///***Official "Play Mankind" Thread***\\\

dan_vedderdan_vedder Posts: 213
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I would absolutely love to hear Stoney and the boys rip in to Mankind in Sydney :D Anyone else love this song?

Usin' up my listerine, like ovalteen
Ten Club member 363***

7/11/06, 8/11/06, 18/11/06

escape is never the safest plan...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I like this song better than Don't Gimme No Lip.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • dan_vedderdan_vedder Posts: 213
    I like this song better than Don't Gimme No Lip.

Yea an they played that recently didn't they?
    Ten Club member 363***

• restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    i have to sign this one. PLAY IT>
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,547
    Mankind is SO 1996.

Let it go, man.

;)

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • ohh I'm in!!

Please play Mankind!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • WesternskyWesternsky Posts: 363
    rhinomagic wrote:
    Mankind is SO 1996.

Oh wow... why did it just hit me that it's been 10 years since NO CODE was released? Holy shit.

Mankind rocks and I've been lucky enough to catch it several times! I hope they bring it out and dust it off on the west coast, that way it will be perfect for the fall dates... just a thought. ;)
  • SmilinSkullRingSmilinSkullRing Posts: 1,230
    I would love to hear this song live. Then again if we are going to get technical I would love to hear just about any PJ song since I haven't seen them live, but hearing Stone sing would be icing on the cake.
    "Longitudes, latitudes, it's so absurd
    I just need someone to be there for
    I just want someone to be there for
    Someone to be there for me"
    --

"Well, you say it’s bad luck
    To have fallen for me
    Well what can I do to make it good for you
    I’ll call you beautiful if I call at all"
  • i hate this song, it starts no codes downfall towards the end of the cd too... good thing the first 10 songs+im open make up for mankind plus around the bend being bad
  • dan_vedder wrote:
    Yea an they played that recently didn't they?

I would love to hear Mankind live & YES they played Don't Gimme No Lip @ the 2nd Continental show. I was excited cause it looked like Stone was going to sing, and he did, but not what I expected. Maybe I'll get it @ the Gorge... along with RELEASE ;)

Cool thing was when Stone went over to sing he gave a big thank you to Eddie on behalf of the band for everything he does, Eddie was bent over all embarrassed, it was kinda sweet :)
    Oh, if I knew where it was, I would take you there, but there's much more than this.
    Ooooh. Whoooa, much more than this. Woooh see the world. Much more than... Oooh, much more than.. Why?
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    dan_vedder!! Excellent call!!

Now I loooove DONT GIMME NO LIP, but this doesn't mean for a second that we should forget about MANKIND!

~~>MANKIND needs MANKIND<~~

Hell Stoney....you could even do a double shot. :D

Oh and Westernsky, I like the way you're thinking.
    ;)

Down unda and in the states...

"IT'S ALL ACROSS THIS NATION"

Yes please! :D

I am in FULL support of this.
    :D

:::::MANKIND IN '06::::::

Bring it Stoney! Bring it!
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Cool thing was when Stone went over to sing he gave a big thank you to Eddie on behalf of the band for everything he does, Eddie was bent over all embarrassed, it was kinda sweet :)

Awww! I just recently heard this on the boot. :o:D Soooooooooo incredibly sweet. :o

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • I would love to hear Mankind live & YES they played Don't Gimme No Lip @ the 2nd Continental show. I was excited cause it looked like Stone was going to sing, and he did, but not what I expected. Maybe I'll get it @ the Gorge... along with RELEASE ;)

AWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! I just listened to that. SOOOO sweet!! and total class thing for him to do cause its easy to forget to thank Ed since Ed has the mic all night and is using it to thank all of THEM. Huge props to Stoney for that...and the WAY he said it....I agree they are sooo lucky to have Ed. So much talent and drive and energy. Pearl Jam wouldn't be half the band it is without Ed....well without any of them really...but esp Ed. :)

Was that Stoney that said "lets have a big ROUND OF APPLAUSE!!!" ??

Aww I got the warm fuzzies now! :)
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • AWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! I just listened to that. SOOOO sweet!! and total class thing for him to do cause its easy to forget to thank Ed since Ed has the mic all night and is using it to thank all of THEM. Huge props to Stoney for that...and the WAY he said it....I agree they are sooo lucky to have Ed. So much talent and drive and energy. Pearl Jam wouldn't be half the band it is without Ed....well without any of them really...but esp Ed. :)

Was that Stoney that said "lets have a big ROUND OF APPLAUSE!!!" ??

Aww I got the warm fuzzies now! :)

VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Awww! I just recently heard this on the boot. Soooooooooo incredibly sweet.

It was really sweet, glad I was there to see it ;) It's nice to know the guys are as sentimental as we are, I love Pearl Jam :)
    Oh, if I knew where it was, I would take you there, but there's much more than this.
    Ooooh. Whoooa, much more than this. Woooh see the world. Much more than... Oooh, much more than.. Why?
  • dan_vedderdan_vedder Posts: 213
    I would love to hear this song live. Then again if we are going to get technical I would love to hear just about any PJ song since I haven't seen them live, but hearing Stone sing would be icing on the cake.

To be honest Sydney will be my first PJ show. Yes that would be the icning on the cake, magical :) Would anyone be able to send me that Mankind boot were Stone gives his speech? (mentioned above)
    Ten Club member 363***

• SmilinSkullRingSmilinSkullRing Posts: 1,230
    dan_vedder wrote:
    To be honest Sydney will be my first PJ show. Yes that would be the icning on the cake, magical :) Would anyone be able to send me that Mankind boot were Stone gives his speech? (mentioned above)
    Yeay! Have fun at your first PJ show. I'm sure you will. :)
    "Longitudes, latitudes, it's so absurd
    I just need someone to be there for
    I just want someone to be there for
    Someone to be there for me"
    --

"Well, you say it’s bad luck
    To have fallen for me
    Well what can I do to make it good for you
    I’ll call you beautiful if I call at all"