Gorge questions (cameras, cell phone, fishing)?

monkeyjammonkeyjam Posts: 3
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Alright this is my first time at the Gorge and I was wondering if any of you could give me the following information:

1. Are digital cameras allowed in the venue?

2. Will I be able to get cell phone reception out there?

3. Are there any fishing spots to go to?

Thanks.

Dave
<"}}}<
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Camping - how are the Gorge facilities? - showers, bathrooms...

Food or places to eat ova there....?

and such..
    "Now when people ask me, where's my favorite place to play, I'll reply, Newark NJ!" -EV (solo '08)
  • idratherbeidratherbe Posts: 366
    From the Gorge web site:

We recommend that you bring a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen for daytime, and a warm jacket for the evening. Please bring all necessary items with you, for there is NO RE-ENTRY, and this policy is strictly enforced. For the comfort and safety of all Gorge patrons, please leave these at home:

* Alcoholic beverages, cans and bottles
    * Factory sealed soda bottles
    * Professional and Digital Cameras are not allowed
    * Recording devices
    * Video equipment
    * Lounge and elevated chairs (on all GA only events, no lawn chairs allowed)
    * Laser pointers

* Factory sealed water bottles of "normal" size will be allowed in. (no 5 gallon type containers)
    * Empty plastic containers are allowed
    * Outside food is allowed, but must be in clear plastic bags
    * Small backpacks are ok

I have gotten cell reception out there no problem. I have no idea about the fishing situation... but I would assume there have to be some spots nearby?!?

I've never camped at the Gorge, either, so can't speak to that. We're doing the Wildhorse: http://www.wildhorsecampground.com/ The Wildhorse is sold out for Saturday, though...

Here's the web site I referenced above: http://www.hob.com/venues/concerts/gorge/index.asp

Food situation? Bring some or buy concessions. There is absolutely NOTHING out by the venue.

Hope that helps a bit.

~peace~
    Never allow someone to be your Priority,
    While allowing yourself to be their Option.

‹^›_‹(ô¿ô)›_‹^›

Please visit daily: www.theanimalrescuesite.com
  • bingerbinger Posts: 179
    At the last gorge show, there was a last minute decision to ban water bottles, sealed or unsealed. You had to get water inside.
    I want to point out that people who seem to have no power, whether working people, people of color, or women -- once they organize and protest and create movements -- have a voice no government can suppress. Howard Zinn
  • Now when they say "No Re-Entry"... do they mean just Cars and such... or can I walk over to the WildHorse grounds if some of my friends are Drinking and partying there?
    "Now when people ask me, where's my favorite place to play, I'll reply, Newark NJ!" -EV (solo '08)
  • monkeyjammonkeyjam Posts: 3
    Thanks peeps, that helps me out tremendously. It's too bad about the digital camera situation though. Now gotta get me the 411 on the fishing spots.

Cheers,

Dave
    <"}}}<
  • idratherbeidratherbe Posts: 366
    Now when they say "No Re-Entry"... do they mean just Cars and such... or can I walk over to the WildHorse grounds if some of my friends are Drinking and partying there?

They mean into the venue proper... not the parking lot.

~peace~
    Never allow someone to be your Priority,
    While allowing yourself to be their Option.

‹^›_‹(ô¿ô)›_‹^›

Please visit daily: www.theanimalrescuesite.com