Options

*** Camden I Fanviews 5/27 Here ***

Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,725
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Pre-set: Gone

Set: Wasted Reprise, Life Wasted, World Wide Suicide, Do The Evolution, Animal, Severed Hand, Corduroy, Marker In The Sand, Given To Fly, Unemployable, Lukin/Not For You/(Modern Girl), Daughter/WMA, I Am Mine, Jeremy, Present Tense, Why Go, Porch

Encore 1: Better Man, Come Back, Elderly Woman, Last Kiss (with members of DNA foundation mentioned in Ed speech), Alive

Encore 2: State Of Love And Trust, Blood, Even Flow, Comatose, Leash, Rockin' In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter/(Star Spangled Banner)
2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    My Morning Jacket Set List: At Dawn, Off the Record, What a Wonderful Man, Gideon, One Big Holiday, Dondante, Anytime, Mahgeetah

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options
    My 10th PJ show :D !!

my tailgate party, got there around 2-230 and we parked in what seemed to be the 10c lot because i met so many people last night from this board and from the 10c. it was the one to the left on Harbour Blvd.
    we had about 10 or so people with us, so we had a pretty big crowd. tonite we are going to have alot more because more of my friends were onyl able to get tix for tonite .
    the first thing i did when i got there was grab my 10c tix with my friend who iwas sitting with, i was pleased with my seats, i dont have a great # so i didint expect anything more, plus i knew last nights show probabaly had the most 10c memebers in attendance.

the Parking lot scene was so nice, most of the entire day i spent walking around meeting so many people. and everyone was sooo nice and welcoming. i strained my voice before the fucking concert from talking so much. I walked around with my friend "LArge" who was showing everyone he saw his picture in Entertainment Weekly. ( PS: sorry if he got on anyone's nerves ). i stopped by the CCFA table and met up with a few people from the board, also ways to see pit members.
    i just have to say, the peopel who were tailgating next to us really came to party . i mean they didnt spare any expense. they had EVERYTHING , any Kind of food from cookies,pasta salads,various different meats, pizza, etc etc. mean the could have feed a third world country with all of their food.
    i went in early to see MMC who were awesome . stopped by the WMMR table and talked to Nick and MAtt Cord from MMR, they are two really genuinely nice people. but you can tell they really wanted to talk to everyone but they ahd a job to do as well and sometimes it looked alittle frustrating for them

MMJ were great even though i only got see 3 songs fro mthem becuase i got stuck in the 10c merchandise line for eternity!
    they ended with Mahgeeta which is my favorite song from them.

THen it was show time !! i cant tell you how fucking insane the crowd went for this band. there is so much love for these guy on the east coast , its unbelievable. from Boston to WAsh, the East cant get enough.

They started out with Wasted Reprise which was nice to hear, and the crowd gave homage to Boom!!. then they went Right into 7 Rockers. Life Wasted, WWS, DTE, Animal, Severed Hand, Corduroy, Marker in the Sand, all of which made the crowd go insane. and i dont know why people keep saying that the crowd isnt showing love for the new songs, because from what i saw last night , they fucking loved them. especially Severed Hand and unemployable. the chorus parts were being sung so loud.
    And Then of course Edide had to continue to instigate the fight of whether the Tweeter Center is Philly or NJ. " Where the Fuck Are WE!!"

Lukin into Not4 you was great , lots of energy. i was really amazed how the show was turning out. If anything the show was a DEFINITE ROCK SHOW for sure. Daughter even though ancient now a days still has that umph with the crowd. and i prayed for this tour that they would regroup and learn the full version of WMA, but i guess ill take my Tag and walk on.
    the closing four songs from the main set were just magical Jeremy, Present Tense , Why go , and Porch. god you couldnt ask for more of a perfect ender. the crowd gave so much love for all ofthese songs. Hearing Present tense live never gets old . as one of my favorite songs, everytime i hear it live its real special. Porch was crazy, he started it out real real slow this time, almost so where i didnt recoginze it at first, then he pumped right intothe words. the solo band jam was awesome , they huddled up to them selves and enjoyed a rock out session .

When they came back the crowd let them know we were ready for anything. he introduced the entire band and then said he would also like us to join , and which seems like a philly staple, let us sing the first verse. Come back Live, i cant say it enough was truly amazing to hear live, and the Corwd sung along to every word, which gave me a smile .

after small town came the long speech about wrongly convicted people and the lack of DNA testing. and the introduction to some of the people whos convictions were overturned. they stayed on stage and helped the band out with Last kiss, and then edd said following LK " this next song is for them" , and then irght into ALive!

Second Encore was something, and i know many people agree, VErY UNEXPECTED. i just figured maybe three songs one of them being YLB.BUT NO, a TRULY BALLS TO THE WALL ROCKER!!!! Ed told the corwd " its saturday night and we dont have anywhere to go " and ripped right into SOLAT< then into BLOOD! then most Surprising, a Second Encore EVENFLOW???, the crowd at this point from all of the energy the band was releasing were going insane. there was one guy way up front maybe in the first row who didnt stop jumping up and down the entire concert, that was great!
    then the band decided to truly bring down the house with COmatose, which everyone loved and rocked out to , and then the moment we were all waiting for........... LEASH!!!!!! i cant even tell you what the place looked like when the band jumped right into it, i mean from the opening riff to the very last guitar strum, and place did not stop jumping and screaming. ithought there was going to be a riot !!! J/k and it sounded soo good , just like the good old days !!!
    then came the closing Staples!! RITFW and YLB, to whic hthe crowd made sure the band knew our appreciation for everything!!! ritfw was full of energy. i think we supplied the city of camden with its electricity last night. and ylb amazingly the crowd stayed for every part and sung along

then after 2hours and 45 mintues of pure rock the concert was over!! and then i hightailed back to the ferry ;D
    last night was just simply magical, and everyone around me was have a great itime , sec 202 were animals !! i cant wait for tonite !
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • Options
    thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    i had such an awesome time with everyone this weekend who showed up at the "green tent" :D
    it was great to meet some new board people and hang out with some of the "regulars".

camden 1 was a great time. great "hits" set-list. was happy to hear i am mine and present tense...i was kind of shocked to hear leash. i didnt think they would play it and was def caught off guard by it!!!!! (my fanview will be better for night 2 i promise-LAST NIGHT WAS FUCKING AWESOME)

our seats were great, section 102 row W, dead center. great view of the stage...

a big THANK YOU to the guy who PUKED TWICE next to us before the show even started. real classy. even better, the fact that no one cleaned it up.
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • Options
    Spark123321Spark123321 Posts: 39
    This was my 5th Show. Sunday was my 6th. I had a great time. I have been a fan since 92, but i never got to see the band live until 03. i have been to 6 show since then. Better late than never..... So, please don't hate, but i had never seen Jeremy live until tonite. I have been a huge fan of the song, but hearing it in person for the first time was really intense. Present Tense felt the same....as did why go. I also had never heard Porch or I Am Mine live. All were very powerful. AND FUCKIN LEASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks to the band for sure......
  • Options
    jchais01jchais01 Posts: 129
    Present Tense was the highlight of the night for me.....until Blood, Comatose and Leash in the 2nd Encore!!!! How the fuck do these guys save up the energy for 2+ Hours to come out and fucking rock those 3 songs at the end!!! I LOVE THIS FUCKING BAND TO DEATH!!!!!
    "Delight in Our Youth"
  • Options
    My first PJ show, It was Un Fucking Believable!
    "I sometimes wonder why there isn't a Tee-Pees R Us."

-Ed
  • Options
    amiami Posts: 4
    I Believe the Camden 1 Show was amazing, my experience was not. Pearl jam is the rare band that never seems to let you down..aways playing hard and giving their soul!
  • Options
    ytimkytimk Posts: 2
    The highlight of my night was walking through the dump that they used for a parking lot. That was Hawesome! Classy bunch of fans that night.
    09/24/96 - 09/18/98 - 08/03/00 - 04/28/03 - 07/12/03 - 10/01/04 - 10/03/05 - 05/27/06 - 06/19/08
  • Options
    acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    Great show!
    Leash! about time!
    Very happy even though I could not go the second night and they played Wash.
    Missed it again, fuck!
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    kosteva2kosteva2 Posts: 286
    Good show. Not the best I've been to, but definitely not the worst. A lot of the new songs worked well in the beginning of the first set. Severed Hand and Comatose were the highlights of the new songs and have the best chance to hold up on future tours. Present Tense and Porch were probably the best versions I've heard live of those songs. The first encore didn't work that well for me compared to other first encores I've seen. I thought it was a little too "soft." The second encore was pretty good with Leash. This show had a lot of the "singalong" songs like Betterman, Elderly Woman, Jeremy, Alive, Daughter. If you're into that, this might be one of the best shows on the tour. Personally, I would have preferred that they played more B-sides/rarities/covers as they did on the Fall '05 and VFC '04 tours.
    TFC '97, TFC '98, Pittsburgh '98, Camden I,II '98, Camden I,II '00, Pittsburgh '00, Philly '03, Camden I,II '03, MSG I,II '03, Hershey '03, Reading '04, Philly '05, Camden I,II '06, Meadowlands I '06, Camden I,II '08, DC '08, Spectrum I,II,III,IV '09, Made in America '12, Philly I,II '13, GCF '15, Philly I,II '16, MSG I '16, Apollo ‘22, MSG ‘22, Camden ‘22
  • Options
    LBC1076LBC1076 Posts: 224
    ytimk wrote:
    The highlight of my night was walking through the dump that they used for a parking lot. That was Hawesome! Classy bunch of fans that night.

Yeah wasn't that nice, now I know why the band doesn't allow fans to bring blankets, keep bottle caps on our water or when I pay 3 bucks for a water, I get to have it poured into a cup. Thanks PJ, I'm glad you take care of the ones who aren't complete jackasses, just lump us all into the same group won't you.

Oh and to the guy that felt the need to sneak in Jim Beam, in a ziplock bag no less, I really hope that you staggered out on to the tracks walking to where ever it is that you had to go at the end of the show and the train at the least destroyed your ability to reproduce.....douchebag.

Again I can't say enough how impressed I was by the enviromentally conscious Pearl Jam fans wake left in the parking lot across from the venue. Great Job.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    kosteva2 wrote:
    Good show. Not the best I've been to, but definitely not the worst. A lot of the new songs worked well in the beginning of the first set. Severed Hand and Comatose were the highlights of the new songs and have the best chance to hold up on future tours. Present Tense and Porch were probably the best versions I've heard live of those songs. The first encore didn't work that well for me compared to other first encores I've seen. I thought it was a little too "soft." The second encore was pretty good with Leash. This show had a lot of the "singalong" songs like Betterman, Elderly Woman, Jeremy, Alive, Daughter. If you're into that, this might be one of the best shows on the tour. Personally, I would have preferred that they played more B-sides/rarities/covers as they did on the Fall '05 and VFC '04 tours.

I have to agree, the main set was great, first encore was a letdown, and the second encore was strong.

I liked it better than Hartford, but not as much as Albany.
    We shall see how this weekend in NJ goes.
  • Options
    T-Bone 82T-Bone 82 Posts: 392
    What an insane night...I was attending both shows so I figured I'd take it easy on Saturday night...well, that really did not turn out to be the case.

We arrived (my brother, his friend, and my girlfriend) to the parking lot around 6:45 and cracked a few beers. My brother and his friend were blazing their faces off, which was completely hilarious because I have never really seen my brother high. He just gets this goofy smile on his face that just stays there for hours.

So, after some good ol' parking lot fun, we headed into the venue around 8:50 or so. We made a mistake there - we should have left around 8:20. Even though we knew the show would start very soon, we decided to try and buy one round of beers. The line at the Budweiser stand was SO FUCKING SLOW. I don't know what those guys were doing back there, but the line was no more than 10 people deep and it took us 20 minutes to get to the front.

So we finally get to the front of the line and some girl cuts in front of my girlfriend and tries to snake a few beers before we do...then all hell breaks loose. She curses at my girl, calls her a bitch, and then pushes her. Well, they my girl pushes her and a good old fashioned cat fight breaks out.

People are trying to break it up and some guy is trying to push my girlfriend away and then I decided to load up and throw a hard right hand into his jaw. The kid was stunned. I decided right then to grab my girlfriend and get the fuck out of there before we got thrown out. We managed to get on the lawn undetected, although we never got our beers...sadly.

So, after that ridiculous event, we finally got up to the lawn during "Animal". I was so pissed that we missed songs. I never miss songs. Its the cardinal sin @ a PJ concert. Anyway, it took us 3 or 4 more songs to find my brother and his friend. We finally did, managed to calm down, and enjoyed an excellent, excellent show.

It really was a great setlist and the band sounded great...dead-on on almost every single song. Truly a great concert and a very memorable experience in general. I do wish that fight didn't happen, but in a way, it was kind of cool to get in fight with my girlfriend against another couple. Plus, we won.
    "Darkness comes in waves, tell me, why invite it to stay?"
  • Options
    GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    LBC1076 wrote:
    Yeah wasn't that nice, now I know why the band doesn't allow fans to bring blankets, keep bottle caps on our water or when I pay 3 bucks for a water, I get to have it poured into a cup. Thanks PJ, I'm glad you take care of the ones who aren't complete jackasses, just lump us all into the same group won't you.

Oh and to the guy that felt the need to sneak in Jim Beam, in a ziplock bag no less, I really hope that you staggered out on to the tracks walking to where ever it is that you had to go at the end of the show and the train at the least destroyed your ability to reproduce.....douchebag.

Again I can't say enough how impressed I was by the enviromentally conscious Pearl Jam fans wake left in the parking lot across from the venue. Great Job.

Haha, oh camden, you're so pretty.. We were stuck in traffic next to the jail, and I could see a guy in the window slit who looked like he was being thrown up against the window.. We got out sorta quickly after the 9 hours in the parking garage. I thought for some reason that would be quicker.. Oh well. I had a GREAT time. I brought a causal fan with me who LOVED the show. It was a good mix of songs for that sort of thing. I understand the people who want to see more b-sides and such, but for the causal fan it was nice to have some songs he knew. I was pumped to hear Marker in the Sand. I LOVE that song so much. The people next to us were so high/drunk they were jumping on us, and the guy kept yelling at me like I was the security guard. "Stop trying to keep me from my girlllllllllll" Kudos to the woman working one of the bud stands, she was really nice and friendly. And to the guard near us who told us about the early beer cut off and was really friendly. He also was singing every word. He was a nice guy. The crowd seemed really into it all night, with the exception of the woman directly infront of me who sat down the whole time and looked miserable. I wanted to pull her up and make her dance. I felt bad for her, she looked like she rather be dead then there.
    I guess I am one of the few who enjoyed all the vs/ten songs... The new songs sounded great live, and ed's voice sounded very powerful and not worn out at all. I had a great time, and could see the stage really well, even from the 203 section. No complaints from me.

BTW, LBC, do you remember me?? How the hell have you been?!
  • Options
    I have to say that reading some of the posts in here, I wonder if I attended the same show as some of these other "fans". My experience couldn't have been any better. Stayed at the Radisson Warwick downtown, took a $7.00 cab ride to the River Ferry, waited 10 minutes to the Ferry to leave and another ten minutes we were at the Tweeter Center. Found our ten club seats (section 102 row N - pretty good for a fairly new member) grabbed a couple of beers and enjoyed MMJ and Pearl Jam. No fights near me, no one throwing up just everyone having a good time. Great energy, rocking show and I particularly liked the new tunes. I have only seen PJ three times - Reading, Wachovia last Fall and this show but I'm impressed as to how consistently a tight band they are. I also can't help but think of some other cover songs that I would love PJ to try....they do such a great job of interpreting other bands music. My only complaint is not hearing Baba O'Reilly - they saved that for the second show. One of my favorites....
  • Options
    LBC1076LBC1076 Posts: 224
    Haha, oh camden, you're so pretty.. We were stuck in traffic next to the jail, and I could see a guy in the window slit who looked like he was being thrown up against the window.. We got out sorta quickly after the 9 hours in the parking garage. I thought for some reason that would be quicker.. Oh well. I had a GREAT time. I brought a causal fan with me who LOVED the show. It was a good mix of songs for that sort of thing. I understand the people who want to see more b-sides and such, but for the causal fan it was nice to have some songs he knew. I was pumped to hear Marker in the Sand. I LOVE that song so much. The people next to us were so high/drunk they were jumping on us, and the guy kept yelling at me like I was the security guard. "Stop trying to keep me from my girlllllllllll" Kudos to the woman working one of the bud stands, she was really nice and friendly. And to the guard near us who told us about the early beer cut off and was really friendly. He also was singing every word. He was a nice guy. The crowd seemed really into it all night, with the exception of the woman directly infront of me who sat down the whole time and looked miserable. I wanted to pull her up and make her dance. I felt bad for her, she looked like she rather be dead then there.
    I guess I am one of the few who enjoyed all the vs/ten songs... The new songs sounded great live, and ed's voice sounded very powerful and not worn out at all. I had a great time, and could see the stage really well, even from the 203 section. No complaints from me.

BTW, LBC, do you remember me?? How the hell have you been?!

Hey Gray! :P

I do remember you, and I've been really good, kind of busy as I get ready to move home in a month or so.

How are you??
  • Options
    GushfestGushfest Posts: 56
    had a real good time. enjoyed the parking lot scene. finally got to meet the cool people from touringvan.com

i have one complaint that my friends agree with...and i have yet to read it on here. i thought sound mix and level could have been better. the show wasnt loud enough and i thought some of the solos could have been mixed better. does anybody agree/disagree?
    Stage College 03, Philly 05, Camden 06, Los Angeles 06, Los Angeles 07 (Ed solo w/ Flea and Jack Irons), MSG I & II 08, Beacon 08, Ed NYC II
  • Options
    T-Bone 82 wrote:
    What an insane night...I was attending both shows so I figured I'd take it easy on Saturday night...well, that really did not turn out to be the case.

We arrived (my brother, his friend, and my girlfriend) to the parking lot around 6:45 and cracked a few beers. My brother and his friend were blazing their faces off, which was completely hilarious because I have never really seen my brother high. He just gets this goofy smile on his face that just stays there for hours.

So, after some good ol' parking lot fun, we headed into the venue around 8:50 or so. We made a mistake there - we should have left around 8:20. Even though we knew the show would start very soon, we decided to try and buy one round of beers. The line at the Budweiser stand was SO FUCKING SLOW. I don't know what those guys were doing back there, but the line was no more than 10 people deep and it took us 20 minutes to get to the front.

So we finally get to the front of the line and some girl cuts in front of my girlfriend and tries to snake a few beers before we do...then all hell breaks loose. She curses at my girl, calls her a bitch, and then pushes her. Well, they my girl pushes her and a good old fashioned cat fight breaks out.

People are trying to break it up and some guy is trying to push my girlfriend away and then I decided to load up and throw a hard right hand into his jaw. The kid was stunned. I decided right then to grab my girlfriend and get the fuck out of there before we got thrown out. We managed to get on the lawn undetected, although we never got our beers...sadly.

So, after that ridiculous event, we finally got up to the lawn during "Animal". I was so pissed that we missed songs. I never miss songs. Its the cardinal sin @ a PJ concert. Anyway, it took us 3 or 4 more songs to find my brother and his friend. We finally did, managed to calm down, and enjoyed an excellent, excellent show.

It really was a great setlist and the band sounded great...dead-on on almost every single song. Truly a great concert and a very memorable experience in general. I do wish that fight didn't happen, but in a way, it was kind of cool to get in fight with my girlfriend against another couple. Plus, we won.

dude you suckered him, i would not call it a fight, more like a cheapshot, since you ran away
    NO TIME TO BE VOID OR SAVE UP ON LIFE, YOU GOT TO SPEND IT ALL!!!!!!!
  • Options
    groovNgroovN Posts: 92
    great concert - even better as i listen to it now :)

great energy - the sound was a little off - but i had great 10club seats- dead center row v or was it u? anywho, they were awesome :) so thank you again 10club!!!!

the sing along during present tense was intense :) did they ever do that before? very cool! people sang word for word during the entire concert and that was great!

love this boot :D
    picture an empty cup in the middle of the sea
  • Options
    groovNgroovN Posts: 92
    Gushfest wrote:
    had a real good time. enjoyed the parking lot scene. finally got to meet the cool people from touringvan.com

i have one complaint that my friends agree with...and i have yet to read it on here. i thought sound mix and level could have been better. the show wasnt loud enough and i thought some of the solos could have been mixed better. does anybody agree/disagree?

totally agree - even as i listen to the boot, the sound seems a little off in some of the early songs. but throughout the night, i thought the sound was pretty *tin-y*, not deep. jeff's mike is up waaaaaaay too much in wws, which is funny cause ya never really hear jeff, he sounds ok, but a little barband-ish :P (by the way, ed did an amazing job with those lyrics ;) )

i usually really like the sound at the tweeter because there is so much room for the sound to travel and when its nice and humid, it really mellows out the sound (yeah, im a geek). but something was up that night.

the sound on sunday night was soooooooooooo much better!
    picture an empty cup in the middle of the sea
  • Options
    GetRight7GetRight7 Posts: 63
    My friend and I traveled from Boston down to the show.....def worth the trip...the setlist was amazing the guys were right on!! I thought the crowd SUCKED!!! Of course I sat on the lawn cause I didnt get my tenclub tickets for this show...but the crowd was so terrible...I NEVER seen a drunker crowd...I have never been scared for my safety at a PJ concert until Camden...My friend had to go to the bathroom during the show and I didnt want to be left alone and didnt want her going alone.....we were both that nervous!! No one within a 50+ foot radious (sp) knew any of the song (besides the wicked popular ones) NO ONE knew what the hell Present Tense was...that pisses me off for some reason....but it was a great show.....I was just SOOOOO dissapointed in the crowd!!....I will have to listen back to the boot to see how the closer crowd was....hopefully better than the damn lawn! Camden is a shit hole though....and I am not sure if I will be heading back there anytime soon :(
    If peace is real why can't the world be it?

Red Rover Mike McCready take over.........

9-15-98, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 9-28-04, 9-29-04, 9-15-05, 5-13-06, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-27-06, 6-27-08, 6-28-08, 6-30-08, 10-30-09, 10-31-09, 5-15-10, 5-17-10
  • Options
    redvedderredvedder Posts: 56
    I had one of the best weekends of my life this past weekend. Pearl Jam fans really know how to put on a parking lot party!!!!!!!!! The boys ROCKED both nights and hearing LEASH live for the first time was amazing. All I kept thinking the rest of the night was "I can't believe I heard Leash!".
    I wish we could all do it again this weekend...
    "Oh dear dad, can you see me now? I am myself, like you somehow."

CAMDEN 8.29.98{}CAMDEN 9.2.00{}SPECTRUM 4.28.03{}CAMDEN 7.5.03{}CAMDEN 7.6.03{}WACHOVIA 10.3.05{}CAMDEN 5.27.06{}CAMDEN 5.28.06{}CAMDEN 6.19.08{}CAMDEN 6.20.08{} MANSFIELD 6.28.08{}EV @ Tower Theater 6.12.09{}SPECTRUM 10.28.09{}SPECTRUM 10.30.09{}SPECTRUM (RIP) 10.31.09{}MSG 5.21.10{}EV @ Tower Theater 6.25.11{}Alpine Valley 9.3.11{}Alpine Valley 9.4.11
  • Options
    T-Bone 82T-Bone 82 Posts: 392
    dude you suckered him, i would not call it a fight, more like a cheapshot, since you ran away

It may have been somewhat of a sucker punch, I'll admit that. But we did stare at each other for a good couple of seconds and he had plenty of time to make a move if he wanted to.

I was telling my story of the night, not trying to celebrate my manhood on a message board.
    "Darkness comes in waves, tell me, why invite it to stay?"
  • Options
    in response to the person who said the fans sucked when he was on the lawn...The fans on the lawn are always not going to be as good as the fans up front...you gotta think that most of the people with lawn tix arent the biggest fans plus its hard to really see the show when you are on the lawn, thus making it harder to get into. The fans up front were all rocking out pretty hard as well as the people next to me! The lawn seats are kind of like people with really bad seats during an arean show, they just arent going to be as into it as people in the pit....plan and simple.
  • Options
    alex_scalex_sc Posts: 116
    We had a great time. Not much to add but this: Camden I was my second show ever, with Philly 05 being the first. Last year at the Wachovia center I sat next to a guy who was pretty cool...couldn't believe my eyes when he showed up at Camden right next to me again! Pretty crazy -- crazier still because I've come up from South Carolina for both shows. We must have 10c numbers one apart from each other or something.

Anyway, Luke, if you're out there it was a blast and it was good to meet you (twice). Hope you had a good time the second night.

alex
    Philly 05 ~ Camden I 06 ~ DC 06 ~ Columbia 08 ~ Va. Beach 08 ~ Camden I 08 ~ Atlanta 12 ~ Charlotte 13 ~ Columbia 16
  • Options
    lukins fridgelukins fridge Posts: 237
    the show/set was awesome. a little greatest-hitty, but they were taking requests from their stage guests i think. i love that this band loves to come to philly.

and yes, during leash that place looked like it was going to explode. it really is a great song; it's always been one of my favs even before this "movement" started.

all that being said, i absolutely hate that venue and will not be returning (probably not). it is not set up to get people in and out, there are rather scary people in the parking lot (camden was recently voted america's most dangerous city), they have like two bathrooms for all those people, and the sound is terrible. i've seen pj twice there, the white stripes, pixies, radiohead, beastie boys, the strokes...same thing everytime.

cheers!
    Those undecided,........ Needn't have faith to be free
    And those misguided, There was a plan for them to be
    Now you got both sides Claiming killing in Gods name
    But God is nowhere,..... To be found, conveniently

What goes on?
  • Options
    I had a great time in section 202, row P. most people around me were so into it. 8th time seeing them and they only seem to get better. New songs sound great live. only complaint is the annoying drunk girl behind me singing so bad at the top of her lungs. couldn't even hear Eddie. someone finally told her to shut the F up. and to the guy with your little kid, yes, i'm gonna drink and smoke, it isn't Barney on ice.
  • Options
    I think that my experience was a bit jaded in that this was my first PJ concert, but I had a great time. I have been a fan for about 10 years, but the fates always seemed to conspire against me. I never had enough money or couldn't get anyone to go with me, but this felt like it was well worth the wait.

The tailgating was awesome, so many cool people. We rolled right up into the lot and didn't have a problem parking at all. We kept the T-tops off and let the radio play loud while we kicked back a couple of Yuenglings. When we finally went in and heard Eddie come out and play "Gone" before MMJ, I could have gone home happy at that point. I unfortunately had lawn tickets, so I really did notice that not everyone there was such a hardcore fan. Lots of drunken Frat guys and such. No one even seemed to notice my "Citizen Dick" T-shirt which I though was really really cool (especially considering all the Ten and VS that got played). They all went nuts for "Jeremy", but I was the only one I could see jumping up and down for "Leash". The best part though was that I got to hear my all time favorite "Corduroy". I could have died a happy man.

Overall though, I don't think I could have asked for a better show (except maybe actual seats and not grass, which I saved a little bit of by the way.).

P.S. If anyone knows where I can get a copy of that version of "Gone", I would be eternally grateful to them.
  • Options
    pearljamnewfpearljamnewf Posts: 204
    Well after the Boston double header this was a tough show to try to compete. The 2nd encore saved the show. Awesome second encore. I was in the pit on Mike's side and the huge moron sitting next to me was so out of it he couldn't even stand up. That caused me to not enjoy the show as much as I should have cause Mike was hammin it up for us. He is the man!! SOLAT, Blood, EvenFlow with eddie introducing the song "mike wants to play", then Comatose (which is absolutely incredible, that was the most jumping I did the whole show), then Leash (amazing live) and RITFW....third show in a row, it never gets old glad we got Baba night 2 though.

My first amphitheatre experience and being right down front I can tell you it wasn't overly loud. The crowd noise just doesn't funnell down to the stage like it should. No doubt the 26,000 people there were loud however an arena gets much louder.

Come Back was great, and Gone as the preset was amazing. Being down front I was almost deaf the speakers were kicking. I was directly in front of the huge stacks hanging from the ceiling. My ears are still ringing 5 days later, but that's how I love it.
  • Options
    eddiez74eddiez74 Posts: 5
    I think that my experience was a bit jaded in that this was my first PJ concert, but I had a great time. I have been a fan for about 10 years, but the fates always seemed to conspire against me. I never had enough money or couldn't get anyone to go with me, but this felt like it was well worth the wait.

The tailgating was awesome, so many cool people. We rolled right up into the lot and didn't have a problem parking at all. We kept the T-tops off and let the radio play loud while we kicked back a couple of Yuenglings. When we finally went in and heard Eddie come out and play "Gone" before MMJ, I could have gone home happy at that point. I unfortunately had lawn tickets, so I really did notice that not everyone there was such a hardcore fan. Lots of drunken Frat guys and such. No one even seemed to notice my "Citizen Dick" T-shirt which I though was really really cool (especially considering all the Ten and VS that got played). They all went nuts for "Jeremy", but I was the only one I could see jumping up and down for "Leash". The best part though was that I got to hear my all time favorite "Corduroy". I could have died a happy man.

Overall though, I don't think I could have asked for a better show (except maybe actual seats and not grass, which I saved a little bit of by the way.).

P.S. If anyone knows where I can get a copy of that version of "Gone", I would be eternally grateful to them.

If it makes you feel any better, my buddy noticed a guy with a Citizen Dick t-shirt on. We were section 104, row M so if you were in that area, we saw it and highly enjoyed it!