Options

killing protected sharks :(

catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
edited October 2012 in A Moving Train
http://www.thestarphoenix.com/technolog ... story.html

SYDNEY - Australian officials, under pressure to protect beachgoers after a string of deadly shark attacks, have approved a plan to kill sharks that venture too close to people in the water.

The plan, which was announced by Western Australia state Premier Colin Barnett on Thursday, has infuriated conservationists and marks a sharp reversal of the current policy that permits the killing of sharks only after they have attacked.

"We will always put the lives and safety of beachgoers ahead of the shark," Barnett told Australian Broadcasting Corp. radio. "This is, after all, a fish — let's keep it in perspective."

Barnett and state Fisheries Minister Norman Moore announced the policy change as part of a 6.85 million Australian dollar ($7.2 million) package of "shark mitigation strategies" aimed at reducing the risk of attacks on beachgoers.

There have been five fatal shark attacks in Western Australia in the past year, prompting some residents to demand a more aggressive shark management plan. The new funding will pay for a fisheries department service to track, catch and kill sharks that get too close to swimmers, a study of shark enclosures at beaches, more jet skis for lifeguards and a GPS tracking program.

Great white sharks are a protected species in Australian waters, but the new policy would allow fisheries department officials to kill any great whites that present an "imminent threat to people," Moore said.

After an American diver was killed by a great white in Western Australia last year, the government set tuna-baited hooks to try and snare the predator. It was the first time authorities used an emergency legal exemption from the state protection of great whites to hunt the animal in the interest of protecting the public. The shark was never caught.

The Conservation Council of Western Australia praised the additional funds for research and increased patrols but slammed the new pre-emptive kill policy as ineffective.

"We are concerned that plans to kill sharks that approach beaches applies a 'guilty until proven innocent' approach to sharks and is a knee-jerk reaction to public concern that will harm the environment without protecting swimmers," the council's marine co-ordinator Tim Nicol said in a statement.

Sharks are common in Australian waters, though the nation has averaged just over one fatal attack per year over the past 50 years
hear my name
take a good look
this could be the day
hold my hand
lie beside me
i just need to say
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    this is sad....swimmers and beach goers are going into their world,killing sharks is bad for the eco system and just plain bad for the world.

Godfather.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Godfather. wrote:
    this is sad....swimmers and beach goers are going into their world,killing sharks is bad for the eco system and just plain bad for the world.

Godfather.

But going to another country and killing there inocent people is ok right? Just as long as they're Muslim....
    Killing ANY LIVING thing, human or animal is bullshit. But I find it funny/sad that you're ok with killing Muslims but not ok with killing sharks. You're thought process is intriguing to say the least. But I better watch what I say so I dnt get suspended from this forum again.

Let me reiterate again, killing sharks or any living thing is NOT OK.
  • Options
    badbrains wrote:
    Godfather. wrote:

Godfather.

But going to another country and killing there inocent people is ok right? Just as long as they're Muslim....
    Killing ANY LIVING thing, human or animal is bullshit. But I find it funny/sad that you're ok with killing Muslims but not ok with killing sharks. You're thought process is intriguing to say the least. But I better watch what I say so I dnt get suspended from this forum again.

can we just stay on topic? the topic is sharks... not people.

we remove the apex predator from the eco system the whole thing starts falling apar, more agressive sharks than the great white will move in and the incidence of attacks will rise. though in this instance its not every shark that will be killed.. just the ones that get too close to the people... whatever too close means.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    People are idiots.

We are not meant to swim in the ocean. If you want to play in nature you need to accept the rules and possible outcomes.

Killing the sharks will only hurt ourselves in the long run.
  • Options
    Not that I necessarily agree with what I am about to say... I'll play Devil's advocate:

We are an unfortunate species for the rest of the planet, but given that we are here... if I read this article correctly... they are talking about safeguarding the beach from potential sharks that are within range of beach-goers. This is not a gross policy that allows for the mass killings of sharks to harvest their fins for soup.

Where I live, we practice 'bear care' so that we do not invite bears into our community- lured by garbage cans placed out the night before... or for fruit that has not been picked up at the base of a tree... etc. Every now and then, a bear becomes a little too comfortable within our city limits and, regrettably, it is put down. It seems that we have accepted this as a precaution so that children walking to and from their elementary schools are not placed in harm's way. I know the likelihood of an attack is very small, but it seems an appropriate measure.

The practices of the 'shark guards' will likely be monitored very closely. I'm going to speculate that we will not witness massive numbers of sharks being killed. It's not realistic to expect humans to adopt the attitude where we forgoe the water so that sharks can live as they might if we didn't exist. We do exist and we want to be safe. Humans are not part of the natural food chain for sharks and to prevent us from becoming part of it- given the predatory nature of the large fish- its prudent to proceed with caution so that our children aren't 'nibbled on' as a maneater cruises by them.

In effect, I would expect the 'shark guards' to monitor the movements of the sharks like we do the bears. If a shark comes close to shore waters and then leaves... I would expect them to do so without getting killed for the encounter. If a shark becomes interested in the shore waters and the activities there, well... I think this is the shark they are talking about.

Again, I don't necessarily agree with what I have written- I'm just offering a perspective.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    badbrains wrote:
    Godfather. wrote:

Godfather.

where you picked on in school as a child ?

Godfather.
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    Not that I necessarily agree with what I am about to say... I'll play Devil's advocate:

We are an unfortunate species for the rest of the planet, but given that we are here... if I read this article correctly... they are talking about safeguarding the beach from potential sharks that are within range of beach-goers. This is not a gross policy that allows for the mass killings of sharks to harvest their fins for soup.

Where I live, we practice 'bear care' so that we do not invite bears into our community- lured by garbage cans placed out the night before... or for fruit that has not been picked up at the base of a tree... etc. Every now and then, a bear becomes a little too comfortable within our city limits and, regrettably, it is put down. It seems that we have accepted this as a precaution so that children walking to and from their elementary schools are not placed in harm's way. I know the likelihood of an attack is very small, but it seems an appropriate measure.
    The practices of the 'shark guards' will likely be monitored very closely. I'm going to speculate that we will not witness massive numbers of sharks being killed. It's not realistic to expect humans to adopt the attitude where we forgoe the water so that sharks can live as they might if we didn't exist. We do exist and we want to be safe. Humans are not part of the natural food chain for sharks and to prevent us from becoming part of it- given the predatory nature of the large fish- its prudent to proceed with caution so that our children aren't 'nibbled on' as a maneater cruises by them.

In effect, I would expect the 'shark guards' to monitor the movements of the sharks like we do the bears. If a shark comes close to shore waters and then leaves... I would expect them to do so without getting killed for the encounter. If a shark becomes interested in the shore waters and the activities there, well... I think this is the shark they are talking about.

Again, I don't necessarily agree with what I have written- I'm just offering a perspective.

yet convicted child predators get 3 square meals and a place to stay with great medical, eye & dental care after they harm a child (or several children in some monsters' cases). how come we can't straight up blow a hole through a child molester's fucking cold dark heart yet stupid ass society weak candy ass gun lover types all into trophy hunting will smoke a black bear that came down the mountain side and into a residential area or the shark that was minding to his/her own affairs having a swim/stroll through the waters of their own fucking home where some land lovers (aka society) may be taking a dip in the drink... the shark bites; time to call in the army, navy, air force and marines... we be shark hunting. the shark bit a higher more precious life form... off with their heads screams the rotund beach goer. off with their heads screams the city slickers whom spotted a bear on 10th street

basically most of society is not worth 13 whole fucking cents
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    We destroy their natural habitat, take over their territory and kill them when they come too close to us when we are in what is effectively their 'land' (or bit of water in the case of these sharks).

How about we keep away from waters we know 'belong' to sharks, stop expanding our 'communities' without thought, encroaching on land already inhabited by species other than man (and in the process destroying what keeps those 'non-human communities' alive and well). A bit more of that would keep the beachgoers safe, as the children walking to elementary school.

Our lifestyle expectations, our urbanisation is taking away what belongs to these creatures. Their feeding/hunting grounds, their breeding grounds, their safety and their right to live as they are meant to.

We kill off species to extinction, without understanding the consequences for the whole ecosystem; overfish; deplete the earth of it's natural resources... Damn - we're a fine species....
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    We destroy their natural habitat, take over their territory and kill them when they come too close to us when we are in what is effectively their 'land' (or bit of water in the case of these sharks).

How about we keep away from waters we know 'belong' to sharks, stop expanding our 'communities' without thought, encroaching on land already inhabited by species other than man (and in the process destroying what keeps those 'non-human communities' alive and well). A bit more of that would keep the beachgoers safe, as the children walking to elementary school.

Our lifestyle expectations, our urbanisation is taking away what belongs to these creatures. Their feeding/hunting grounds, their breeding grounds, their safety and their right to live as they are meant to.

We kill off species to extinction, without understanding the consequences for the whole ecosystem; overfish; deplete the earth of it's natural resources... Damn - we're a fine species....
    they just murdered an entire wolf pack in washington because wolves had ate some cattle on this ranch. the fucking cattle went into the deep forest. fucking hello?

now an entire wolf clan is fucking murdered off by shooters in a god damn helicopter. i wish the pilot would have had a stroke or H.A. whilst piloting these shooters around.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    Godfather. wrote:

Godfather.

agree 110%.. so sad.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    Zoso wrote:
    Godfather. wrote:

Godfather.

agree 110%.. so sad.
    didn't godfather support murdering bears & other majestic creatures ted nugent style? then he poked fun at me for using the word/term majestic when describing some of this earth's fine creatures? i'd say godfather is flip flopping around as if running for office

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    chadwick wrote:
    they just murdered an entire wolf pack in washington because wolves had ate some cattle on this ranch. the fucking cattle went into the deep forest. fucking hello?

now an entire wolf clan is fucking murdered off by shooters in a god damn helicopter. i wish the pilot would have had a stroke or H.A. whilst piloting these shooters around.
    I shed some tears when I read of this...I understand the owner of the cattle being killed wasn't doing all he could to protect them from the wolves and other predators. So, sorry to the wolves? Fuck that.

As to the topic, we have "buyer beware". Shouldn't there also be "person beware"? This is life, fer fuck's sake; venture into the vast ocean and be prepared to encounter...life in the ocean! With all of its creatures.

To think we're any better than them - than anything, anyone - well, just arrogant.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    hedonist wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

I shed some tears when I read of this.........

Wolves are such incredible creatures. I had the privilege of doing a couple of weeks of volunteer work with the UK Wolf Conservation Trust, getting to know the animals and everything - amazing.
  • Options
    Congress for the first time is directly intervening in the Endangered Species List and removing an animal from it, establishing a precedent for political influence over the list that has outraged environmental groups.

A rider to the Congressional budget measure agreed to last weekend dictates that wolves in Montana and Idaho be taken off the endangered species list and managed instead by state wildlife agencies, which is in direct opposition to a federal judge’s recent decision forbidding the Interior Department to take such an action.

The budget rider on the wolves, backed by two Western legislators — Senator Jon Tester, Democrat of Montana, and Representative Mike Simpson, Republican of Idaho — requires the Interior Department to adopt its earlier plan, removing wolves from the endangered list in those two states because it deemed that the states’ management plans, which include hunts of the animals, were acceptable.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/13/us/po ... .html?_r=0
  • Options
    Congress for the first time is directly intervening in the Endangered Species List and removing an animal from it, establishing a precedent for political influence over the list that has outraged environmental groups.

A rider to the Congressional budget measure agreed to last weekend dictates that wolves in Montana and Idaho be taken off the endangered species list and managed instead by state wildlife agencies, which is in direct opposition to a federal judge’s recent decision forbidding the Interior Department to take such an action.

The budget rider on the wolves, backed by two Western legislators — Senator Jon Tester, Democrat of Montana, and Representative Mike Simpson, Republican of Idaho — requires the Interior Department to adopt its earlier plan, removing wolves from the endangered list in those two states because it deemed that the states’ management plans, which include hunts of the animals, were acceptable.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/13/us/po ... .html?_r=0
    is this john tester a buddy of pearl jam members?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:

yet convicted child predators get 3 square meals and a place to stay with great medical, eye & dental care after they harm a child (or several children in some monsters' cases). how come we can't straight up blow a hole through a child molester's fucking cold dark heart yet stupid ass society weak candy ass gun lover types all into trophy hunting will smoke a black bear that came down the mountain side and into a residential area or the shark that was minding to his/her own affairs having a swim/stroll through the waters of their own fucking home where some land lovers (aka society) may be taking a dip in the drink... the shark bites; time to call in the army, navy, air force and marines... we be shark hunting. the shark bit a higher more precious life form... off with their heads screams the rotund beach goer. off with their heads screams the city slickers whom spotted a bear on 10th street

basically most of society is not worth 13 whole fucking cents

If you have ever read any of my posts as they pertain to how we should deal with sex offenders and other such felons... you'd know that I, for one, agree with much of this post.

With that said, as brutal a species as we might be... we're still a species. I understand the need to protect ourselves. Whether right or wrong, I'll choose my daughter's life over that of a great white shark. And, if it's not my daughter... then it's someone else's- it's not the pedophiles getting snacked on by sharks (but man, is that a great idea!).

Don't get me wrong- as I expressed... I'm playing devil's advocate (there really can't be a discussion without an opposing point of view). In reality, I prefer closing a beach down when a large shark is spotted in the waters. I prefer monitoring beaches and safeguarding them by warning swimmers versus destroying the animal. But I am a realist as well. In the event a shark is persistent in its efforts to maintain its status in populated waters and not leaving after snooping around a little bit... it might be too much to expect of people to concede the area. What would the timeline be for closing beaches until a shark or sharks vacate the area?

I sometimes find it ironic for North Americans and some others who jump to the defence of animals and the need to preserve natural habitats when their current existence might be attributed to colonization or the development of a nation at the expense of indigenous people. I mean, if one's such moral code is genuine, then I'd think that they'd probably at some point have considered moving back to Europe or, at the very least, support a massive and fair compensation package that would recognize the impact of European settlement on First Nations people.

And, I'm as cynical as they are... but let's be fair. 'Most' of society's worth a little more than 13 cents. When I get pissed at the masses, I have to stop myself from making generalizations because comprising the masses are individuals and- scumbag criminals aside- each of these individuals has a story and a lot of value.
  • Options
    If you have ever read any of my posts as they pertain to how we should deal with sex offenders and other such felons... you'd know that I, for one, agree with much of this post.

With that said, as brutal a species as we might be... we're still a species. I understand the need to protect ourselves. Whether right or wrong, I'll choose my daughter's life over that of a great white shark. And, if it's not my daughter... then it's someone else's- it's not the pedophiles getting snacked on by sharks (but man, is that a great idea!).

Don't get me wrong- as I expressed... I'm playing devil's advocate (there really can't be a discussion without an opposing point of view). In reality, I prefer closing a beach down when a large shark is spotted in the waters. I prefer monitoring beaches and safeguarding them by warning swimmers versus destroying the animal. But I am a realist as well. In the event a shark is persistent in its efforts to maintain its status in populated waters and not leaving after snooping around a little bit... it might be too much to expect of people to concede the area. What would the timeline be for closing beaches until a shark or sharks vacate the area?

ok first off ist not right or wrong that youd choose your daughter over a shark... its just plain right. id do the same. but i also have the choice to allow my child to enter the water or not. if they can get close enough to kill the sharks then they can get close to guide the them away and clear the water of swimmers, surfers and whoever else is in it.

aside from the issue of killing of any shark deemed too close to people is that the shark killed isnt necessarily a shark that has attacked a person. sharks have nowhere else to go. the water is their environment, they have no alternative, we do. as a coastal australian i am horrified that still after all this time with us being so water orientated in our activities that we still have this reaction to what some see as a problem.

secondly... sharks do not 'snack' on people. its not as if theyre targetting people. they dont know what we are. they take a 'nibble' and spit us out. we are not very tasty for them which is why the death rate from shark attacks isnt higher than the paltry number it is. WERE NOT ON THE MENU WERE JUST IN THE WAY.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    Zoso wrote:
    Godfather. wrote:

Godfather.

agree 110%.. so sad.
    didn't godfather support murdering bears & other majestic creatures ted nugent style? then he poked fun at me for using the word/term majestic when describing some of this earth's fine creatures? i'd say godfather is flip flopping around as if running for office

:lol: seems I have a target on my forhead....your right,Im not a sandle wearing hippie that sits around getting stoned and trips about "magestic creatures"and I don't trip on trophy hunters as long they do it legally.
    and I'm getting a little burned out on your self-rightous look at me bullshit and the hay look at Godfather. he's a bad guy, you yourself have issues to fix in your own life so why don't you take care of you before you try and tell the world what meanie I am :lol: it's a big world out there chad and I clearly see it different than you in some respects and maybe the same in others but I don't need to attack you to show everybody what a wonderful guy I am but if it makes you sleep better at night then I am glad I have done my part in my own little indirect way to make you feel better about yourself ;) enjoy your sunday.

Godfather.
  • Options

ok first off ist not right or wrong that youd choose your daughter over a shark... its just plain right. id do the same. but i also have the choice to allow my child to enter the water or not. if they can get close enough to kill the sharks then they can get close to guide the them away and clear the water of swimmers, surfers and whoever else is in it.

aside from the issue of killing of any shark deemed too close to people is that the shark killed isnt necessarily a shark that has attacked a person. sharks have nowhere else to go. the water is their environment, they have no alternative, we do. as a coastal australian i am horrified that still after all this time with us being so water orientated in our activities that we still have this reaction to what some see as a problem.

secondly... sharks do not 'snack' on people. its not as if theyre targetting people. they dont know what we are. they take a 'nibble' and spit us out. we are not very tasty for them which is why the death rate from shark attacks isnt higher than the paltry number it is. WERE NOT ON THE MENU WERE JUST IN THE WAY.

I think 'guiding' the shark away from the beach waters might be a little more difficult than you think.

Crew members of the USS Indianapolis might beg to differ with your assertion that sharks do not snack on or enjoy people.

That 'nibble' you speak of has a devastating effect on human tissue.

I still want to think that this policy will not lead to wanton shark killings. And although I disagree with the policy, I understand its rationale. I agree that it would be better to instate more spotters, clear the beaches and allow time for any rogue shark to get back to deep waters.

But again, what if the shark refuses to leave? Realistically, whether right or wrong, I don't think it's within our capacity to abandon beaches because a shark or sharks have taken residency there.
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    The two great whites they were able to tag and track, first time ever,
    are covering some sea acreage big time up around Cape Cod
    then down to Virginia back again...
    swim swim swim eat eat eat is what they do!
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    The two great whites they were able to tag and track, first time ever,
    are covering some sea acreage big time up around Cape Cod
    then down to Virginia back again...
    swim swim swim eat eat eat is what they do!

first time ever at cape cod.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Godfather. wrote:
    :lol: seems I have a target on my forhead....your right,Im not a sandle wearing hippie that sits around getting stoned and trips about "magestic creatures"and I don't trip on trophy hunters as long they do it legally.
    and I'm getting a little burned out on your self-rightous look at me bullshit and the hay look at Godfather. he's a bad guy, you yourself have issues to fix in your own life so why don't you take care of you before you try and tell the world what meanie I am :lol: it's a big world out there chad and I clearly see it different than you in some respects and maybe the same in others but I don't need to attack you to show everybody what a wonderful guy I am but if it makes you sleep better at night then I am glad I have done my part in my own little indirect way to make you feel better about yourself ;) enjoy your sunday.

Godfather.
    easy does it big guy. facts are facts, that is all & nothing more. all i do is read posts and react on them. this might mean that i respond. it might mean that i type up nothing. on here (this message board) we trade & toss around ideas, plans, thoughts logical or illogical & we debate.

many here other than myself store in our memory files fellow 10c members' behaviors, views, beliefs & such things. many of y'all are embedded forever in my mind.

supporting ted nugent and the like on their murderous rampages on bear, wolf, elephant, rhinoceros & other majestic beasts and rubbing it in my face for one's own shits & giggles is one definite way of getting under my skin

i remember once you told me you would never forget something i once said to you, works both ways my champion.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    perhaps uncle ted will fly his sorry ass to australia to hunt great white shark. fact...if ted could murder a great white he certainly would. this being my opinion on the guy & his trigger or bow fingers.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I think 'guiding' the shark away from the beach waters might be a little more difficult than you think.

Crew members of the USS Indianapolis might beg to differ with your assertion that sharks do not snack on or enjoy people.

That 'nibble' you speak of has a devastating effect on human tissue.

I still want to think that this policy will not lead to wanton shark killings. And although I disagree with the policy, I understand its rationale. I agree that it would be better to instate more spotters, clear the beaches and allow time for any rogue shark to get back to deep waters.

But again, what if the shark refuses to leave? Realistically, whether right or wrong, I don't think it's within our capacity to abandon beaches because a shark or sharks have taken residency there.

the sharks that fed on the crew of the indianapolis were oceanic white tips. they are opportunistic feeders and according to eyewitnesses fed on the dead tho they did nibble on a few live sailors.

and yes a nibble from a shark can be devastating but thats still all it is...a nibble. if it were otherwise victims would have zero chance.
    Post edited by catefrances on
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    perhaps uncle ted will fly his sorry ass to australia to hunt great white shark. fact...if ted could murder a great white he certainly would. this being my opinion on the guy & his trigger or bow fingers.

we dont need uncle ted here...
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:

please take him & leave him in the far outback perhaps? ;)

i am very sorry uncle ted lives here. haha. i want him to live somewhere far away and without his guns, ammo, and other killing tools. we could ship the fucker to a distant planet beings nasa is getting better and better at traveling into deep space. sad fact is he'd then kill aliens and gigantic worms living inside deep huge craters ;)

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

please take him & leave him in the far outback perhaps? ;) ...

no no weve our own share of crazy fools here.. but thanx for offering. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

no no weve our own share of crazy fools here.. but thanx for offering. 8-)
    :lol: ha
    weve our own share of crazy fools here
    i want that as my signature next to dunkman's famous & hilarious words

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    Godfather. wrote:

Godfather.
    easy does it big guy. facts are facts, that is all & nothing more. all i do is read posts and react on them. this might mean that i respond. it might mean that i type up nothing. on here (this message board) we trade & toss around ideas, plans, thoughts logical or illogical & we debate.

many here other than myself store in our memory files fellow 10c members' behaviors, views, beliefs & such things. many of y'all are embedded forever in my mind.

supporting ted nugent and the like on their murderous rampages on bear, wolf, elephant, rhinoceros & other majestic beasts and rubbing it in my face for one's own shits & giggles is one definite way of getting under my skin

i remember once you told me you would never forget something i once said to you, works both ways my champion.

fare enough my friend.
    about Ted...I don't support his hunting but I am guilty of supporting his music(the guy rocks!) but if he invited me on a hunting trip I couldn't go..killing animals unless I needed to eat just aint my thing but if he wants to do it (and he eats what he kills btw "kill it and grill it") that's his business,if I aprove or not will not change his mind but this is a thread about killing sharks to protect swimmers not Ted's hunting and as far as I know he's not a shark fisherman.
    I have a weird draw to the ocean I can't explane but I support ocean drilling....weird aint it :shock: I believe that there is no such thing as too much money spent on enviromental protection while drilling and untill we have a new form of energy without fossil fules we have to di it...it's a double edge sword.
    I also believe in the end that we will pay for the damage we've done to the earth and we are all guilty for supporting its distruction in even the smallest ways,my big thing that really bothers me is plastic bag's...I know it seems small but but those dang things end up in our land and oceans and in huge piles and they are killing animals and fish alike and we don't need em...paper ..recycled paper bags make a much smaller foot print on the earth, I know that there are many things we can do and many other things that make bad impact on our planet but I picked plastics :lol: ...I know they also require oil or fossil fules as well to manufacture, it seems to be a vicous circle.
    and by the way all is forgiven as far as I am concerned..grudges are just too much needlessly spent energy especially for a few words,be well my friend.

Godfather.
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:

if you haven't seen a Ted concert your missing out..Uncle Ted ROCKS !!!...just tell him no guns or hunting in your country :D

Godfather.