The New Science of Fermented Mushrooms.

Om RemedyOm Remedy Posts: 101
edited January 2013 in Poetry, Prose, Music & Art
Start of my book, updated from AIT. Reposting inspired by chadwick's mushrooms her falling (we belong to trees mine & yours) 1

Mushrooms are vegetables, and can be fermented. It's not like fermenting other things. I started out brewing kombucha, and thought I wonder how mushrooms would ferment? So in the classic style I put mushrooms in refined sugar water instead of the scoby of the kombucha. I saw that the mycelium in the mushroom ate the sugar and became a strong mushroom ferment beverage, and I saw that some mushrooms physiologically put a word on your tongue, telling you what it is; some mushrooms told you(me) they were emotional mushrooms, Maitake is love, and Reishi is hate, and some mushrooms are body parts growing in nature. In the larger picture it seems like all mushrooms are body parts, but some are circulatory, and can't be pinned down to a part, but are more like fluids that exist in the body. Frankenstein science, the art of putting a body together with mushrooms.. I bought all the mushrooms there were in the store, and bought some online. Honestly, I don't know if kombucha is made of mushrooms, who could after 2,000 years?(that's how old it is), but mushrooms make a similar drink, and some of them even make a scoby that multiplies.

Lion's mane is quite obviously the brain mushroom, as I fermented it and tasted brainy, and then I fermented it in a clasp jar and the fumes of the ferment built up and collected around the outside edge of the rubber seal. At first I ignored the crystalline substance made by the fumes, but randomly I ate some of it and it was concentrated brain cells, and instantly made me feel like I was getting smarter. I haven't been able to recreate these crystals, but I'll keep you informed. Another mushroom makes a different kind of brain tonic. Chaga, namely, after a month of fermenting in a large jar in the typical sugar, tasted specifically ingenious. It made a dark, black liquid that went to my brain and told me I needed it. I have a dried lion's mane mushroom sample, for any one that's interested, free of charge.

Truffles.. I fermented a black truffle and tasted like a nose. Strange to taste a body part in a ferment, but there it was. It also gave a snobby feeling. I have a white truffle in the refrigerator and will get to it.

Woodear.. woodear mushroom looks like an ear and doesn't let us down; it tastes like an ear, and tells us, 'Mulrooney'. After a few months of fermentation, it connected my ear to my throat and made me operatic for a few seconds.. a fine singer's tonic.

Chaga.. Just like Woodear, it tells us a word.. Siberia, where they're from. And makes a dark, black liquid which feels like a brain tonic, but a different kind than Lion's Mane.. The duality which reminds us that the brain needs different things. The brain expresses as Lion's Mane and feels like Chaga. Chaga tastes a little lost, and self-hateful, then becomes Ingenious. I have a large bag of Chaga mushroom, be known that it's the mycelium of the Chaga, infecting the tree outerside until it makes a fruiting body to spread spores. It is the Chaga mycelium that i have in little peices, and I will send you some, for free. 'Better than powders of these things you don't know what else might have gotten into the capsule.
Cordyceps.. carbonates a lot, and tastes like hands, feet and skin.. Fermented long term and it tastes like politics. Don't ask me, just try it and see it is the mushroom of politics. It might heal scars and be good for blemishes. I think cordyceps was reserved for the king of china, and others were put to death for eating it. Then he told people to eat shiitake.

Shiitake.. tastes like insanity, ass and incest at different stages of fermentation. At further ferment it loses those qualities and just tastes like a nice drink; telling us that the ass is not a bad body part. I would laugh at people at my store buying shiitake.

Cuitlacoche.. is the perversion mushroom. You will be happy to know there is a perversion mushroom, it just tastes like perversion when you ferment it. What else can you expect from fermented corniness? It is nothing without corn. Fully fermented it is quite strong to be drunk, so you add more sugar, and it grows into an even stronger aphrodisiac, sweet to be eaten,

Portobello.. was strange. It makes a nice drink, but it says, "Berry Halle". Just like the actor. Should I say The Hollywood Mushroom?

Blue Foot Chanterelle.. is one of my old favorites. It well with it's reputation tastes like a foot, and fully fermented cures loneliness, I swear.

Fly Agaric.. The real controversial mushroom is.. Amanita Muscaria. It is known to be hallucinogenic, but its effects are misunderstood, and since I am the only one whose ever tried the fermented beverage, only I have experienced it's power of being a cancer cure. The medical establishment doesn't want to admit that hallucinogenics fight cancer. Clowns take it personally and say that a hallucinogenic mushroom won't cure cancer. The medical establishment doesn't want to popularize society. [Medical establishment is not society] Warning: This product might cure cancer, so don't you medical establishment people get all up on me and try to have me killed.

Morel.. is the mustache mushroom and the (glans) mushroom. Eating a lot of them might make one's penis bigger, as well as help grow a good mustache. This is one of the mushrooms that creates a gel when you ferment it. If it means moral, it is strange; a tug-o-war between the mustache and the glans. Anti-moral.

French Horn.. King Trumpet mushroom.. the shaft mushroom. I don'tknow if it's psychiatrically safe to eat these mushrooms, but if you rub it on your dick, it might make your penis bigger, and maybe cure sexual dysfunction, regrow a foreskin.

Xiānggū.. One of the first mushrooms I fermented was Shiitake. It tastes putrid, like insanity, ass and incest, in different potencies. I think the only use for it is as an enema.

Candy Caps, probably L. rubidus,fermented they taste like tongue; not the mammary(breast) mushroom, as expected, but the tongue lactates in its own way. The tongue, and their lesson is that the tongue loves teeth.

Turkey Tail, a fast fermenter, helped me clear some parasites out that were lodged in my throat.

Mushrooms are enhancements. Can you imagine glow in the dark musjhrooms; jack o' lantern mushrooms, Omphalotus olearius? I just learned they are poisonous, but formerly thought they could be God living. A cancer medicine is made from them. I wonder, in fermenting, if the poison would naturally separate from the vitalogical part of the mushroom. Amanita muscaria separates, with an acrid tasting residue sinking to the bottom of the container. Stirred, or shaken, it ruins the drink. But keeps on being produced.
There is a theory that if you eat enough, and enough kinds of, mushrooms, when you die and are interred into the dirt a new kind of mushroom might survive you.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    you are awesome! this is awesome! this is a reread and i will do just that but currently recording myself and my guitar playing. i can't wait to dive into this here after a bit. you mention your book. when does it come out? is it about mushrooms solely or other topics as well?

the mushroom inspires us; i did no such thing.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    I have equally been tickled reading this and have actually saved for a re and rereread.
  • Om RemedyOm Remedy Posts: 101
    chadwick wrote:
    you are awesome! this is awesome! this is a reread and i will do just that but currently recording myself and my guitar playing. i can't wait to dive into this here after a bit. you mention your book. when does it come out? is it about mushrooms solely or other topics as well?

So far I don't have enough material for a book solely about mushrooms. I might tack it on to a book I want to publish of poems/lyrics. I'm glad someone is following. mushroom her falling is awesome.
    Om Remedy wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

So far I don't have enough material for a book solely about mushrooms. I might tack it on to a book I want to publish of poems/lyrics. I'm glad someone is following. mushroom her falling is awesome.
    thank you & the very best of luck to you

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    Om Remedy wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

You look like quite a player. Would you be interested in some lyrics to work with? I also play harmonica.
    rollings wrote:
    I have equally been tickled reading this and have actually saved for a re and rereread.
    Did you know black tea is fermented? Put black tea in with some sugar and you'll see it ferment.
    Om Remedy wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    Om Remedy wrote:

You look like quite a player. Would you be interested in some lyrics to work with? I also play harmonica.
    i am a useless guitar player who is just learning. i'll pass but thank you for the offer.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    rollings wrote:
    I could send you guys some samples of mushrooms I have if you want. And I'm going to visit NY soon, where I have more.
    Update: A friend's Mom wants to start a vitamin company, and she said once she gets started, I could be her mushroom consultant!
    If anyone wants to, I started a group about this; https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/333404683417588/