Options

*** Camden II Fanviews 5/28 Here ***

13»

Comments

• Options
    taetum19 wrote:
    well, lets see which is better......i'm a wang who continuously lets his 10C membership expire (first joined in '96) and has never been able to take advantage of 10C tix at any of the 20-30 shows i've been to, so the lawn it was for me both nights......

which would you rather, a drunken girl passed out in her own puke in front of you OR a couple changing their babies shit soaked, stinkin ass diaper right in front of you........i'll take the puke any day!!! odd thing to bring a newborn to a concert like that, i mean, get a sitter.

didnt spoil my time though, and the kid will have no recollection of the show or the fact that his parents cleaned his poopey pants in front of thousands of hard rockin PJ fans. classic. i hope they at least remembered the ear plugs, or the kid might have permanent recollection of the show......and permanent ear damage too.....

"poopey diaper" LMFAO....holy S#$% that was funny. you gotta laugh to right cause it is really f$#%ing sad- the shit people do.
    "I'm OPEN...

6/25/04 MSG,NYC
    10/3/05 Philly,PA
    5/13/06 Hartford, CT
    5/28/06 Camden,NJ

myspace.com/poofgoody
  • Options
    taetum19 wrote:
    uh, they didnt play in philly on halloween, it was 10/3/05......not to be a douche, but, hey, its what i do.

Thanks for clarifying that show date! I wasnt sure ...
    "I'm OPEN...

6/25/04 MSG,NYC
    10/3/05 Philly,PA
    5/13/06 Hartford, CT
    5/28/06 Camden,NJ

myspace.com/poofgoody
  • Options
    I am nearly 100% positive they played Once at this show, the other song i think people missed but i'm not sure is spin the black circle ... what the deuce?
  • Options
    elevation622elevation622 Posts: 926
    For the Record and very few people will probably see this, I had a great time Camden 2. Although we took a limo and I got a little too wasted, from the lawn they looked like ants and the fact they played Glorified G which I loathe, Finally hearing Leash plus Garden, RVM, Wash, Baba O'Rielly, You Are, Ledbetter with the Star Spangled Banner, and Satan's Bed was fuckin' worth the price of admission. Thank You Pearl Jam!
  • Options
    overstandoverstand Posts: 54
    Wow, with that setlist..you fuckers might have beat us out here in Boston...

nice....sounded like a great show and good vibe all around.

what can be said but pj is the best fucking band on the planet.
  • Options
    MyRiotActMyRiotAct Posts: 1
    OK, I admit, I haven't read every single post on this thread. So maybe someone covered this already. Just got back to NC after seeing Camden II. Sorry if I'm repeating. AMAZING show, probably the best show I've ever seen in my life. Not a fan of the ledbetter closer, but other than that, I was completely blown away. But what I came here to talk about: did anyone else on the lawn see the ad on the big screens for the concessions stands flash quickly right before they finished RVM? For me, it was like having my Mom walk in on me doing it right before my orgasm. I mean, that RVM was off the hook. I'm really mad at the Tweeter Center right now. Any thoughts?
    "...the most beautiful thing in life is that our souls remain hovering over the places where we once enjoyed ourselves." - Kahlil Gibran
  • Options
    BoltOfLightnin'BoltOfLightnin' South Jersey Posts: 708
    MyRiotAct wrote:
    OK, I admit, I haven't read every single post on this thread. So maybe someone covered this already. Just got back to NC after seeing Camden II. Sorry if I'm repeating. AMAZING show, probably the best show I've ever seen in my life. Not a fan of the ledbetter closer, but other than that, I was completely blown away. But what I came here to talk about: did anyone else on the lawn see the ad on the big screens for the concessions stands flash quickly right before they finished RVM? For me, it was like having my Mom walk in on me doing it right before my orgasm. I mean, that RVM was off the hook. I'm really mad at the Tweeter Center right now. Any thoughts?

I DID see that too!!! I was like WTF...subliminal messages??? I think it was after they stopped selling beer too...damn it! I got really thirsty :)
    No time to be void or save up on life...you've got to spend it all.
  • Options
    bildo703bildo703 Posts: 51
    I Was At Sitting First Row 102 A On The Aisle Rt Behind Pit
    Security Def An Issue As People Would Sneak Up And I Would Have To Get Them Thrown Out As I Was Bumped Into A Few Hundred Times
    Back In My Younger Days I Would Have Dropped Them But At 33 There Is No Place For Fists At A Pj Concert

The Energy Was High, Music Was F'n Awesome, Def Some Meatheads In Attendance

Drop The Leash Get Of My F'n Face
    Randall's 2 96 Cont 98 Cam 1 2 98
    Cam 1 2 00 Phi 03 St Col 03 Cam 1 2 03
    AC 1 2 05 Phi 05
    Cam 1 2 06 Cont 1 2 06
    Dussel 07 Hurr 07 Copen 07
    Nij 07 Werchter 07 Lolla 07,
    Bonnaroo 08 CAM 1 2 08 MSG 2 08
    Spectrum 09 1,3,4
    Pru ctr 10
    Wrigley 13
  • Options
    boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    I am nearly 100% positive they played Once at this show, the other song i think people missed but i'm not sure is spin the black circle ... what the deuce?

They played neither.

I felt Camden II was far superior to Camden I. The band was tighter. The setlist was better. It was probably my favorite of the ten shows I have attended. I was surprised at seeing ten songs repeated from the previous night (and then again at D.C.). I wish they would leave out Evenflow, Corduroy, and Do the Evolution occasionally. Wash as an opener was a huge thrill. As for the people, this was my first time in Philly/Camden, and there must be an asshole magnet buried beneath the city or something. What a horrible, miserable collection of people.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • Options
    boroff89 wrote:
    As for the people, this was my first time in Philly/Camden, and there must be an asshole magnet buried beneath the city or something. What a horrible, miserable collection of people.

im from Philly, andi think that comment is fucking hilarious, i just read that and spit out my soda :D
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • Options
    SwantonSwanton Posts: 77
    im from Philly, andi think that comment is fucking hilarious, i just read that and spit out my soda :D

Hilarious!

I live in Houston now, but grew up in South Jersey for the first 21 years of my life. I was able to get back for the 2nd show on Sunday night and it was awesome.

However, if you are not accustomed to the type of people out there, it can be very jarring. Plus, you add in alcohol, drugs, and a general sense of disinhibition because of the "mob mentality" (not Sopranos), and people can be idiots.

I mean, my brother is a mean bastard who seems to thrive on arguing with people, but I love the guy. What can you do??
    You will try.
  • Options
    boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    Swanton wrote:
    Hilarious!

I live in Houston now, but grew up in South Jersey for the first 21 years of my life. I was able to get back for the 2nd show on Sunday night and it was awesome.

However, if you are not accustomed to the type of people out there, it can be very jarring. Plus, you add in alcohol, drugs, and a general sense of disinhibition because of the "mob mentality" (not Sopranos), and people can be idiots.

I mean, my brother is a mean bastard who seems to thrive on arguing with people, but I love the guy. What can you do??

Yeah, I am sure a lot of it was culture shock for me. I just have never gotten such a mean vibe from so many people. As a New York Giants fan, I have seen plenty of that from a distance with Eagles fans too. Oh well. On the plus side, my brother and I went back east because the crowds out here typically suck, and the Camden crowds definitely rocked. I don't understand the comments that crowd wasn't that into it. People need to get some perspective and attend a show at the Shoreline or something. When the place is packed, just about everyone is standing, and a huge majority of those people are rocking out, that's a good crowd. Both Camden crowds were substantially better than the D.C. crowd, and out of my ten shows, only the Vancouver crowd in 2003 may have been louder.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • Options
    greenghostgreenghost Posts: 22
    hey does any1 have either of the 2 bootlegs yet??? i was at both shows and am probably going to get sundays show...just looking for some feedback from any1 who may already have them or are considering getting them.
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    were the olsen twins at one of the shows? are these rumors?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    1st post for me ever... be kind :p I'll try not to make this a super long story, lets just say it's been an amazing spring for me! :)

After several Pearl Jam related events, happenings (Irving Plaza) I pondered just how much I really, really love the band. I've thought about getting a tattoo before, but I could never think of an image that represented something really important to me that I would permenantly mark myself with, until now!

I had been mulling it over for a month or so & decided to do it on the weekend of the Camden shows (Sunday afternoon @ about 4:20) in between shows :D
    I know it's not unique or anything, but I got the lil ALIVE guy on my arm in black. BLACK & ALIVE are probably still my 2 favorite songs & my tattoo kind of represents them both ;) So once I was done & my girl was done getting a piercing we drove off to Camden (1hr 45min)

For me, it was one of the best Pearl Jam shows EVER! The highlight was when they played BLACK & the lyrics about "washed in black, tattooed everything, etc" just HIT ME! :) BLACK made me cry and I'm not ashamed to admit it, it was so sweet ;)Then Crazy Mary & ALIVE!?!? :eek: :p My girl said to me "You'll never forget today as long as you live" AND I won't ever

P.S. I've read a lot about the crowd sucking, I disagree, Everyone around me seemed really pumped and totally into the show :)
    Oh, if I knew where it was, I would take you there, but there's much more than this.
    Ooooh. Whoooa, much more than this. Woooh see the world. Much more than... Oooh, much more than.. Why?
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    welcome to the board!!! tattooedeverything.com
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    VVVFFVVVFF Posts: 9
    Great seats again for Camden 2. After the traffic mess from the first night, my friend and I decided to take cabs. No problem getting to the venue, and one of the police officers directing traffic showed us where cabs usually pick people up afte the show.

We rushed to the rail as soon as we got inside, figuring all the second row people would know the situation now...and most did. Again, I met some great pj fans. I had met one girl before at some of the Canada shows. Some really tall guy ended up behind me, but he wasn't pushy at all.

Loved Eddie's pre-set and him singing with MMJ. He gave a pick to a girl next to me after the pre-set. I had never seen him do that before!

I loved every song...ok, even Comatose...and was thrilled to hear Crazy Mary again.

Eddie mentioned during the first set that Mike had a lot of balls. Like 5 baseballs sitting on his amps. Eddie then said something like 'I had one cut off so I can reach the high notes. See how I sacrifice'...

Later, maybe during Man of the Hour...a real serious, quiet, sit down number, my friend said quietly to me, 'he can really hit such high notes'. I replied, 'guess he really did get one of his balls cut off'. She started laughing loudly, and so did I. Don't think Eddie noticed.

I was surprized when Eddie threw the towel at someone. He had already thrown down a microphone stand earlier (I think it was defective). And I was startled when he threw his guitar down towards us. It didn't go past the low machines in front of the stage...but it was a little frightening.

Course, I loved the whole show.

Don't try to get a cab from the venue though. After an hour of calling the cab company and them saying 'we're trying to get some cabs over there'...we finally ran to the ferry (or...I walked with my ace bandage). The ferry is the way to go! I think we caught the last one...then got a cab right away on the Philly side.
    There's more to balance than not falling over.
  • Options
    greenghostgreenghost Posts: 22
    on sunday night at camden they played you are....is that a cover...? never heard it before.........
  • Options
    jhinkle1114jhinkle1114 Posts: 207
    greenghost wrote:
    on sunday night at camden they played you are....is that a cover...? never heard it before.........

You Are is on Riot Act.
    2000: Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, DC
    2008: DC, Ed DC II
  • Options
    were the olsen twins at one of the shows? are these rumors?

I was @ the Irving Plaza show and although I did not see them I was told by a couple people they were seen in the VIP/Balcony, I did see Scott Ian (who flipped several fans off! :p), Tim Robbins, Susan Sarandon & someone I'm forgetting
    Oh, if I knew where it was, I would take you there, but there's much more than this.
    Ooooh. Whoooa, much more than this. Woooh see the world. Much more than... Oooh, much more than.. Why?
  • Options
    This was only my second time seeing Pearl Jam, although I have been a fan since high school. Wish I could see them so much more...I walked away from this show feeling amazing. The people around us were incredible and I loved the feeling I got just walking around and talking to random people. How many other shows does that happen at? I'm not sure, but I know there was this incredible vibe going on in the crowd...I've never felt anything quite like it.
    My 10c tix were great...I've been in 10c for only about 2 years, and was thinking I may end up on the lawn, but I was right near the soundboard, smack in the middle. There was no row in front of us, so there was plenty of dancing room for us! I just feel blessed for having been able to go...money is not good and most days I can't afford to survive, but my best friend and I got to the show and it's one I won't soon forget.

By the way, this is my first time posting here and I'm looking forward to meeting some great people!
  • Options
    AmphibyusAmphibyus Posts: 79
    onealdude wrote:
    I might have been part of the shirtless dudes from Florida.....kinda tall, dark hair and blonde hair? I have freaking bruises all over me. Everyone else still in tact? we were in 202 row j (forget the seats....pretty sure in the 60's)

Yeah bud, I was rompin' with y'all. Short dude, short read hair, hanging out with the brunet chica, suzanne. I totally lost my voice for three days after the show... probably becuase of comatose. As for the bruises, my hamstrings are still pretty colorful well over a week out. In any event, had a great time losin' my head with ya.
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812
    Hey all...

Here's a short little video of the Camden II CCFA Pre-Party & Fundraiser tailgate event...

See if you know some of the people in this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJJBpBmK5Ag :D
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥