Mark Lanegan

13»

Comments

  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 2,994

    I went to the Boston show on Monday, it was a great show. He played some I know, a lot I didn't (that's on me) and he sounded great as usual.

    I was a little disappointed w/ the length of the set (played around 75 minutes I think) and also the Grave Digger Song. The album version is great, but I just didn't love it w/ him & an electric guitar only. I felt like it was a a bit lacking, but whatever, it was still cool to hear him sing it.

    Glad I went, I always love seeing Lanegan, and I look forward to seeing him again.

  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 12,327


    I went to the Boston show on Monday, it was a great show. He played some I know, a lot I didn't (that's on me) and he sounded great as usual.

    I was a little disappointed w/ the length of the set (played around 75 minutes I think) and also the Grave Digger Song. The album version is great, but I just didn't love it w/ him & an electric guitar only. I felt like it was a a bit lacking, but whatever, it was still cool to hear him sing it.

    Glad I went, I always love seeing Lanegan, and I look forward to seeing him again.

    I was there as well and I know what you mean. It was a little short, not that diverse, but still great. Gravedigger's sounded way different than the album version, but Where The Twain Shall Meet was incredible. That song was the highlight to me.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16


  • http://marklanegan.com/

    Site redesign, European tour announced and more importantly a new album coming April 28th. The lead single, called Nocturne, sounds great.

    I want a Boston date announced soon.
    5/25/06, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13, 7/11/14, 9/26/15, 4/18/16, (4/20/16), 4/21/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 4/7/17, 7/1/18, 7/3/18, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18

    8/1/08, 6/16/11, 6/26/17, 6/27/17

    11/4/16
  • mfc2006mfc2006 PDX--->KCPosts: 30,815

    http://marklanegan.com/

    Site redesign, European tour announced and more importantly a new album coming April 28th. The lead single, called Nocturne, sounds great.

    I want a Boston date announced soon.

    nice!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • http://marklanegan.com/

    Site redesign, European tour announced and more importantly a new album coming April 28th. The lead single, called Nocturne, sounds great.

    I want a Boston date announced soon.

    +1

  • PapPap Serres, GreecePosts: 20,033
    edited February 2017
    Nocturne sounds great! :clap: And what an album title! :plus_one:

    Ooh, yeah! All right!
    Were [Pearl] jammin
    I wanna [Pearl] jam it wid you.
    Were [Pearl] jammin, [Pearl] jammin
    And I hope you like [Pearl] jammin too.


    Sep 30, 2006 - OAKA Sports Hall - Athens, Greece
    Jul 11, 2014 - Milton Keynes Bowl - Milton Keynes, UK
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 10,935
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 42,512
    edited February 2017
    I really like Mark Lanegan... but does anyone else feel like everything he's done for the last few years at least sounds a LOT alike? Like almost every single song has the same sound and cadence? I've got several of his albums, but at this point, I'm kind of just feeling like if I buy another I may as well just buy one I already have.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul said:

    I really like Mark Lanegan... but does anyone else feel like everything he's done for the last few years at least sounds a LOT alike? Like almost every single song has the same sound and cadence? I've got several of his albums, but at this point, I'm kind of just feeling like if I buy another I may as well just buy one I already have.

    I can see similarities in SOME of the songs, sure. But I think there are gems on every album too.

  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 1,041
    Seems like he puts out a crazy amount of releases to me, just can't keep up.
  • reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ.Posts: 1,968
    I just think his last one Phantom Radio was a step down from Blues Funeral and Bubblegum, two of his best. But, that one he did with Duke Garwood, Black Pudding was really good and a definite departure from The Mark Lanegan Band sound..
    Auckland NZ 03-24-1995, Auckland NZ 03-25-1995, Sydney AU 03-11-1998, London, UK 05-30-2000, Reading UK 08-27-2006, London UK 06-18-2007, Christchurch NZ 11-29-2009, Auckland NZ 01-17-2014.

    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 PDX--->KCPosts: 30,815
    reesdog said:

    I just think his last one Phantom Radio was a step down from Blues Funeral and Bubblegum, two of his best. But, that one he did with Duke Garwood, Black Pudding was really good and a definite departure from The Mark Lanegan Band sound..

    I'd agree with that.

    Been listening to his Sub Pop boxset a ton lately...so damn good.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 42,512
    I just discovered a new song featuring Mark Lanegan. It's on this brand new album by what appears to be a very well-known Portuguese band called Dead Combo. The album is called Odeon Hotel. It's good! Mark is only featured in one song - the rest of the album is instrumental Portuguese folk music, which is very nice.  I just came across the song via my Release Radar Spotify playlist. I immediately knew it was Mark Lanegan's voice, so did a Google search for the band, and Lanegan didn't even show up on the results as far as I could tell. I had to further refine my search for any minor mention of him, and then I had to isolate the English language results. This is when I also discovered that the album was produced by Alain Johannes! :) What also seems to be very important to music fans far more knowledgeable than I am is that Alexandre Frazão is featured on drums. I've never heard of him, but the drums are indeed great throughout. Anyway, here is the link to the song featuring Mark. It's called "I Know, I Alone".

    https://open.spotify.com/track/2slUfIBUfTasl8nF0g0Qr7?si=6HulQuQISHe0GTGsVgyP9g

    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Screaming TreeScreaming Tree Posts: 41
    PJ_Soul said:
    I just discovered a new song featuring Mark Lanegan. It's on this brand new album by what appears to be a very well-known Portuguese band called Dead Combo. The album is called Odeon Hotel. It's good! Mark is only featured in one song - the rest of the album is instrumental Portuguese folk music, which is very nice.  I just came across the song via my Release Radar Spotify playlist. I immediately knew it was Mark Lanegan's voice, so did a Google search for the band, and Lanegan didn't even show up on the results as far as I could tell. I had to further refine my search for any minor mention of him, and then I had to isolate the English language results. This is when I also discovered that the album was produced by Alain Johannes! :) What also seems to be very important to music fans far more knowledgeable than I am is that Alexandre Frazão is featured on drums. I've never heard of him, but the drums are indeed great throughout. Anyway, here is the link to the song featuring Mark. It's called "I Know, I Alone".

    https://open.spotify.com/track/2slUfIBUfTasl8nF0g0Qr7?si=6HulQuQISHe0GTGsVgyP9g

    Great find, thanks for sharing that. Good to see that he has announced some more tour dates for later this summer.

    I saw the Afghan Whigs a few weeks ago and had the chance to talk briefly with Greg Dulli. I asked him about the possibility of new music from the Gutter Twins in the near future. He said that they both are interested in doing another album. Possibly after the touring for In Spades. 
    5/25/06, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13, 7/11/14, 9/26/15, 4/18/16, (4/20/16), 4/21/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 4/7/17, 7/1/18, 7/3/18, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18

    8/1/08, 6/16/11, 6/26/17, 6/27/17

    11/4/16
  • PapPap Serres, GreecePosts: 20,033
    Thanks PJ_Soul! :plus_one:


    Ooh, yeah! All right!
    Were [Pearl] jammin
    I wanna [Pearl] jam it wid you.
    Were [Pearl] jammin, [Pearl] jammin
    And I hope you like [Pearl] jammin too.


    Sep 30, 2006 - OAKA Sports Hall - Athens, Greece
    Jul 11, 2014 - Milton Keynes Bowl - Milton Keynes, UK
  • PapPap Serres, GreecePosts: 20,033
    Ooh, yeah! All right!
    Were [Pearl] jammin
    I wanna [Pearl] jam it wid you.
    Were [Pearl] jammin, [Pearl] jammin
    And I hope you like [Pearl] jammin too.


    Sep 30, 2006 - OAKA Sports Hall - Athens, Greece
    Jul 11, 2014 - Milton Keynes Bowl - Milton Keynes, UK
  • The most prolific man in alternative rock: https://www.stereogum.com/1997180/mark-lanegan-duke-garwood-save-me/music/

    I like the sound of this song a lot. He has also announced some dates with Duke Garwood in the UK. America dates to follow hopefully.

    He also is on the new single from Neko Case: https://www.stereogum.com/1996359/neko-case-curse-of-the-i-5-corridor-feat-mark-lanegan/music/
    5/25/06, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13, 7/11/14, 9/26/15, 4/18/16, (4/20/16), 4/21/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 4/7/17, 7/1/18, 7/3/18, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18

    8/1/08, 6/16/11, 6/26/17, 6/27/17

    11/4/16
  • PapPap Serres, GreecePosts: 20,033
    Ooh, yeah! All right!
    Were [Pearl] jammin
    I wanna [Pearl] jam it wid you.
    Were [Pearl] jammin, [Pearl] jammin
    And I hope you like [Pearl] jammin too.


    Sep 30, 2006 - OAKA Sports Hall - Athens, Greece
    Jul 11, 2014 - Milton Keynes Bowl - Milton Keynes, UK
  • PapPap Serres, GreecePosts: 20,033

    Ooh, yeah! All right!
    Were [Pearl] jammin
    I wanna [Pearl] jam it wid you.
    Were [Pearl] jammin, [Pearl] jammin
    And I hope you like [Pearl] jammin too.


    Sep 30, 2006 - OAKA Sports Hall - Athens, Greece
    Jul 11, 2014 - Milton Keynes Bowl - Milton Keynes, UK
  • PapPap Serres, GreecePosts: 20,033

    Ooh, yeah! All right!
    Were [Pearl] jammin
    I wanna [Pearl] jam it wid you.
    Were [Pearl] jammin, [Pearl] jammin
    And I hope you like [Pearl] jammin too.


    Sep 30, 2006 - OAKA Sports Hall - Athens, Greece
    Jul 11, 2014 - Milton Keynes Bowl - Milton Keynes, UK
  • PapPap Serres, GreecePosts: 20,033

    Ooh, yeah! All right!
    Were [Pearl] jammin
    I wanna [Pearl] jam it wid you.
    Were [Pearl] jammin, [Pearl] jammin
    And I hope you like [Pearl] jammin too.


    Sep 30, 2006 - OAKA Sports Hall - Athens, Greece
    Jul 11, 2014 - Milton Keynes Bowl - Milton Keynes, UK
  • Can anybody here show me what the event poster looked like for the MLB UK/Euro shows last year? Thanks.
13»
Sign In or Register to comment.