Options

Fighting For GA Is No Different Than Fighting For Yourself

Comments

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    It's much easier to manage multiple beers w/ reserved seating.

Hands down winner.

party0005.gif
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I agree with the OP. I have no interest in GA. I dont want to show up hours early only to find people f-ing with the system, cutting, holding places in line, showing up after the show starts and muscleing their way to the front, etc.
    Typically, I play by the rules and I am passive/friendly, which tends to get me fucked over in situations like this.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I agree with the OP. I have no interest in GA. I dont want to show up hours early only to find people f-ing with the system, cutting, holding places in line, showing up after the show starts and muscleing their way to the front, etc.
    Typically, I play by the rules and I am passive/friendly, which tends to get me fucked over in situations like this.
    That's fine, but that's really not the main point the OP seems to be making. He didn't just say he isn't interested in GA... he came up with a way to insult those who do like GA. :? That's my beef with the thread. That, and the fact that people keep on asserting that GA = waiting in line for hours and hours, no matter how many people say that's not the case if you don't want it to be.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I guess i disagree only with the first paragraph. Not sure if it has a direct correlation to fan #
  • Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    That's fine, but that's really not the main point the OP seems to be making. He didn't just say he isn't interested in GA... he came up with a way to insult those who do like GA. :? That's my beef with the thread. That, and the fact that people keep on asserting that GA = waiting in line for hours and hours, no matter how many people say that's not the case if you don't want it to be.

Exactly... Too each there own. Why do you need to start a shit talking thread?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,294
    This is so been there done that topic ughh ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

:thumbup:
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,294
    SolarWorld wrote:

What up G will def get out for some shows next yr or maybe you shoot out here for some east coast love :thumbup:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Why would anybody want GA? That's cool for outdoor festivals but for arenas? It's just not the 90's anymore. No more rallying 'round the family. No more pockets filled with shells. Let me have a space to myself where I can smoke weed or do whatever without having people crashing into me.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    This thread is a perfect example of why the band should never allow GA shows in America we're already at each others throats over it (imagine this whole thread fighting for a spot close to the rail)!!!!
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    kinda like the drummer debate

irons was the best drummer pj had ;)
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Weird that Ed said it was the best American crowd in he didn't know how long... pretty sure he wasn't just pandering.

He says that quite a bit. If I remember correctly I actually heard him say in twice in a week. :lol:
  • Options
    SolarWorld wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I really don't undertand how you think it's a shit talking thread? I really don't. My observations are what they are. If you don't like them or disagree you have two choices. You can comment or you can ignore it. The choice is yours.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    SolarWorld wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I really don't undertand how you think it's a shit talking thread? I really don't. My observations are what they are. If you don't like them or disagree you have two choices. You can comment or you can ignore it. The choice is yours.

You are calling people's reasons for wanting something, bullshit. In reality, that's talking shit about people.
  • Options
    SolarWorld wrote:

What up G will def get out for some shows next yr or maybe you shoot out here for some east coast love :thumbup:

Man we have to meet up! I have a one year old now and I'm moving back to Cali next spring, it might be tight for me to get back east but I see you in that Gorge thread. Its gonna happen ;).
  • Options
    SolarWorld wrote:
    You are calling people's reasons for wanting something, bullshit. In reality, that's talking shit about people.

No it's actually not but if that's your impression so be it. My opinions won't change.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Weird that Ed said it was the best American crowd in he didn't know how long... pretty sure he wasn't just pandering.

He says that quite a bit. If I remember correctly I actually heard him say in twice in a week. :lol:
    Uh huh. Whatever man, that crowd was amazing - you seem to be the only person there who didn't think so, so your loss! ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Uh huh. Whatever man, that crowd was amazing - you seem to be the only person there who didn't think so, so your loss! ;)

I never said it wasn't amazing. Every PJ show is amazing. But to anyone who thinks it was any better than a reserved seated crowd needs to see PJ more in the US or Canada. I seem to remember him saying that a few times in the period between 5/10/10 and 5/21/10. I hit three shows. I don't remember which ones specifically. It's all a blur. :lol: And I have heard that stuff on multiple boots in the past.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I never said it wasn't amazing. Every PJ show is amazing. But to anyone who thinks it was any better than a reserved seated crowd needs to see PJ more in the US or Canada.
    I thought you said before that the floor was dead there? Also, i beleive that the band was impressed by the crowds energy (doesn't mean he hasn't been so in the past - he didn't say it was the best crowd ever in the history of the US). Anyway, i have never ever in my life been to any rock concert where a seated floor was more fun/energetic than a GA floor. Why would PJ be any different? I don't see how that's possible ... blar. I have trouble keeping my trap shut, and have stayed too long; this conversation has become dull because we're basically saying the same shit over and over. You hate GA and somehow thinknit's connected to GA fans being liars or bullshitters or something. Some people love it and feel that it makes for a more fun show (well, i think that GA allows for more energy is fact, and that some people just don't care about more energy because they find the crowding unpleasant enough to overrule that). Just a matter of opinion I guess.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    I thought you said before that the floor was dead there? Also, i beleive that the band was impressed by the crowds energy (doesn't mean he hasn't been so in the past - he didn't say it was the best crowd ever in the history of the US). Anyway, i have never ever in my life been to any rock concert where a seated floor was more fun/energetic than a GA floor. Why would PJ be any different? I don't see how that's possible ... blar. I have trouble keeping my trap shut, and have stayed too long; this conversation has become dull because we're basically saying the same shit over and over. You hate GA and somehow thinknit's connected to GA fans being liars or bullshitters or something. Some people love it and feel that it makes for a more fun show (well, i think that GA allows for more energy is fact, and that some people just don't care about more energy because they find the crowding unpleasant enough to overrule that). Just a matter of opinion I guess.

The floor was dead! :lol: You're talking to someone that saw them when they were first hitting it big at Lolla and then two nights at Randall's Island. The floor WAS dead compared to that! :lol: Zero difference between the floor of MT and a reserved seated crowd. Zero difference. Actually there was a difference. You had five rows of people all smushed together at the front not doing anything different than a reserved show except being smushed. That's the difference. :lol: The energy of the crowd was no different. The way the band played was no different. The interaction of the band and crowd was no different. The length of the show was no different. Wonderful show, but nothing that they did that night was any different from a performer or listener stand point what so ever.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    DS1119 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

The floor was dead! :lol: You're talking to someone that saw them when they were first hitting it big at Lolla and then two nights at Randall's Island. The floor WAS dead compared to that! :lol: Zero difference between the floor of MT and a reserved seated crowd. Zero difference. Actually there was a difference. You had five rows of people all smushed together at the front not doing anything different than a reserved show except being smushed. That's the difference. :lol: The energy of the crowd was no different. The way the band played was no different. The interaction of the band and crowd was no different. The length of the show was no different. Wonderful show, but nothing that they did that night was any different from a performer or listener stand point what so ever.
    Most seem to disagree with you. It wasn't a dead floor. And i was there. And could see the front rows rocking out right in front of me. Rocking. Not moshing (is that what you think it should be?? Perhaps your dead is people full of energy and dancing and shit, and not dead is going completely fucking bananas??). I have it on video in my phone. If you think otherwise, you are seeing things from another planet. I have video proof man. Please tell me you're not trying to compare an arena floor to Lolla. :lol:
    Also, the vibe just isn't the same when people are restricted by rows of chairs.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    DTE.

Montana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn1o8YoOAB8

First DTE search on youtube that came up....msg 10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YAkVoMea20

Man that floor was crazy in MT! :lol: Same fan participation, same craziness, same band effort except for the first five rows being crammed together.
    :lol:
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    DTE.

Montana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn1o8YoOAB8

First DTE search on youtube that came up....msg 10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YAkVoMea20

Man that floor was crazy in MT! :lol: Same fan participation, same craziness, same band effort except for the first five rows being crammed together.
    Few points: Didn't you say the floor was dead in MT? And you picked one of the best moments of one of the most epic shows in the states in the last decade, the free bootleg go-to show probably for the past 2 years, to compare it to and suggest the crowds are equally rocking? And the Msg vid was way higher sound quality btw. And it's MSG!! Also, that wasn't even close to the high point in MT. And again, I and many others feel more stoked in GA. I also don't think the front looks very smooshed in MT, but a tight crowd is part of the FUN in some people's opinion. Certainly didn't keep them from rocking out. Why are we even arguing anymore??
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Few points: Didn't you say the floor was dead in MT? And you picked one of the best moments of one of the most epic shows in the states in the last decade, the free bootleg go-to show probably for the past 2 years, to compare it to and suggest the crowds are equally rocking? And the Msg vid was way higher sound quality btw. And it's MSG!! Also, that wasn't even close to the high point in MT. And again, I and many others feel more stoked in GA. I also don't think the front looks very smooshed in MT, but a tight crowd is part of the FUN in some people's opinion. Certainly didn't keep them from rocking out. Why are we even arguing anymore??

Ok. Here's ALbany. One o fthe smallest venues they can play. Looks exactly the same as MT without being being smushed. :lol:

I'm still surprised the fire marshalls weren't called in MT becasue it was so crazy. Man those GA crowds really bring the best out of the band and the fans!! I thank my lucky stars every day I made it out of there alive! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPv3CFW5VLg
  • Options
    tater926tater926 Posts: 263
    Concerning the op, with all due respect for DS, i think this whole topic is rather pointless and a complete waste of time. Why do you care so much about people making excuses for liking ga? I believe there are many reasons to like it besides getting close. Many people have already stated these reasons in this thread. Bs or not, i tend to believe them. Not sure why this is such a big deal.
    United Center-Jun 29 1998 Alpine Valley-Oct 8 2000
    Assembly Hall-Apr 23 2003 Alpine Valley-Jun 21 2003
    Grant Park-Aug 5 2007 United Center-Aug 23 2009
    United Center-Aug 24 2009 Alpine Valley-Sep 3 2011
    Alpine Valley-Sep 4 2011 Wrigley Field-Jul 19 2013
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    WHO CARES?
    These shows/energy dont hold a candle to their older shows with much more active crowds.
    It's a bunch of nerdy fans standing still, raising their arms in the air with $8 beers in one hand and $35 poster tubes in the other.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    btw..forget to mention..the biggest plus of all at GA....

You can fart and change spot so noone know you are the one who did it.. :fp: :lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

You can fart and change spot so noone know you are the one who did it.. :fp: :lol::lol::lol:
    :fp: :fp: :nono: :lol:
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    WHO CARES?
    These shows/energy dont hold a candle to their older shows with much more active crowds.
    It's a bunch of nerdy fans standing still, raising their arms in the air with $8 beers in one hand and $35 poster tubes in the other.

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....