THE BROOKLYN ISLANDERS!!!!!!

1235»

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

u aren't serious are you metsy?
    I'm very seriou. they have the pieces for it as long as Wang make big splashes within the next 2 years, i say 2 years cause this season isn't happening. they have boatload of prospects and a good young core. they just need 1 or 2 superstars and a legit head coach. Wang needs to do all that to get the die hards to go to Brooklyn and so the people of Brooklyn can buy into this.

it would be funny if they win in brooklyn..not happening in Nassau dude...not enough time
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940

it would be funny if they win in brooklyn..not happening in Nassau dude...not enough time
    yea your right, but it still be nice to win it in nassau and stick it to them :lol::lol:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Bruce Ratner has been tabbed to play a key role in the future of the Nassau Coliseum and the potential renovation/rebuild whatever.

Scott Rechler will be partnering with Donald Monti to develop the rest of the space around the Coliseum.

Who are Bruce and Scott?

Bruce Ratner is the one that built the Barclay Center and signed the 25 year lease with Charles Wang (owner of the Islanders)

Scott Rechler is the developer that worked with Charles Wang on the Lighthouse Project that got rejected by the Town Of Hempstead and Nassau County

Why would 2 people so hooked into Charles Wang and the plans to save the Islanders on Long Island now be involved with this project so heavily while the Islanders have a lease to play in a basketball arena that has neither the proper seating nor locker rooms for hockey brokered by one of them? (That should have been 3 questions, but what the hell).

Makes one wonder what the end game is here. Would not be at all surprised if the Islanders end up back in Nassau County after playing in Barclay for a year while the new Ratner-Wang Coliseum is finishing construction.

Just a thought. Hockey in Brooklyn in that Arena has not made sense to me from the beginning. I guess we'll see.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Was at game last night it hit me was sad to know this is the last yr playing in Nassau this team is a good team im happy but fuck Brooklyn
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    ok i hope we win tonight ...
    Looking forward to the upcoming season new coach new GM , should be fun to watch they are playing a hand full of games @nassau coliseum I’ll be catching a couple of those games ...
  • Looking forward to the upcoming season new coach new GM , should be fun to watch they are playing a hand full of games @nassau coliseum I’ll be catching a couple of those games ...
    Not sure how a new stadium with no trains to it is going to work out for them?
    Looking forward to the upcoming season new coach new GM , should be fun to watch they are playing a hand full of games @nassau coliseum I’ll be catching a couple of those games ...
    Yeah it might be an issue but anything is better than Brooklyn at least I’ll be able to drive to get to new arena and it will be their home so I’m looking forward to it ...
  • Looking forward to the upcoming season new coach new GM , should be fun to watch they are playing a hand full of games @nassau coliseum I’ll be catching a couple of those games ...
    Yeah it might be an issue but anything is better than Brooklyn at least I’ll be able to drive to get to new arena and it will be their home so I’m looking forward to it ...
    You want to go to a few Nassau Coliseum games w me?  I'm down.
    Yeah I’m looking to see when my son will be back from school to get tickets, I’ll def let you know what dates I’m looking at ..
    Yeah I’m looking to see when my son will be back from school to get tickets, I’ll def let you know what dates I’m looking at ..
    Cool!