Options

Band afraid to admit its over ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    pandora wrote:
    Being my age ...
    old :lol:

I worry much more about health issues for them then I do them deciding to disband.
    Their well being and happiness is of most importance.

THIS :clap:
  • Options
    dr122931dr122931 Posts: 455
    I think they just like doing what they want, when they want. I wish they played 100 shows a year and played the south, but the fact is they don't want to do either. I think the guys love being in PJ and I don't see them calling it quits anytime soon, however I think it will continue at a much slower pace than in years prior.
    The only real fear I have deals with soundgarden. I'm a big SG fan, but much bigger PJ fan. I've read countless interviews where the guys in PJ say how much they love Matt and he will be their last drummer. I fear that SG could take Matt out of PJ for longer periods of time and the albums and tours will be less frequent.
  • Options
    The few festival dates with PJ give them the cash.
    The sideprojects is what they really want too do.

They seem reluctant to really be in the band and do things together.

Yeah, I think there are not many years left before they are over or in some sort of endless hiatus.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Relax. It's not over. :D The band members are just enjoying doing some solo stuff right now. Once they get back in the studio, I'm thinking we should have a PJ record in mid- late 2013. All is good. Ed also mentioned on his solo trek, that he is looking to report back to the other fellas in PJ for the next tour. Here'es to hoping the South gets some 2013 tour love. :D Once, they feel like getting back in the studio, they will have fresh creative ideas, and the new record will be done once they are ready. They definitely aren't going to tour like they did in the early 90's, but they do tour still, and it will be great to see them again.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,425
    red mos wrote:
    Relax. It's not over. :D The band members are just enjoying doing some solo stuff right now. Once they get back in the studio, I'm thinking we should have a PJ record in mid- late 2013. All is good. Ed also mentioned on his solo trek, that he is looking to report back to the other fellas in PJ for the next tour. Here'es to hoping the South gets some 2013 tour love. :D Once, they feel like getting back in the studio, they will have fresh creative ideas, and the new record will be done once they are ready. They definitely aren't going to tour like they did in the early 90's, but they do tour still, and it will be great to see them again.

Totally agree with this. The sky is not falling people.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore