Options

The 3rd Annual Ten Club Rock N' Art Poster Convention

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,838
    From Jeff Soto ...

"Bringing a bunch of original inkings this Sunday to the Ten Club Poster Convention! Come by and say hi! #sho http://t.co/1j8y63JW "
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Hello Lovely Seattle Peeps,

I will be in Seattle this weekend if anyone wants to meet up for a drink or coffee or anything.
    This will be my first time coming to Seattle (currently living in San Francisco, but I am an Australian).

Let me know :)

I will also be at the poster convention too, if you will be there it would be lovely to meet you.

Cheers.

Would love to meet more peeps!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    wait, I just printed out my pass, and since my other half is NOT a member, does that mean I leave him out in the rain for half an hour? :?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    RKCNDY wrote:
    wait, I just printed out my pass, and since my other half is NOT a member, does that mean I leave him out in the rain for half an hour? :?

I thought you were dropping him off at the bar to watch football :lol:
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Suziemay wrote:
    Need to stop looking at flights to Seattle before I "accidentally" purchase one :lol::lol:

Hey!! You just bought refills for your case. I think you need to fill them.... :oops:

I didn't just buy refills, I bought a whole other case! :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    Need to stop looking at flights to Seattle before I "accidentally" purchase one :lol::lol:

Hey!! You just bought refills for your case. I think you need to fill them.... :oops:

I didn't just buy refills, I bought a whole other case! :lol::lol::lol:

Well, in that case it's a no brainer. Can't leave that thing empty....
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

Wait. You wouldn't WANT to? I know my wife would. She'd actually ask if they could hold me longer.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    I hadn't noticed my membership had lapsed and I wanted to make sure I get in early on Sunday, so I renewed today. I hope I can still get this pass emailed to me. I contacted the Ten Club, I hope they can make it happen
  • Options

Really? You like Jen Club and a pack of poster tubes posing as cancer sticks on your wall? :lol:

EDIT: I'm kidding. That's just how this poster struck me when I first saw it.

collecting posters is just as addictive as smoking... :lol:
    dougfloyd wrote:
    I thought you were dropping him off at the bar to watch football :lol:

apparently, now he wants to go...(I don't think he realizes that I want to get there early and I'm going to nerd out with my other poster buddies there).
    Wait. You wouldn't WANT to? I know my wife would. She'd actually ask if they could hold me longer.

I can't buy posters or a Benny based on my looks alone...

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    It's gonna be a flipping delight on Sunday
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

I was wondering the same thing...It's only one pass right?
    And...I haven't gotten my pass yet! :?
    7/15/2011 - Benoroya Hall - (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Seattle, WA
    4/2/2008 - The Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Vancouver, WA
    9/21/2009 Key Arena - Seattle, WA
    7/22/2006 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,838
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=199994

"What to expect from Ten Club’s poster convention & Pearl Jam pop-up shop" By Travis Hay

gxeZ3.png?1

Pearl Jam’s Ten Club is hosting its third annual Rock and Art Poster Convention at Showbox at the Market on Sunday. As previously reported, the event will be more than just a poster show as it will also feature the first ever Pearl Jam pop-up shop. This means along with getting to check out and purchase art from the likes of Ames Bros., Frida Clements and other talented artists you’ll also get a chance to pick up some rare Pearl Jam merchandise including items from previous tours, vinyl and some limited-edition goodies. Earlier this week I caught up with Tim Bierman, the manager of Ten Club, and asked him what fans can expect from the pop-up shop and poster con.

The rare items will be priced like they are rare items

One of the things about the pop-up shop that caught the attention of Pearl Jam fans was when Bierman mentioned that the rare Benaroya Hall vinyl set will be for sale. The set was limited to a pressing of only 2,000 and is selling online for between $800 and $3,000. It’s a collector’s item every Pearl Jam fan drools over and its rarity will be reflected in its price at the pop-up shop.

“We have a limited number of them but they’re not going to be cheap. They’re going to be lower priced than what you’ll see on eBay but we aren’t going to sell them at a price where people will be going right back and selling them on eBay. The purpose of this pop-up shop and sale isn’t to stock people’s eBay accounts. That’s not what we’re doing,” Bierman said. “We’d like to come up with a fair price for some of these items so that people who really want them, and who make an effort to get out here for this show, would be happy to pay a good price to have what they would consider a prized possession.”

Bierman wouldn’t disclose the price point for the Benaroya Hall vinyl or how many would be available. He also didn’t want to reveal specifics on what other rare items would be for sale and emphasized that the pop-up shop is for the fans.

“It’s an opportunity for us to take some items we have been sitting on and make them available to serious collectors in a face-to-face, non-eBay, non-online kind of way,” said Bierman. “We’re going to have some rare posters for sale but I’m not going to say which ones and we’ll also have some tour merchandise available. Stuff that hasn’t been available anywhere except for when the band is on the road. There will be some recent stuff and some older stuff. It’s going to be a nice mix of things. The band places a premium on the live experience and fans being able to feel like they are a part of that with their tour merch. So there’s a lot of tour merch that will just never see the light of day again. But that being said, there’s going to be a lot of items for sale that we think the fans will really, really like.”

It’s about the community

The first Ten Club poster con happened in 2010 at the Showbox. It was so successful that it paved the way for the second poster con to happen at the PJ 20 festival in Wisconsin last year.

“We noticed the lines to get into the poster con were as long as the lines for beer, or food, or even the museum. There was a real community of fans who wanted to see and collect posters. It’s another way for the fans to connect to the artists and to the band as well,” Bierman said.

“I think that Pearl Jam, as much as any artist out there, has been instrumental in developing this culture of making individual posters for events. … The way the culture of Pearl Jam has worked over the years has been that all of the creative forces that go into making what happens with Pearl Jam creatively — be it the people in the crew, the management, the members of the band, the fans, or these poster artists — they’re all connected somehow. This is a really good way for the artists who create these amazing pieces of art to get to showcase their work and connect with the fans.”

There won’t be a Pearl Jam museum on display

A post on the Pearl Jam forums earlier this month accidentally revealed the poster con and pop-up shop before it was officially announced and it contained inaccurate information about the show featuring a Pearl Jam museum similar to the one that was on display at the band’s PJ 20 music festival. Bierman said that the museum pieces will not be on display.
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    demetrios wrote:
    http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=199994

"What to expect from Ten Club’s poster convention & Pearl Jam pop-up shop" By Travis Hay

Nice, very excited to hear about what they have on Sunday!
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,470
    sweet
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Highly disappointed there won't be the museum pieces there. One of the main reasons I was going. I didn't get to see them at PJ20. Shit. :cry:
  • Options
    Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Would love to meet more peeps!

Yay! Pm sent.
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    If anyone is going and happens to see an old vitalogy face mask and grabs it for me I'd pay the cost and throw sumpin else in for the trouble. Like a good poster or sumpin. Been looking for one for years. Thanks.
    Jamie
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    shit. perfect time for my printer to run out of ink. :fp: fedex kinko's here i come! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    shit. perfect time for my printer to run out of ink. :fp: fedex kinko's here i come! :D

I was hoping that I could just show them the email with the coupon on my iphone. Save paper, save trees, save the earth etc.
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    mfc2006 wrote:

I was hoping that I could just show them the email with the coupon on my iphone. Save paper, save trees, save the earth etc.

that's a great idea! i now have my backup plan! :D (because i know that i'll forget the printout)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

that's a great idea! i now have my backup plan! :D (because i know that i'll forget the printout)

I will argue the point with you, while everyone else gets let in and buys the Benny's :fp:
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    http://invisible-industries.com/?p=1820
    Munk One | Official Show Print for Eddie Vedder | Orlando Florida
    Artists S/N Edition of 200
    Signed and Numbered by Munk One
    18″x24″
    5 color print on White Stock
    Made in the U.S.A.

This print, along with 2 other new Munk One Signed and Numbered AP’S (Tulsa and Tennessee) will be available for purchase (while supplies last) at the Invisible Industries Booth during the Third Annual Rock & Art Poster Convention, Sunday, December 2nd 2012 at “The Showbox At The Market” in Seattle Washington. 1pm, All Ages, Free Admission. Remaining prints will be released online at Invisible-Industries.com at a later date to be announced.

Just Added! Live painting by Jeff Soto, Maxx242 and Munk One during the event.

For More Poster Show Info: CLICK HERE

#Munk_One, #Invisible_Ind, #Worldwide,
    http://www.MunkOne.com | http://www.Invisible-Industries.com
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    I NEED THE CHUCK SPERRY PRINT!!!!!!!

TEN-CLUB-RAPC-WEB1-250x300.jpg
    Ten Club Rock & Art Poster Convention

20 x 24

Edition of 20

5 colors on acid-free textured paper

Signed and Numbered

I’ll be making these available only at the Ten Club Rock & Art Poster Convention on Sunday, December 2, 2012. One per person to the first 20.
    http://chucksperry.net/

Someone want to pick it up for me? :mrgreen:

Clearly inspired by this which I've ALWAYS loved!
    nipper-gramophone.jpg
  • Options
    Final BowFinal Bow flying Posts: 486
    ISO - a poster buddy
    From germany to Seattle it's nearly impossible to go for one weekend :fp:

Please pm me. :corn:
    I would money in advance via paypal.
    I appreciate your help :-)
    Jun 05, 1992; Nov 04, 1996; Jun 09, 2000; Jun 26, 2000; Aug 29 2006, Sep 16, 2006; Sep 23, 2006; Sep 25, 2006; Sep 30, 2006; Jun 12, 2007; Jun 13, 2007; Jun 18, 2007; Jun 21, 2007; Jun 26, 2007; Jun 28, 2007; Jun 17, 2008; Jun 19, 2008; Jun 20; 2008; Jun 22, 2008; Jun 24, 2008; Jun 25, 2008; Aug 13, 2009; Aug 15; 2009; Aug 18, 2009; Oct 06, 2009; Oct 07, 2009; Oct 09, 2009; Jun 22; 2010; Jun 23, 2010; Jun 25, 2010; Jun 30, 2010; Sept 03, 2011; Sept 04, 2011; Sept 07, 2011; Sept 14, 2011; Sept 15, 2011; Jun 20 2012; Jun 21 2012; Jun 26 2012; Jun 27 2012; Jul 02 2012; Jul 04 2012; Jul 05 2012; Jul 07 2012; Jul 09 2012; Jul 10 2012; Oct 15 2013; Oct 16 2013; Oct 18 2013; Oct 19 2013; Oct 21 2013; Oct 22 2013; Jun 16 2014; Jun 17 2014; Jun 20 2014; Jun 22 2014; Jun 25 2014; Jun 26 2014; Jul 11 2014; Nov 14 2015; Nov 17 2015; Nov 20 2015; Nov 22 2015; Apr 16 2016; Apr 18 2016; Apr 20 2016; Apr 21 2016
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Suziemay wrote:

20 x 24

Edition of 20

Signed and Numbered

I’ll be making these available only at the Ten Club Rock & Art Poster Convention on Sunday, December 2, 2012. One per person to the first 20.

nipper-gramophone.jpg

That is amazing
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    I'll be home watching the news covering the riots...
    This is gonna be crazy... :twisted:
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    What are we thinking is the price on the Benny vinyl??! :corn:

• Options
    boyo79 wrote:
    What are thinking is the price on the Benny vinyl??! :corn:

Marketprice? 1000-1500$? :corn:
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    Suziemay wrote:

20 x 24

Edition of 20

Signed and Numbered

nipper-gramophone.jpg

Wow, the RCA dog...right out of Camden, NJ! Gorgeous!! I wonder why no Sperry posters for the EV tour?
    Somebody get this for SuzieMay!!
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:

20 x 24

Edition of 20

Signed and Numbered

nipper-gramophone.jpg

Wow, the RCA dog...right out of Camden, NJ! Gorgeous!! I wonder why no Sperry posters for the EV tour?
    Somebody get this for SuzieMay!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Barraud