Options

Fleetwood Mac

2»

Comments

• Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I love Fleetwood Mac...Gold Dust Woman is one of the greatest songs ever written. Put that song on really loud and just sit back...
    So I was excited to see they are coming down here to FLa this summer, but I logged on for presale tickets yesterday and the seats werent too great and were $332 for a pair.

I think i'll just bust out the vinyls tonight.

Yeah I had a similar issue with presale tix. I'm gonna wait til the show gets closer and ticket prices drop. The seats were AWFUL for a presale!

Crazy...Im a bit surprised.
    I recall back in the late nineties when they reformed for the first time In awhile for a tour...I called up exactly when they went on sale and all they had was obstructed view! I imagined myself just standing one inch behind a hairy and smelly Andre the Giant...in reality I was aware that it was a pole or something, I was quite the pessimist. I'll try your plan later too -- see if they are cheaper or better...the other weird thing is, thought I love Fleetwood Mac, some of the classic rock bands I just dont get as excited to see as I first imagined I would.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,317
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    igotid88 wrote:

:shock:

Yes please!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    gabers wrote:
    I've had Go Your Own Way stuck in my head for the last two days! No idea why.

Was driving home the other day and this song came on. Cranked it up. Remembered back when my older cousins used to play it at the lake in the 70s.

Rumours is one of the top albums of all time.

Monday Morning (off self titled album was another wicked wicked tune)
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Noticed I hadn't loaded my Fleetwood Mac in iTunes.

How good is 'Hold Me'?

Been grooving to these guys today since stumbling upon this thread.
  • Options
    kwdaleykwdaley Posts: 499
    Picked up 4th row tickets to their show in April. Rumours is hands down one of the best crafted albums from start to finish. Never get tired of it.
    Ottawa 2011
    London 2013 "The Dundas Hookers on Crack" Show
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Saw them last night!! INCREDIBLE show!!! I'm so glad I finally got to see them. And don't hate me for saying this, but I'm glad that McVie wasn't on this tour...her songs are probably my least fave of their catalog. They played for 2 1/2 hours...super long jam for Gold Dust Woman which was incredible included. They also did a lot of storytelling throughout, which is cool to me because I'm fascinated by the whole Buckingham/Nicks relationship.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Saw them last night!! INCREDIBLE show!!! I'm so glad I finally got to see them. And don't hate me for saying this, but I'm glad that McVie wasn't on this tour...her songs are probably my least fave of their catalog. They played for 2 1/2 hours...super long jam for Gold Dust Woman which was incredible included. They also did a lot of storytelling throughout, which is cool to me because I'm fascinated by the whole Buckingham/Nicks relationship.

Lucky you ... I wasn't able to see them last night and was quite disappointed to miss one of my favorite bands not to mention I just love Stevie Nicks. :D

I too love the whole Buckinham/Nicks relationship.

I did see Stevie last year with Rod Stewart - she was incredible but it would of been a dream come true to see Fleetwood Mac....
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    edited March 2014
    Been listening to Rumours quite a bit lately. What a great album.

Is there a good book on these guys? Would love to read a history of this band with all the crazy relationships and shit that went on with them.
    Post edited by Indifference71 on
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Must. See. Them!!

Their Oct. 22 Michigan show is just before my birthday, that makes me happy :)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    You guys heard that Christine McVie will be on this tour, right?
    It's been like 16 years since she "retired" - I never ever thought she'd return.
    It's gonna be incredible -DO NOT MISS IT!
  • Options
    This, alone, will be well-worth the price of admission...

http://youtu.be/eLRyYETnoIE
    Ottawa 2011
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    I can believe that.
    I'm glad she's back.
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Got my tickets to see them in Michigan today :):)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    Got tickets for Ottawa. Didn't break the bank as this is the 3rd time I see them.
    Ottawa 2011
  • Options
    I'm envious of the concert goers in this thread. Man does this tune bring back some memories:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxNQ6e-EZJE

Such an awesome band. In the 70s they were massive. My parents played and played and played their 8-tracks at the lake and every time I hear their music, I'm taken to that spot in time with blue skies, a clean, clear lake, and sunshine. Stubby beer bottles and teeny weeny swimming trunks too!

I always wonder what songs my kids will end up associating with their childhood.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    The guitar solo at that goes the entire last minute of Go Your Own Way is on my top 10 list for sure. Shredded.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Other side of the mirror, brilliant album, i would post the cover but i dont know how to..
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,685
    I like all the Fleetwood Mac incarnations but always have favored the earlier band led by Peter Green. Not long after leaving the band, Green put out an astonishing instrumental album called "The End of the Game". A bit pricey (especially a clean copy with the original cover) but well worth having if you're a Peter Green fan. Here's a great cut off that album:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Tx2vypcFYQ
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,849
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Stevie Nicks always wanted to be a Heartbreaker. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,282

Get well LB!!!!!