had on operation later that month.

The South Africa-born all-rounder made his Test debut against Australia in 1972 and had a five-year international career including a stint as captain of England.

Greig then enjoyed a long career as a commentator on Channel Nine after being offered the job by Kerry Packer.
hear my name
take a good look
this could be the day
hold my hand
lie beside me
i just need to say
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments