Options

Pittsburgh = Awesome!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    I loved it. The song selection was great! I posted under the review thread.
    too tired to type more.

I will definitely buy the bootleg, the acoustics were good to my non musician ears.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    DeLukin wrote:
    That's what bug me... looking at the setlist doesn't do the show justice. EVERYTHING was played with emotion and the crowd was right there. I said in an earlier post that Black actually put a tear in my eye and it's not even in my top 20 PJ songs! It was anything but a typical. If your only complaint about the show is that they didn't play enough rarities then maybe you're going to shows for the wrong reasons...

I was wondering if ed was crying after black when he was singing part of that song it's ok. his voice got weak.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    i would be SHOCKED if there was a better crowd on this entire US tour...the crowd tonight makes the MSG03 crowd (dvd) look pathetic..this was the most energetic crowd i could have ever hoped for...there were no dull sections anywhere, the whole place was rockin!
  • Options
    rats619rats619 Posts: 72
    Neither is Garden or Man of the Hour.

So we've decided that, aside from Dissident, I Got Shit, Garden, In Hiding, Smile, Man of the Hour, and Waiting on a Friend, PJ just played a bunch of songs they've played before.

ok i'll give you waiting and moth but not the others...

dissident - 156 times played (6th most on vs)
    i got shit - 101 times played (alot for soundtrack song)
    garden is not played often but it has been played 99 times and 9 times this tour alone

i meant no disrespect to the show itself...it was fun. i guess for an "oldhead" i could do without any song from ten to vitalogy.
  • Options
    luca girlluca girl Posts: 14
    can someone answer this question for me please, it has been bugging me since last night....

why, why, why does everyone just basically stand around, nod, and clap to most of the pj songs (with the exception of a few fans), but then ritfw is played and the whole place goes nuts? i f'n love that song, but you best believe that i am dancing my bare-footed ass off for just about every pearl jam song that they play (just ask anyone near the back of sec.6). it seems to me like everyone is waiting until the end to let loose, and just when they get into the show, it's over. i don't know if any of you see what i'm saying or not, or if i'll ever understand this shit, but whatever. btw, i'm all for enjoying the show in any way that appeals to you, i just don't get why ppl rock out the hardest to a cover song. please enlighten me.
    Caught a bolt 'a lightnin'...cursed the day he let it go...

Please say, that if you hadn't of gone now
    I wouldn't have lost you another way
  • Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    luca girl wrote:
    can someone answer this question for me please, it has been bugging me since last night....

why, why, why does everyone just basically stand around, nod, and clap to most of the pj songs (with the exception of a few fans), but then ritfw is played and the whole place goes nuts? i f'n love that song, but you best believe that i am dancing my bare-footed ass off for just about every pearl jam song that they play (just ask anyone near the back of sec.6). it seems to me like everyone is waiting until the end to let loose, and just when they get into the show, it's over. i don't know if any of you see what i'm saying or not, or if i'll ever understand this shit, but whatever. btw, i'm all for enjoying the show in any way that appeals to you, i just don't get why ppl rock out the hardest to a cover song. please enlighten me.
    Bare-foot? :eek:

Oh man ... some of the shit I've seen on the floors ... ick .....
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    yeah, my stupid shoes starting bothering me and i hate wearing shoes anyway, so i said fuck it, and took them off. in the moment, i wasn't caring about the shit on the floor.

• Options
    Cause most dudes won't dance.........me on the other hand, I'll bust a tasty groove with the best of em........
    "Drumming is my madness" - Ringo Starr
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    rats619 wrote:
    in hiding and smile make the show. but the rest of the set list = typical.

camden#2, and nj#2 set lists blow pitts away.

i was at both of those so thank you. I've seen 6 shows and no release so i'm jsut bummed about that. Smile I was hoping for in NJ 2, but hearing LBC, In Hiding, Rats, and Inside Job for the first time was incredible.
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    isn't the whole show just more fun when you dance? maybe most dudes won't dance, but everyone was feelin' it during ritfw. that's why i'm confused.

• Options
    m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
    oh god the yinzer nation
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • Options
    Ahhhh I wonder if the crowd did compare in Eddie's view to New York and Boston, as he told us to be louder than them :):):)
    Not sure if we were, I was the loudest in section C24 I can tell ya that and all I could hear was myself singing :)
  • Options
    inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    i am not trying to be negative at ALL let me get that out of the way from the start b4 someone bites my head off... how many does people does mellon hold?? i was a bit surprised at how many emptly seats there were... i mean i know Wachovia holds more and it was packed to the rafters in october 05... and same with philly spectrum 03 (just to compare inside arenas) as far as the people that were there i couldn't have been in better company, truly a great atmosphere and a kick ass time!!!! oh well just something that struck me as odd when i gazed around b4 they turned the lights off...
    i want to say 17,000 something. it's set up stupid though, the top sections e & f are only on the sides so that closes off an entire section behind the stage. in 03 they didn't have the curtain up. there were empty seats but they weren't really empty, it's deceiving how it's set up there.
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • Options
    inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    Ahhhh I wonder if the crowd did compare in Eddie's view to New York and Boston, as he told us to be louder than them :):):)
    Not sure if we were, I was the loudest in section C24 I can tell ya that and all I could hear was myself singing :)
    i didn't have a voice left at that point to yell!
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • Options
    rats619 wrote:
    ok i'll give you waiting and moth but not the others...

dissident - 156 times played (6th most on vs)
    i got shit - 101 times played (alot for soundtrack song)
    garden is not played often but it has been played 99 times and 9 times this tour alone

i meant no disrespect to the show itself...it was fun. i guess for an "oldhead" i could do without any song from ten to vitalogy.
    uh, dood. way too much spare time. a good show is a good show. its not a b-side contest, its a concert. the setlist rocked. congrats on being the top man in stats on the entire site, but jesus. chill out. lol.
    luca girl wrote:

from my position (6th row center) everyone was jamming out the entire time. if everyone was nodding and clapping in your section at least they were doing that and not sitting down checking their watches. the crowd was awesome everytime i turned around to have a look. glad you were busting a move in your section. good stuff.
    John C. Lyons, Filmmaker
    www.LyonsDenProductions.net

143XXX
    2006 Tour: 5/20/06 - Cleveland and 6/23/06 - Pittsburgh
  • Options
    elevation622elevation622 Posts: 926
    hey was, Waiting on A friend acoustic? man, wish I heard that one! good for you fuckers that were there!
  • Options
    tremorvoidtremorvoid Posts: 528
    iluvcats wrote:
    I was wondering if ed was crying after black when he was singing part of that song it's ok. his voice got weak.

i think theres a good possibility he had tears in his eyes....his voice was very shaky at the end and he just had this look of almost pain on his face...and then remember after he finished singing....he turned his back to the crowd till the song was over. it was very emotional. i think i got a tear in my eye.

and pitt was anything BUT typical. if you werent there...they you wouldnt understand. the setlist was off the hook! like all my favs...and they were some extremely intense versions of those songs...ed was on a roll all night...very chatty....

its always hard for me to rank the best shows since they are all awesome...but so far....cleveland and pittsburgh have blown the other 2006 shows ive seen so far. and this seems to be a tend in my opinion...the 03 tour...both ctown and pitt were unforgettable!

im glad i made it! and got hooked up with great seats again! and i got to talk to some people i havent seen or talked to in a while...

but yeah....overall....fuckin amazing show! it was like shock and awe for most of it! :D
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder
    To find an approach and a way to live
    Are we getting something out of this
    all-encompassing trip?