Options

EHX Stereo Memory Man not working.

SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
edited October 2012 in Musicians and Gearheads
A while back my memory man just stopped working. When I hit the switch, the light comes on, but no sound at all.

I opened it up and all I noticed was that the ground wire had come almost completely unscrewed and the footswitch was very loose. I tightened both up but haven't had a chance to see if that fixed anything cause I'm waiting on a new power supply to come in.

Anyone have any similar issues?
"Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
-my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    I wish I could help better, but I don't have a lot of EH gear. I do own an early-80's Big Muff, and a Micro POG; the POG seems solid so far, but I am having problems with some sort of intermittent connection inside the Muff. I can tell you that the Memory Man has been one of the most notorious pieces of guitar gear. Legend has it that the Edge (U2) would tour with a dozen units or so, and every gig they would trot them out to see which ones were working that day. I know that a lot of the Memory Man purists have given up, at least when playing live; the DL4 has a decent Memory Man setting, and then there are guys using delay and modulation pedals separately. I'm pretty sure the Edge has switched to TC Electronics rack units. Whatever the deal is, there are ghosts in those machines, and when they're on your side, they can be beautiful... but when they work against you, they will win.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    I wish I could help better, but I don't have a lot of EH gear. I do own an early-80's Big Muff, and a Micro POG; the POG seems solid so far, but I am having problems with some sort of intermittent connection inside the Muff. I can tell you that the Memory Man has been one of the most notorious pieces of guitar gear. Legend has it that the Edge (U2) would tour with a dozen units or so, and every gig they would trot them out to see which ones were working that day. I know that a lot of the Memory Man purists have given up, at least when playing live; the DL4 has a decent Memory Man setting, and then there are guys using delay and modulation pedals separately. I'm pretty sure the Edge has switched to TC Electronics rack units. Whatever the deal is, there are ghosts in those machines, and when they're on your side, they can be beautiful... but when they work against you, they will win.

Wow I actually had no idea they were so notorious for that. I thought it was just me lol. But yeah this thing definitely has a mind of its own sometimes but nowhere near as bad as the deluxe memoryman. I used one of those for a while and hated it. The stereo is much more consistent.

But anyways... Found a power supply and turned it on. Terrible feedback overload. So I opened it back up and took the board all the way out and one of the 3 prongs that connects the feedback knob the the circuit board had broken off... I'm hoping to solder it back together, but if that fails does anyone know where I can find parts for these things?
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .