THE BROOKLYN ISLANDERS!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    :sick:
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Better chart.
    All white on the left is non seated area.

barclays-center-seating-chart.jpg?w=551&h=381
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Better chart.

Why wouldn't they use the upper deck?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    my god thats horrible.... :lol:

they can even fuck this up
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    How bad does KC feel they couldn't wrestle this franchise away from this?
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

It could've been a perfect fit too with the royals and chiefs they would've have the market cornered on shitty franchises.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    may as well put a rink inside jones beach ampitheatre.
    horrible !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647
    DS1119 wrote:

It could've been a perfect fit too with the royals and chiefs they would've have the market cornered on shitty franchises.

:lol::lol::lol:

golden post.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    Supposedly Phoenix has a similar issue where 4,200 seats can't see the opposite goal.
  • Options
    Better chart.

Still wondering if this is a final play by Wang. Quite frankly, those blaming ownership aren't seeing the entire picture. He has tried to get a new arena with up to 75% private financing, but the Town of Hempstead and Nassau County keeps turning him down (though, the Nassau County top executive has been willing to play ball - err.. I mean puck). He wants to revitilize the entire area, including bringing additional jobs to the area, but again - not enough.

Who in their right mind would want to play in that arena? It's a dump and completely outdated.

As for the fans - who can blame them either. What team (other than the Rangers) sell out their arena when the team sucks year after year?

So, Nassau County loses the only professional sports team on what's considered Long Island (though, Brooklyn - and Queens - is physically on Long Island), and the region loses thousands of jobs. Again - this was not an owner asking for massive public funding. Yes, he wanted some. But, hell - he was bringing something in return.

He waited, and waited, and waited. Stupid politicians.

(Though, I can't see them selling out in Brooklyn - I mean - really? You couldn't sell tickets on Long Island where there's a small, but thriving hockey community and you think you're joining Jay-Z in Brooklyn to sell tickets vs. the most rabid fan base in all of sports? So, I do wonder if there's an out in this thing if Nassau County comes through in the next 6-12 months or something like that. Playing in an arena with only 2/3rds seat access makes no sense).
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    Supposedly Phoenix has a similar issue where 4,200 seats can't see the opposite goal.

As someone who has to been to the rink in Glendale a few times I can only say positive about it. Those seats must be in the upper tier or somethingbecause my experience has been great.
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    As a flyers fan, this is a win. Road trip to Brooklyn >>>>>> Road trip to the Island (what a pain in the dick it is to get out there...not to mention the worst traffic in America)
  • Options
    Another thing that sticks out from that chart. Look at the limited seating against the glass in the front.
    Even those seats dont go half way around the rink.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    this all made perfect sense to me. glad to see them stay in NY.

until i saw the rink layout :wtf:
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Better chart.

So...basically 1/3 of the rink won't have any fans near it?
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    as per neilybabes

22499_478865808820298_252202564_n.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    as per neilybabes

22499_478865808820298_252202564_n.jpg

LMAO

we want Nathons ....we want hotdogs :mrgreen:

arena is 1/3 empty b4 the doors open :lol::lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    it will be great for us...im now 20 minutes from our 2nd home..don't have to deal with dirty ghetto Uniondale :nono:
  • Options
    The Coney-Islanders
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,845
    25 YEAR LEASE @ BARCLAYS CENTER .....DIPI WILL STILL BE PLAYING NETS :lol:

MAYBE i will have a new team when hockey resumes next year :o :? :nono: :nono: :mrgreen:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=121118

;):lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    wow that seating chart is brutal....how new is the Barclays Center? Maybe the reason they're waiting till the 15-16 season is cause they're working on a reno/expansion deal.
  • Options
    Nevermind....just noticed it's only a month old :wtf: who designs an arena like that? Is there a reason it's configured with amphitheatre-style (u-shaped) seating? Why not make a smaller upper bowl like most medium-capacity arenas? weird.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Nevermind....just noticed it's only a month old :wtf: who designs an arena like that? Is there a reason it's configured with amphitheatre-style (u-shaped) seating? Why not make a smaller upper bowl like most medium-capacity arenas? weird.

I believe it's a basketball first venue...probably never thought a hockey team would play there...ridiculous configuration for sure.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

I believe it's a basketball first venue...probably never thought a hockey team would play there...ridiculous configuration for sure.
    Didn't realize the Nets played 3 on 3 basketball :lol:
  • Options
    ah, I see....looks like pullout-HS style bleachers on one side...but the rink is too long to allow them to be rolled out.
    Maybe with a 25 year lease, they are still considering renos to allow them to be extended for hockey too....sounds like Wang has saved a few bucks on the Nassau deal.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    lukin2006 wrote:

Didn't realize the Nets played 3 on 3 basketball :lol:

Do the nets even play basketball :lol::lol::lol:
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

Ice/refrigeration system was installed when the building was being built. So hockey was in mind to a degree.
    I think the Center will be hosting some Russian or Euro expo games very soon.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    before there was even in a shovel in the ground Ratner asked Wang to come join him in Brooklyn and build an arena that sat somewhere around 18,000. Wang said thanks, but no i'm gonna work on a deal in Nassau. He ends up in Brooklyn anyways :fp:.

the blame for all this goes around from Nassau to Wang all the way back to the gang of four ownership. if one of the many ownership got together with Nassau and worked out a deal even if it was just a remodeled coliseum long island would still have a pro franchise. yes Brooklyn and Queens are part of Long Island on a map, but culturally it's different.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Wang really has no blalme in this in my eyes. He took on the team that has a brutal lease agreement with the Colliseumand lost a lot of money trying to work out a new arena deal. He did a good service to the folks in Long Island and now it's time to move on. Nassau had every oppurtunity in the world to keep this team. Now go build another mall and enjoy the drive to Brooklyn.
  • Options
    25 YEAR LEASE @ BARCLAYS CENTER .....DIPI WILL STILL BE PLAYING NETS :lol:

MAYBE i will have a new team when hockey resumes next year :o :? :nono: :nono: :mrgreen:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=121118

;):lol:

not for all the tea in chna